First four out.....

This is one of your quotes from not long ago about Lunardi.....

"Key with Lunardi is his final bracket, he'll change his opinion 100 times, but his final bracket is usually very close".

Either he is accurate or he isn't.

Dude get a life. If you really wanna fight with somebody get out from in front of your computor and find a gym.

All you do is try to argue with people.

This is one of your quotes from not long ago about Lunardi.....

"Key with Lunardi is his final bracket, he'll change his opinion 100 times, but his final bracket is usually very close".

Either he is accurate or he isn't.

That's pretty clear what I'm saying, reading comprehension lacking? His final bracket is very accurate, however is brackets at this stage aren't anything to call home about.

Up in the air? Yes... Political? No

If you don't think that politics are involved in who they select, then you are just plain naive. It is a big player in the bottom part of the tourney and the teams they select. The top part is easy.

Yes we are BTO. We should not be held in the same regards now that we were then. We are playing much better now.

I cannot believe he dropped us to the First Four Out.

Virginia and LaSalle would have to win their conference tourneys to get in over the Vols unless UT just tanks the SEC tourney on Thursday. So quit worrying.

How so? You have any evidence for this?

If you don't think that politics are involved in who they select, then you are just plain naive. It is a big player in the bottom part of the tourney and the teams they select. The top part is easy.

That's pretty clear what I'm saying, reading comprehension lacking? His final bracket is very accurate, however is brackets at this stage aren't anything to call home about.

FYI:

According to "The Bracket Project" a website that “measures how closely each Bracketologist got to matching the work of the selection committee for a period of at least 3 years, Lunardi is barely above the mean in comparison to 64 others.

The Bracket Project - Ranking the Bracketologists

It goes in order, just like Lunardi's. La Salle, Tennessee, Kentucky and Iowa State in that order.

Im not trying to be difficult but you must be looking at something completely different than what I am seeing.

CBS has it listed as these teams "on the fence" in this order under "Bubble Watch":

St Marys
Wichita State
La Salle
Iowa State
UK
Villinova
Tennessee
Ole Miss
U Mass
Bama

Im not trying to be difficult but you must be looking at something completely different than what I am seeing.

CBS has it listed as these teams "on the fence" in this order under "Bubble Watch":

St Marys
Wichita State
La Salle
Iowa State
UK
Villinova
Tennessee
Ole Miss
U Mass
Bama

NCAA College Basketball Tournament Bracket Predictions - CBSSports.com News, Scores, Stats, Schedule and RPI Rankings

Just below the bracket & just above the conference breakdown, he lists his last 4 in & first 4 out.

FYI:

According to "The Bracket Project" a website that “measures how closely each Bracketologist got to matching the work of the selection committee for a period of at least 3 years, Lunardi is barely above the mean in comparison to 64 others.

The Bracket Project - Ranking the Bracketologists

I'm one of the biggest fans of the bracket matrix, so not sure why you're dropping this piece of knowledge now. The "most accurate" bracketologist 2 years ago had us in last year, see how that worked out.

Lunardi's final bracket is solid, usually hits them all or misses one or two at most, that's not too shabby.

If you've read any of my other posts you'd realize I'm in no way pumping Lunardi, he is definitely flawed as they all are.

Funny though you mention this, doesn't "the best bracketologist" have us in over UK?

St Marys
Wichita State
La Salle
Iowa State
UK
Villinova
Tennessee
Ole Miss
U Mass
Bama

Go to Jerry Palms bracket, says last 4 in: La Salle, Tennessee, Kentucky and Iowa State.

How so? You have any evidence for this?

The yearly whinning that happens when some 6th place "power" conference (SEC, ACC, Big East) makes it in over some smaller mid major who went 28-4 but lost in their torney final. The selection committee is politically locked to the larger conferences due to the almighty $$$ that they bring in.

A 6th place large conference school with a .500 record does not belong in the tourney. RPI and SOS and all these other created metrics are just thrown around to try and justify the politics of sticking to the large conferences.

St Marys
Wichita State
La Salle
Iowa State
UK
Villinova
Tennessee
Ole Miss
U Mass
Bama

CBS Bubble watch has the teams in RPI ranking order.

As mentioned by others, Palm's bracket shows where he actually ranks them on overall profile and who he has in the tournament.

The yearly whinning that happens when some 6th place "power" conference (SEC, ACC, Big East) makes it in over some smaller mid major who went 28-4 but lost in their torney final. The selection committee is politically locked to the larger conferences due to the almighty $$$ that they bring in.

A 6th place large conference school with a .500 record does not belong in the tourney. RPI and SOS and all these other created metrics are just thrown around to try and justify the politics of sticking to the large conferences.

If the smaller mid major actually scheduled and won a few decent games they would get in. Just like MTSU this year. Their best win is Ole Miss at home. That is not good enough.

If the smaller mid major actually scheduled and won a few decent games they would get in. Just like MTSU this year. Their best win is Ole Miss at home. That is not good enough.

It's a double edged sword. The large conf. school doesn't want to give the mid majors the chance to beat them so they don't schedule them. What major conf school would want to take a chance on a Butler game (in the last few years)?

VN Store

Back