Vols 2014 Football Schedule

The Vandy/Tucky swap makes sense to me, I like the in state rivalry now that Franklin is there.
The date of the Vandy game was moved at Vandy's request. They said they had no fans except their students and that over the Thanksgiving break, their stadium was Orange when they were the home team. Perhaps Franklin has succeeded in broadening the fan base.

Reactions: 1 person
I know this is off topic but I just heard on TSR rumors are coming out of a helmet change black or gray what they saying. Can someone start a topic on this to see what people are hearing? I would start one but it won't let because I do not have enough post. Sorry for being off topic!

This schedule is a big win. It moves Florida out of the first SEC matchup (which many have been asking for seemingly forever). The first bye falls in exactly the right spot, after a tough OOC game and before the start of SEC play. True, the Bama game should be a week earlier, but it wouldn't be a Vols schedule if it was perfect, now, would it? I don't know how much input CBJ actually had on this schedule, but I will give him credit for it anyway. :)

I love this schedule, especially since they moved Vandy and UK around, along with not playing UF as our first SEC game. It's also nice to not have an FCS as one of the first two games (although we still play one in the middle of the season).

could easily lose 3 or 4 of the first 5 - Utah St, sheesh

picture-360.png

Times they are a changing. I hope we will be favored in those games like the old days. If coach Jones is going to turn it around this would be great season to show it. Maybe a season too soon but it's going to happen

A lot of reshuffling to what we have been accustomed to the past couple of years here. Florida in October...has this ever happened before? I like seeing Vandy as the last game of the year again, always thought we should play our in-state rival in that last game.

No, but there have been years where UT played UGA before UF. The last time was 1995.

This schedule is a big win. It moves Florida out of the first SEC matchup (which many have been asking for seemingly forever). The first bye falls in exactly the right spot, after a tough OOC game and before the start of SEC play. True, the Bama game should be a week earlier, but it wouldn't be a Vols schedule if it was perfect, now, would it? I don't know how much input CBJ actually had on this schedule, but I will give him credit for it anyway. :)

He didn't. This was all the conference front offices and maybe some (a little) input from the schools...if the coaches had any real input in conference scheduling, LSU wouldn't still be playing UF every season.

That aside, starting off with UGA is still a tough SEC matchup

VN Store

Back