Thoughts on Kentucky

Not beyond the realm of possibility. UK is not reliable beyond the starting 5.
The NIT is just as likely as the NCAA at this point. Kentucky's non-conference resume was terribly mediocre, but everyone assumed that they'd have a great conference season to get a comfortable seed. It doesn't look like that's going to happen.

PHP:
Not beyond the realm of possibility. UK is not reliable beyond the starting 5.

One and Done is killing CBB IMO. It doesn't allow for building depth and if you wiff on one or two kids you're SOL. The SEC & BIG XII have many of these kids pass through and both leagues are trending down. The only league (IMO) that is trending up is the BIG due to the resent rise of IU and UM. Both of those programs will soon have to deal with their One and Dones leaving too.

PHP:

One and Done is killing CBB IMO. It doesn't allow for building depth and if you wiff on one or two kids you're SOL. The SEC & BIG XII have many of these kids pass through and both leagues are trending down. The only league (IMO) that is trending up is the BIG due to the resent rise of IU and UM. Both of those programs will soon have to deal with their One and Dones leaving too.
The SEC isn't trending down because of one-and-dones. The only program who only exclusively recruits one-and-dones is Kentucky. Florida will mix one in every once in a while, but we still recruit plenty of four-year players. Everyone else mainly recruits program players. The league is down because there are a bunch of coaches in their first/second years, and Vandy and Kentucky having down years isn't helping.

Stop it. One and Done won the NC last year. If you get the right combination of maturity and talent, you win a lot.

Kentucky is talented, not mature.

Coulda sworn Elston Turner was black. But I may be wrong, hasn't seen men's hoops since Billy Clyde left.

I'm kidding of course. We all love and miss that d bag Turgeon and his constant complaining about fans not loving him like we loved Billy.

Lastly, Kennedy better enjoy all the praise he gets for tonight's game because prior to now, we've been discussing how much it'd take to buy him out.

The NIT is just as likely as the NCAA at this point. Kentucky's non-conference resume was terribly mediocre, but everyone assumed that they'd have a great conference season to get a comfortable seed. It doesn't look like that's going to happen.

They played four teams in the top 30, two of which were top 3. None at home either...

I'm kidding of course. We all love and miss that d bag Turgeon and his constant complaining about fans not loving him like we loved Billy.

Lastly, Kennedy better enjoy all the praise he gets for tonight's game because prior to now, we've been discussing how much it'd take to buy him out.

He just earned a year reprieve for that one. wtf Kentucky.

UK is awful this year. But since Cal did just win the title, I'd say that buys him some time to recoop. Next years team is going to be insane....and thats even if 100% of this team leaves.

Didn't see one second of this game. What happened? I was too busy after watching UT's dumpster fire.

UK played under par in the first half, but not horrendous. The Cats came out hard in the 2nd half but TX a&m had a guard go bananas and scored 40, un freakin stoppable.

Yeah, I wouldnt say todays game will benefit UT. UK will come out angry.

UK played under par in the first half, but not horrendous. The Cats came out hard in the 2nd half but TX a&m had a guard go bananas and scored 40, un freakin stoppable.

Yeah, I wouldnt say todays game will benefit UT. UK will come out angry.

Did A & M play any zone like Vandy did to slow down Ky or was it mainly man?

Stop it. One and Done won the NC last year. If you get the right combination of maturity and talent, you win a lot.

Kentucky is talented, not mature.

Or they just had a really special talent in Anthony Davis. MKG should thank him every day for helping him get drafted that high.

VN Store

Back