Vols 2014 Football Schedule

If this means the next season we have to go to Columbia, MO, in almost the end of November...ugh, that has some potential for some bad weather

So?

The SEC can make us play Florida and Georgia back to back, but Florida is hands off because they have an out-of conference game two weeks later?

It's almost always been that way with that game; not arguing it's right.

Plus it might possibly be that the school (which this might well be their only scheduling request) would actually have to agree to or push for it since it's not just a conference game lineup, but rather one against a continued non-conference rival (and a major, national type of one at that)

I'm not arguing merits of rightness or fairness here though.

Like every year that is an extremely tough schedule. Utah State is no Austin Peay (Daniel Gray returns to Knoxville). Oklahoma in Norman (Kameel Jackson returns to Norman), Ole Miss will be loaded and we play in Oxford.

I like the instate game being last, like many have said. I also really like a BYE week before starting SEC schedule. Florida being a little later is nice, too. It seems like we are almost never ready for their speed.

I would trade the bye before KY to before Bama or USCjr if I had the choice. KY is a bye most years.

Like every year that is an extremely tough schedule. Utah State is no Austin Peay (Daniel Gray returns to Knoxville). Oklahoma in Norman (Kameel Jackson returns to Norman), Ole Miss will be loaded and we play in Oxford.

Yeah Ole Miss will be great next year. FL gets a week off before us. OU will be a very hard game. Bama is Bama. UGA has a cake walk schedule again.

Jalen Hurd will be 9 months into the system come Oklahoma since he's an early enrollee... Do we see the TN boy get on it as a freshman?

Ole Miss will probably have the strongest team they've had in a long time come 2014....we better find our QB this year!!

Georgia before Florida and Florida in October? I like that. I'm liking the home/home with Oklahoma as well.

It's almost always been that way with that game; not arguing it's right.

I think schools should be on their own as far as non-conference scheduling goes. Don't see why that should be a factor when the SEC makes its schedule.

Always look forward to when UT plays Ole Miss especially in the grove. Get your tinted sunglasses out and enjoy the eye candy buffet.

Reactions: 3 people
I worked with a guy who is a huge Sooners fan. He's getting me to Norman, and I'm returning the favor the year after at Neyland. It'll be the first time I've been to a non-conference game other than Memphis. Should be awesome.

Vols Announce 2014 Football Schedule - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

UT
2014 Tennessee Football Schedule

Aug. 30 Utah State Knoxville
Sept. 6 Arkansas State Knoxville
Sept. 13 at Oklahoma Norman, Okla.
Sept. 20 OPEN
Sept. 27 at Georgia * Athens, Ga.
Oct. 4 Florida * Knoxville
Oct. 11 Chattanooga Knoxville
Oct. 18 at Ole Miss * Oxford, Miss.
Oct. 25 Alabama * Knoxville
Nov. 1 at South Carolina * Columbia, SC
Nov. 8 OPEN
Nov. 15 Kentucky * Knoxville
Nov. 22 Missouri * Knoxville
Nov. 29 at Vanderbilt * Nashville

Is this a joke? I can't bevieve UK isn't last. Why would they have to change? Florida not being 1st isn't a big thing but still. Not liking this. Even Bama is the last Saturday in Oct.

Is this a joke? I can't bevieve UK isn't last. Why would they have to change? Florida not being 1st isn't a big thing but still. Not liking this. Even Bama is the last Saturday in Oct.

UK has only been last since the conference made its scheduling format changes in 2002. Before then, UT's traditional end of the season game was Vanderbilt.

...if anything this seems more like things moving back to the order they should be in

VN Store

Back