'13 GA LB Zach Barnes

How in the heck would we know if this staff can evaluate talent? There's no evidence. This guy never should have gotten a Tennessee offer. It just shows how far we've fallen as a program.

https://twitter.com/Niebuhr247/status/256910905865039872

Barnes' dad played in the NFL

Evaluating talent = finding good players without 4/5 star ratings

Brian Randolph was a 3 star

Dontavis Sapp was a 2 star (late addition to '10 class) and already has more career starts than '07 recruiting class 5 star bust Chris Donald

Last edited:
why should this kid have not gotten an offer, is it because he doesn't have a bunch of starts next to his name.

"I don't really know what to say right now," Barnes said. "I still think it's a great school and I think the program is good. I just need to take my time and see who they hire. I'm still committed."

-Barnes, per VQ

Reactions: 3 people
from AJC

•Zach Barnes is ranked as a 2-star by Rivals but only playing his third year of football. His father played in the NFL with the Atlanta Falcons and San Diego Chargers. “Nothing has changed. I’m still committed to Tennessee. I’m just focusing on my game and helping my team in the playoffs.” What was his reaction to Dooley’s firing? “I really don’t have much to say about it. I’m just trying to play my game right now for Grayson High School. I hope something good will come out of that. That’s all I can do.” The 6-3, 225-pounder picked Tennessee over Indiana and Southern Miss, but hasn’t really had any contact with any other schools since committing to the Volunteers last June.

Rumor on VQ that he's been cut loose...

Wouldn't surprise me. Barnes, Goeas, J. Sanders, Koehler, Sutton, Skipper, Zanca, and Jackson are all on thin ice. The defensive players recruited for the 3-4 will not necessarily fit what our new DC wants for the 4-3.

Wouldn't surprise me. Barnes, Goeas, J. Sanders, Koehler, Sutton, Skipper, Zanca, and Jackson are all on thin ice. The defensive players recruited for the 3-4 will not necessarily fit what our new DC wants for the 4-3.

I sure hope Koehler is not on thin ice.

I don't think Skipper is. Skipper will be one of Mahoney's first stops this week.

Last edited:

Time to clean out

https://twitter.com/Niebuhr247/status/256910905865039872

Barnes' dad played in the NFL

Evaluating talent = finding good players without 4/5 star ratings

Brian Randolph was a 3 star

Dontavis Sapp was a 2 star (late addition to '10 class) and already has more career starts than '07 recruiting class 5 star bust Chris Donald

Exactly. I feel ranking teenage athletes is for the most part arbitrary. Yes, you can guage the talent of the great ones, but most 18 y/o are still going through physical maturation. Potential is hard to quantify into tangible terms as well.

VN Store

Back