Cruitin' Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign the max, it seems like it will shake out close to the following:

QB - 1 (Cornwell, Kizer, McClendon, or Doss)
RB - 2 (Hurd, Paulk)
WR - 4 (Jackson, Lauderdale, Lee, Wharton)
TE - 2 (Helm, Wolf)
OL - 4 (Blair, Brown, Thomas, and 1 HS)

DT - 3 (Ford, 1 JUCO, and 1 HS)
DE - 3 (Creamer, Henderson, Hendrix)
LB - 4 (Bates, El. Berry, Mouton, Weatherd)
CB - 3 (Ev. Berry, Payne, and 1 HS)
S - 2 (Kelly, McDowell)

K/P - 1 (Medley)

Thoughts?

QB: 1 (Confident UT gets Cornwell or Doss. I'm surprised Kizer hasn't already jumped on Notre Dame offer).
RB: 2 (Hurd & Paulk. I believe both are 100% Vol & stick with UT).
WR: 3 (Jackson, Lee, and either Malone or Lauderdale. UGA is heavily involved with both Malone and Lauderdale & will be an attractive destination for both with UGA's expected explosive, efficient passing attack next season. UT & UGA each get one, IMO. Also think Booth gets left out).
TE: 2 (Helm and Wolf. I think both ultimately sign with UT, but I'd watch out for a late offer from ND for Helm. He is blowing up and teams will not stop recruiting him).
OL: 4 (Blair, Thomas, Brown, & Ruble).

DT: 3 (Ford, Sawyers, & Barnett. Ford picks Vols over Buckeyes & Gamecocks. UT also lands two big, instate DL).
DE: 2 (Henderson & Hendrix. Hendrix picks Vols on NSD for final DE spot).
LB: 5 (Weatherd, Mouhon, Bates, Elliot Berry, & Wilson. Bates, Mouhon, & Berry announce for UT before summer is over, while instate stud Wilson is a surprise defensive pickup for UT.
DB: 5 (Kelly Jr., Payne, McDowell, Gaulden, & Smith/Wilson. I believe Gaulden is a silent and McDowell will be a Vol sooner or later. DJ Smith gets last DB spot, with Quincy Wilson also being in the mix. Looks like Wesley Green could be Clemson or South Carolina bound.

ATH: 4 (Truitt, Evan Berry, Creamer & Wharton. Truitt could play in the slot or CB. Same goes for Wharton. Evan Berry wants to play WR as well, but could end up at Safety. Creamer plays WR in HS, but looks to move to DE or OLB in college.

K: 1 (Medley. UT's kicker for this recruiting cycle).

It is rumored UT can only sign 29 this class, and I've included 32. Recruiting is very fluid and alot can happen to UT's roster and scholarship number between now and NSD. I think UT signs 30+.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Do you expect a short CB to consistently stop jump balls in a shorts type of situation? With pads on there's a lot more he can do. There's really not a lot of arm raking, finger stripping, or hand ripping at camps of this type.

I have no idea, personally. But your points make sense to me.

Does anybody know of any true freshman QB's in the SEC besides Manning that have started and were successful their first year? I mean coming to school in the summer, learning the Playbook and beating out everyone else to earn that job?

Does anybody know of any true freshman QB's in the SEC besides Manning that have started and were successful their first year? I mean coming to school in the summer, learning the Playbook and beating out everyone else to earn that job?

chris leak? he beat some pretty damn good lsu and uga teams as a true freshmen and went 6-3 in 2003

Last edited:
Would rather have used his spot on a 2014 class recruit since we are in on so many good ones. Don't see him contributing much this yr which is why we took him I believe

Obviously the staff feels different. They would not have taken him if they did not have a plan for him. Especially seeing him 1 time and then offering/accepting his commitment. He must have looked VERY good.

Would rather have used his spot on a 2014 class recruit since we are in on so many good ones. Don't see him contributing much this yr which is why we took him I believe

youre probably right... the coaches only want to take people they dont think can contribute.

This. It was absolutely ridiculous how espn constantly left that out when trying to hype him. There is a big difference between a redshirt and true freshman.

So why is everybody acting like a true freshman is going to come in and just take the job from Worley or Peterman? It doesn't happen in the SEC but people believe Dobbs or Ferguson will beat these guys out with no experience running an uptempo college offense. How often do we see that?

So why is everybody acting like a true freshman is going to come in and just take the job from Worley or Peterman? It doesn't happen in the SEC but people believe Dobbs or Ferguson will beat these guys out with no experience running an uptempo college offense. How often do we see that?

I expect Worley to start and do very well. Would not be shocked at all to see him have a 3000 yard passing season in this offense.

youre probably right... the coaches only want to take people they dont think can contribute.

Sorry to ruffle feathers. Obviously the coaches know more than me. Just stating an opinion. Seems like we are in on some really talented recruits and one won't get a spot because we took Johnson. But who knows. He may be amazing.

Erik Ainge wasn't too bad. Nor was Casey Clausen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back