Cruitin' Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
AllforTennessee.com ‏@allfortennessee 2h
Vol target RT @TRUitt_thaTRUth: Trying to go to the same college with my bro @WGreen_4 we would shut it down

Reactions: 2 people
AllforTennessee.com ‏@allfortennessee 2h
Vol target RT @TRUitt_thaTRUth: Trying to go to the same college with my bro @WGreen_4 we would shut it down

Yes please! We will take both of you right now! Call Butch pronto and give him your bricks!

A few things from here in Chicago today...

We just finished up a bit ago and I just wanted to give you guys some observation on some guys.

First, some recruiting notes. A couple of California linebackers are very interested in Tennessee. Dwight Williams knows Byron Moore very well and the two talk quite often and Dwight wants to see Tennessee and see if it really is as good as Moore tells him.

He didn't think he could make it in this summer but an official visit is possible. Also, on Jamardre Cobb, he said Jancek was out to see him earlier this spring and is very interested in taking an official visit to Knoxville.

Another California defender interested in the Vols is John 'Juju' Smith.

Offensive lineman Isaiah Wynn of Georgia has Tennessee one of four schools that are recruiting him very hard right now and he hopes to make it to Knoxville this summer. If not, he'll likely take an official. He's very interested in Tennessee, especially with the needs on the offensive line.

Daniel Helm had a great day and was very consistent with how good he was. There was one play when they went to 7-on-7 work that he caught the ball between three defenders and drew a lot of notice from the crowd on hand.

He was consistently the best tight end and easily separated from linebackers.

D'Andre Payne had his moments as well. He was very technically sound today and was good in coverage. But, he also lost some jump balls because of his height.

Damian Prince looked good at tackle and kind of reminded me of Tiny Richardson during some of his drills and one-on-ones today.

Josh Malone looked good again today. He just always seems to be open in one-on-one situations. I'm very interested to see what he looks like tomorrow in 7-on-7s.

The 2015 Memphis guys, Drew Richardson and Joshua McMillon both showed some of their youth today. Just looking at them it's obvious both belong here physically, but you can tell there's just an experience difference between the sophomores and juniors.

Adoree Jackson is very fast for sure very fast. He played some receiver as well, but his speed is evident.

Dewayne Hendrix had a couple of good reps. His athleticism is obvious with his size, but he still has to learn to be more technical.

A couple of non-Tennessee notes. Joe Mixon was fantastic today. He plays running back but he caught everything and he has fantastic moves. Also, Da'Shawn Hand was great as well. After seeing him and others today I thought he was as good a defensive line prospect I've seen in a long time.

Just wanted to share some thoughts and we'll have more content, including highlights from some of today's actions and more stories.

- Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
so I got bored and used paint to make a possible future starting lineup, just to get an idea of what we could look like. this is 1 possible look, as there are several players that can be interchanged. this is just based on who we have, current commits, and just a few players that we lead for (Berry, Mouhon, Bates, Ford and DJ Smith). i didnt include some other recruits, just because we dont know who we will land.

looks promising

Attachments

• 1possiblelook.jpg
    1possiblelook.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 57
Pig

BMR14UICEAERUCR.jpg

Reactions: 6 people

247 has Truitt at 100% to Tennessee and Green 100% to Clem$on. Only team in common at the top of both of their lists is Tennessee. Green does have a pic of him visiting UT in a Vols jersey on his twitter saying, it would not be the only visit to UT he takes.

I think Ron is right, it could work out well for us.

247 has Truitt at 100% to Tennessee and Green 100% to Clem$on. Only team in common at the top of both of their lists is Tennessee. Green does have a pic of him visiting UT in a Vols jersey on his twitter saying, it would not be the only visit to UT he takes.

I think Ron is right, it could work out well for us.

I feel better now. Someone was mentioning the ole piss tasting hot sauce being poured this weekend and had me frightful. I would love to have both but would take Truitt as a guarantee and Green as a definite no if it meant we had Truitt without zero chance to lose. But, if he can get Green to UT, that would be fantastic. Regardless, if we look like a football team this year instead of a clusterbuck like last year, we will have a great class.

On Butch's recruiting so far...

"
Honestly Boys

I am at a FREAKING loss for words. What is going on here is what Phillip did his first few years as head coach. Had drinks and dinner last night with one of Coach Fulmer's daughters and her husband...a former TN great. What BUTCH is doing is nothing short of phenomenal, especially considering the shape the program is in.... I knew we didn't want Charlie Strong...but getting Butch thrown in our lap as an after-thought has been a GOD Send......

Truly Amazing

Swan"

- Swan Man on VQ

Reactions: 10 people

"
Honestly Boys

I am at a FREAKING loss for words. What is going on here is what Phillip did his first few years as head coach. Had drinks and dinner last night with one of Coach Fulmer's daughters and her husband...a former TN great. What BUTCH is doing is nothing short of phenomenal, especially considering the shape the program is in.... I knew we didn't want Charlie Strong...but getting Butch thrown in our lap as an after-thought has been a GOD Send......

Truly Amazing

Swan"

- Swan Man on VQ

Feeling it man....you're crystallizing a lot of feelings on here.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

"
Honestly Boys

Truly Amazing

Swan"

- Swan Man on VQ

I just played the Plantation Course in Kapalua in Maui...and this post is just as amazing as that was!

Reactions: 2 people

"
Honestly Boys

Truly Amazing

Swan"

- Swan Man on VQ

Good post. I recall Hubbs saying a while back that the vibe and the talent level we had coming through felt like the best he'd seen since the 1990's. impressive!

CBJ came here to win a championship and its clear he's doing everything in his power to get us there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back