Cruitin' Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul Fortenberry ‏@Volquest_Paul 3m
About to go on @YSportsRadio to talk Tennessee recruiting live from @SoldierField for the #RivalsChallenge

Just finished lineman one-on-ones

The star of the show was Da'Shawn Hand. No one slowed him down. There's a reason he's No. 1 in the country.

Dewayne Hendrix had a few good reps against Casey Tucker. Drew Richmond was going against the upperclassmen and the learning curve was obvious. He has the size and ability, but he's learning going against the caliber of defensive linemen here.

At other positions, Dillon Bates looks real fluid. Payne has looked very technically sound in drills and there's some chatter about him.

One-on-one drills just started and Helm has looked good early. Had a great out route and catch on Adoree Jackson. More coming this afternoon.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 5 people
I agree and wouldn't be surprised to see some different looks from time to time under Butch... bc he gets it. :)

You bringing the heat on yourself...I'd skip town, the uniform police don't read you your rights
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I'm enjoying reading about our commits beasting it up while I sip a drink poolside at the Ritz in Maui!
Go Vols!!

Enjoy man!...thanks for checking in with the little people on the mainland
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
So 4 for 2015 - anybody have a general idea what other schools already have numbers wise?

I'm not used to UT recruiting this far out - even under Fulmer.

So 4 for 2015 - anybody have a general idea what other schools already have numbers wise?

I'm not used to UT recruiting this far out - even under Fulmer.

I was looking at that the other day and a few other schools had 3-4. Recruiting is going well when you have more 2015 commitments than some schools have for 2014. Add in Middleton for 2016 and it's like a whole new world around Tennessee recruiting.

We are tops in the SEC. uf, au, uga, ark, all have 0 for 2015. Bama has 3. vandy has 1, a couple other have 1.

Last edited:
Texas has 4. Bama and FSU have 3. 247 has team rankings up but they suck because most of the players aren't rated yet.

I was looking at that the other day and a few other schools had 3-4. Recruiting is going well when you have more 2015 commitments than some schools have for 2014. Add in Middleton for 2016 and it's like a whole new world around Tennessee recruiting.

I know Texas is always ahead and sometimes UF, Bama, etc. it's just such a stark contrast from Dooley's approach. I rarely check out other schools boards. I wonder if they're throwing around $ in relation to us like we do with Ole Mi$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back