'13 GA LB Zach Barnes

that is very true but there is really no one else to look to.

Christian Harris & Latroy were suppsoed to be the guys.

Other than them, there is no Big time LB talent behind Lathers, AJ & Curt

Injuries Killed our LB Unit

That's fair. But he's getting in over Crump, Fugate, and Propst, all of which have played before. Obviously, there is a serious drop-off in talent after our starting 4 backers, minus Willie Bo, because the rest are hurt.

Just saw this on twitter, can't wait for Sal to get a hold of this kid.

Niebuhr247

DC at Grayson, GA, says #Vols LB commit Zach Barnes is having a great season. Under the radar guy

Edit: Damn jmoore haha

Pic: #Vols DE/LB commit Zach Barnes celebrates after getting into the backfield and forcing a fumble
Keith Niebuhr

Attachments

• A5C6ESfCAAAIiTZ.jpg
    A5C6ESfCAAAIiTZ.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: 1 person
@BB not sure if serious about German Lathers? Made a huge sack in GA game and forced fumble to help Vols take lead.

Maybe you should check the date on that comment. But what did he do outside of that play?

He had a goal line stuff at some point in the UF or Akron game, but I agree he's not been stellar. Lots of players say he's the QB though, and that people are in better position when he's on the field because he's picked up the system quickly. That's worth something I guess.

He had a goal line stuff at some point in the UF or Akron game, but I agree he's not been stellar. Lots of players say he's the QB though, and that people are in better position when he's on the field because he's picked up the system quickly. That's worth something I guess.

We've been lining up wrong all year. That's been part of the reason for all the busts..... He needs to step it up period.......

Whoever taught the Grayson DL and LBs to rush did an excellent job. You can tell when you watch film of these guys that they use their hands really well. And the way that Niebuhr keeps talking about him makes me think he is liking the same things that Sal likes. Can’t wait to see what he’s like with more evaluation.

3 guys that dont get much pub impressed last nt: #Vols LB commit Zach Barnes, #Arizona DE commit Jack Banda & uncommitted DB Ryan Carter
Keith Niebuhr

Reactions: 3 people
Zach Barnes talks Tennessee with 247

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF66Y4_abXw&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Zach Barnes talks Tennessee with 247

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF66Y4_abXw&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

Kid gives a really good interview. Sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders as well. I hope he gets some more attention.

Kid gives a really good interview. Sounds like he's got a good head on his shoulders as well. I hope he gets some more attention.

yeah I agree.

one thing this staff can do well is evaluate talent.

I hope Barnes turns out to be the player Sal wants him to be

yeah I agree.

one thing this staff can do well is evaluate talent.

I hope Barnes turns out to be the player Sal wants him to be

How in the heck would we know if this staff can evaluate talent? There's no evidence. This guy never should have gotten a Tennessee offer. It just shows how far we've fallen as a program.

How in the heck would we know if this staff can evaluate talent? There's no evidence. This guy never should have gotten a Tennessee offer. It just shows how far we've fallen as a program.

A few of Dooley's juniors are being projected in the top 3 rounds, I'd say that's evidence enough.

Reactions: 4 people

Same things were said about Devrin young. Do you remember the time when we had almost every punt return screwed up by someone. That was untill devrin came.
I'd say these guys(Coaches) can evaluate talent.

Reactions: 2 people
Same things were said about Devrin young. Do you remember the time when we had almost every punt return screwed up by someone. That was untill devrin came.
I'd say these guys(Coaches) can evaluate talent.

Its not that difficult.

A few of Dooley's juniors are being projected in the top 3 rounds, I'd say that's evidence enough.

No one really that wouldn't likely be projected anyhow though. Hunter, Bray, J. James all were both A, recruited by Kiffin (though Hunter committed to Dooley), and B, were highly thouggt of players to begin with. Bray possibly being the lone exception to that, even though he was a 4* guy after the Elite 11 and commitment switch. Still, he was a Kiffin guy all the way. Dooley doesn't have a lot of juniors that he can claim as solely his guys.

No one really that wouldn't likely be projected anyhow though. Hunter, Bray, J. James all were both A, recruited by Kiffin (though Hunter committed to Dooley), and B, were highly thouggt of players to begin with. Bray possibly being the lone exception to that, even though he was a 4* guy after the Elite 11 and commitment switch. Still, he was a Kiffin guy all the way. Dooley doesn't have a lot of juniors that he can claim as solely his guys.

And none are on defense

VN Store

Back