Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got an email telling me I can buy more season tickets without further donation. That doesn't bode well for the search, already trying to give away tickets.

For that to happen, our boosters and our AD would have be on the same page. I don't think they are. This seems like there is a lot of internal leveraging going on as well.

If boosters were intentionally working behind scenes to manipulate outcome as some have suggested, AD and boosters wouldn't have to be on same page. The boosters would only have to know what the AD's budget is. Which I suspect, not only do they know that, they are probably the one's who set it (de facto) thru the BOT.

The school would be the school where my husband is a coach. I will not say what school but my name spells that out. The AD would be the AD at the high school where my husband teaches. It wouldn't be right for me to just say...
S. f'n D.

Trojans...got it

Don't kid yourself... All of these coaches talk to each other and the word on Tennessee is out.

Due to Cheek and Martin squeezing the pool of recruitable athletes that can get admitted, coaches are starting to see the difficulty in succeeding at Tennessee and saying NO THANKS!

We are completely dysfunctional right now with a huge divide between athletics and academics.

Notre Dame hasn't had any problems. And our academic standards aren't even in the same ball park.

Sounds spot on to me.

No worries about the media. They are starting to realize they have been played. At the end of this process they will look like the foolish ones as usual and UT will look brilliant!

Two weeks ago if Gruden was hired for say $5 million on an 8 year deal people would have screamed. Why? Because the media would have said we could have paid less and gotten a proven coach. Well we have now gone through what appears to be a legit search and have come up with nothing. As a matter of fact there have been numbers floated by unnamed sources that we even offered Charlie Strong close to $4 million and he turned us down for less money. Oh my! What are we going to do now? Are we going to get stuck with another second tier coach? Or are we going to spend the money and get a great one?

You can now consider yourself conditioned for the Grudenprice. Gruden will be our next coach and it will feel like a bargain at $5 million a year. Don't think too many outside of the diehard Grudenites would have said that two weeks ago.

I must say Boomer Vol has predicted this insanely close. He did not give a time frame for a hire, but I just remember him saying 3 coaches would be mentioned. The last 1 would be so close that you would be sick to your stomach, but then he would not be announced. If gruden doesn't come to UT, I'm sure we will be fine unlike most on here think, but if.....ooooohhh if Jon Gruden comes, I will be at the Orange & White game for the first time since 2007.

Twitter:

VolRumorMill‏@VolRumorMill

The names emerging as new candidates are names I heard 3 weeks ago as names that would be floated to buy* time. Hang in there #vols fans.

Reactions: 1 person
TB had a good point actually by saying the academic regulations that Cheek has put in place is a huge driving force as to why we are having trouble right now. Maybe thats why Dooley was so narrow in who he was recruiting. It makes sense really....

Still pulling for the Grude
I think TB hit the nail on the head.

Unfortunately, that nail is in the coffin of UT's athletic department.

Look at the state of the football and basketball programs. It's a travesty. It kills me to see the university I love be a national laughing stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back