DOOLEY is on ESPN right now!!!!

I really hope Dooley gets another coaching job because I'm just not too sure about watching EXPERTS anymore. Seems like the producers of the show would actually want EXPERTS on the show....maybe a winning record would be good. Just saying.

His record shows little in the way of football knowledge, so that is incorrect. Comparing him to the talking heads on ESPN? Dooley still loses. BTW, where is he coaching now, using that vast football knowledge?

He was a terrible head coach, but if you are honestly saying the man doesn't know football, then you are an idiot.

You don't coach for 15 years at the college level, including 7 under one of the greatest college coaches of all time without having a damn good deal of knowledge about the game.

Reactions: 1 person
Napoleon had his Waterloo, Michael Jordan had his baseball and head coaching experiment, Donal Trump has his football franchise owner (USFL) experiement....(I could go on...)

Each one of us, sometime in our life, will attempt something that we convince ourselves we're "good enough" to be successful at - only to fail. Dooley is one of us.

While he could use a little polishing on public relations, he's still a decent guy who tried very hard and probably lost a lot of sleep b/c of his competitive nature. He needed to go, but I'm not in the sport of bashing someone when they're down.

Reactions: 3 people
He does have purty hair.. :birgits_giggle:

deliverance-remake.jpg

It is good to have a meeting place here in this thread for all the people who have miserable lives, living off the government, never held a job for more than a couple months, still live in momma's basement, and know less about coaching or the game of football than the average village idiot. Preach on brethren.

The man did nothing but throw our program under the bus further.It was all about him and nothing else.If you want pretty pick up the 2013 swimsuit addition but please get over the man that darn near killed our program.It was him first and the money second and how many of you guys screwup as bad as he did and your boss says heres 5 million dollars we don't need you anymore.We don't know how many w's and l's Butch Jones has but i believe we have someone inplace who wants to to be here and has the integrity to start us on the road to rebuilding.You can watch all this premadonna you want but i for one won't watch one minute of anything this moron is on.Go Vols

I hope he does well at it. I'd love to see him be a sports analyst.

I heard they are going back to a 3 man format on MNF and Dooley is joining Gruden in the booth. He just has to wait for his last check from UT to sign the contract.

These are the same "experts" that laughed at how bad we'd get throttled by nc sate. And now they add Dooley to the mix? Wow

Some people need to move on.

I think Freak should give a temporary troll-ban to the 27 Likes on this post. Every VFL should be ready to pun on Derek Dooley for the next 50 years. Every VFL should be thinking of new creative ways to describe the abomination that was the Dooley years.

I said it after Showergate - the man used the Head Football Coach position at UT to audition for a television job. In the process of his audition, he found interesting and unique new ways to lose. He was an X-Factor epic fail as a football coach.

He probably will be great on television. But he shouldn't have used my university as the stepping stone there. For that and for his record at Tennessee, he deserves all the stick Vol fans can dream up for 50 years.

If Lou freaking Holtz has kept his job this long through all of his slobbering, then I think Dooley and his accent would be just fine.

The difference is that Holtz offers a comic relief and his constant battle with Mark May. Dooley offers nothing but a losing record and a failed coach. His accent would be a turn off compared to Holtz daffy duck impression.

I think Freak should give a temporary troll-ban to the 27 Likes on this post. Every VFL should be ready to pun on Derek Dooley for the next 50 years. Every VFL should be thinking of new creative ways to describe the abomination that was the Dooley years.

I said it after Showergate - the man used the Head Football Coach position at UT to audition for a television job. In the process of his audition, he found interesting and unique new ways to lose. He was an X-Factor epic fail as a football coach.

He probably will be great on television. But he shouldn't have used my university as the stepping stone there. For that and for his record at Tennessee, he deserves all the stick Vol fans can dream up for 50 years.

So I guess having a personality means he was auditioning for TV. :shakehead: I mean dang, we can't look back and find a lot of good things about his time here, but moving on IS what we need to do. He tried, he failed to get results, and I think continuing to kick him at this point is not something we should be proud of.

Reactions: 1 person
Hmmm maybe this thread needs to be pulled!!! DD is gone and we are on to bigger and better things!!!!

GO VOLS..
GO BIG ORANGE ... :rock:

He was a terrible head coach, but if you are honestly saying the man doesn't know football, then you are an idiot.

You don't coach for 15 years at the college level, including 7 under one of the greatest college coaches of all time without having a damn good deal of knowledge about the game.

If there is an idiot, it would be you. Drawing conclusions that are not based on reality, certainly not evidenced by either his lack of success at UT or even LTU. Knowledge of football, but too stupid to apply that knowledge? All that experience you cite was proven at UT wasn't it? Get real.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back