'13 TN DE Jason Carr (UT signee)

Do whatever it takes, CBJ.

wpid-the-Godfather-Horse-Head-Bed.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Here, take a couple.

:)

Yeah, this one worries me a bit. I'm just waiting for the season that a sense of entitlement really sinks in at 'Bama and it begins affecting how hard they work and play. Saban has been great about keeping that at bay thusfar, but I've got to believe it happens eventually. Because until we and other members of the SEC can start beating them on the field a little more regularly, they are going to be extremely hard to recruit against. Just is what it is.

:)

Yeah, this one worries me a bit. I'm just waiting for the season that a sense of entitlement really sinks in at 'Bama and it begins affecting how hard they work and play. Saban has been great about keeping that at bay thusfar, but I've got to believe it happens eventually. Because until we and other members of the SEC can start beating them on the field a little more regularly, they are going to be extremely hard to recruit against. Just is what it is.

Keep in mind we still have an in home in the back pocket. As long as the staff stays on top of Carr, I think he will realize that Bama is using their current on the field momentum to steal him away as opposed to the relationship being built with this staff and the university.

He's on an OV in Tuscaloosa at the moment. I'm as optimistic as it gets around here but there's nothing 100% Vol about that.

Look at the poster's history

Why wouldn't you go to a NC celebration if you were offered and coveted? I see no downside whatsoever

Look at the poster's history

Why wouldn't you go to a NC celebration if you were offered and coveted? I see no downside whatsoever

No downside whatsoever? Hmm okay.

I imagine there's a better than even chance he remains a Vol, but if recruiting were easy to predict, rivals, scout, and 247 would be out of business.

The fact that he's there and they may have room for him is plenty of downside when you're talking about something as unpredictable as recruiting.

Keep in mind we still have an in home in the back pocket. As long as the staff stays on top of Carr, I think he will realize that Bama is using their current on the field momentum to steal him away as opposed to the relationship being built with this staff and the university.

Gee Kreskin thanks. Since you have your finger on the pulse on top of this recruitment before Carr's plane touches down in the state of Alabama, tell us how the rest of the class is going to turn out.

Seems a bit contradictory, IMO.

if we keep Carr, is he going to start at DE or would he be like a 2nd or 3rd stringer?

How could anyone know that before he has even stepped foot on campus as a student much less practiced with the team? Obviously it depends on how good he is, how ready he is for the SEC (already looks ready to me), how quickly he can pick up the playbook, etc.. With that being said, its hard to start as a true feshman anywhere on defense but especially the defensive line...especially in the SEC.

Last edited:
How could anyone know that before he has even stepped foot on campus as a student much less practiced with the team? Obviously it depends on how good he is, how ready he is for the SEC (already looks ready to me), how quickly he can pick up the playbook, etc.. With that being said its hard to start in the SEC as a true feshman anywhere on defense but especially the defensive line.

To add to what you said, 90% of recruiting is for 2-3 years down the road. Most kids contribute as juniors and seniors. It's not always about the immediate pay off.

Lawson, a few CBs, and some WRs would be the only ones I would expect to see serious time this coming season out of this class but that doesn't mean guys like Carr wouldn't be monsters as SO or JRs.

Hope you are right. I like the work our staff is doing. They are still fighting against our recent history, though. Have to keep that in mind to stay level headed in all of this.

Just got this text from my bama friend

Bone now says Carr may get the full court press.. So the staff may have found out they need another DL... But said Carr has said he is solid to UT

What I worse a UA troll on here or a UT troll

As I said I was only posting what our sites are saying and backed it up with a quote I also said I like Carr and I thought he was a take and never once spoke for savannah just what our sites say

But understand trolls can not read and for the record I hope our staff does make a push and get a commitment from him

This is why I pulled for the fake girlfriends team. Bama sucks!

Just got this text from my bama friend

Bone now says Carr may get the full court press.. So the staff may have found out they need another DL... But said Carr has said he is solid to UT

?

I think it'll be hard to keep Carr. Hope I'm wrong

VN Store

Back