DOOLEY is on ESPN right now!!!!

I'll piggy back those who've said he would do well in an analyst role.

Awful head coach, but he still possesses more football knowledge than probably 90+ percent of the talking heads on ESPN's payroll. Plus he has personality and wit.

Reactions: 1 person
Aren't all the experts on tv people who either didn't succeed at coaching or playing the sport they cover.Well usually anyway. Sounds like the place for him.
Ditka
Parcells
Steve Young
Bobby Knight
Terry, Jimmy, Michael & Howie

Are these guys part of your group of "all" who didn't succeed?

I would like to see your list of those who "failed" as players vs. the one's who succeeded regarding spending time on the air. Most anyone that is on the air did succeed as a player or a coach with a few exceptions.

Dooley definitely failed as a head coach. He was rewarded very nicely by UT for this.

But who knows, he might fall into the category of a Corso...average coach to some degree (still better than Dooley) but good on the air.

Still can't hate the guy. I am disappointed at some of things that have come out about his recruiting methods and how he interacted with the former players.

But to hate the guy...life is too short.

I consider Coach Jones a big upgrade but he is dealing with 4 head coaches in 6 years on the recruiting trail and that is tough! Even more importantly, think about the number of assistant coaches that have been out recruiting for UT in the last, say, 4 years. Just nocontinuity to speak of in making lasting relationships with recruits.

Last edited:
Not the greatest football coach but the man s far from a loser. Has a law degree and A beautiful family, have you accomplished more?

I'm a CTO of a great IT company with a beautiful family and MBA from UT, so yeah, I'm doing great thanks.

I guess some of you aren't content to let Dools simply move on with his life......because he didn't meet your personal expectations, you want him banned from public life altogether for eternity....some seriously immature people on here.

Same people who constantly bash kids who choose to play for UT, send them death threats and stalk them on Twitter.
One of these idiots is already calling for Cuonzo to be fired in his second year. I know all fan bases have their half wits, but we have more than our share.

Not the greatest football coach but the man s far from a loser. Has a law degree and A beautiful family, have you accomplished more?

He also figered out how to get 105,000.00 per month the next several years. wish I was that smart.

I'll piggy back those who've said he would do well in an analyst role.

Awful head coach, but he still possesses more football knowledge than probably 90+ percent of the talking heads on ESPN's payroll. Plus he has personality and wit.

His record shows little in the way of football knowledge, so that is incorrect. Comparing him to the talking heads on ESPN? Dooley still loses. BTW, where is he coaching now, using that vast football knowledge?

He also figered out how to get 105,000.00 per month the next several years. wish I was that smart.
If you could figure out a way to get every complete moron who posts on Vol Nation to send you like.........5 bucks a month, you'd be close.

Precious is where he belongs. Talking about a football team on television, not leading one.

Dooley did his best. Unfortunately he came up waaaay short. There is no need...in any shape or form.. to continue to bash this man. He is a man of integrity and by all accounts a quality human being. Some of you need to get life. Move on, get a hobby, jump off a bridge maybe. But shut up. GET SOME!!!

Integrity shouldn't come with a 6 million dollar buyout.

His players were indifferent at best when he was fired.

His former players at La Tech didn't care for him and went on record saying as much.

Former players at UT and area coaches described him repeatedly as aloof and arrogant.

He called out a guy for having a career ending injury(Cody Pope) and mocked the hygiene of another player to the media.

You barely heard about the man doing charity work around Knoxville.

How about giving it a rest on the blind support of Dooley based on his Southern drawl and aww shucks demeanor to the media?

VN Store

Back