Official Jon Gruden Thread XVI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband is a high school coach in the Chattanooga area. When I called him yesterday to tell him about the Grider article/connection he told me that Grider had been at the school on Tuesday meeting with their athletic director. This is absolute fact.

To help you clarify,

Being what school? Whose athletic director?

Vagueness is grounds for some to attack here. Specifics makes you loved...or called a troll.

See all the banner ads that pop up on this site? I doubt that Freak is making a ton of money, but with over a million visitors last week, I'm pretty sure he's getting paid.

But doesn't he only get paid if we click on the ads?

And as far as I know no one is leaving this site until something happens.

Reactions: 1 person
1624gtl.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
First time I've been able to get on since 8 this morning. Still hoping to hear some good news this afternoon!

That is a concern of mine as well.

Is the publicized rejection enough to sway a perhaps once-committed Gruden. He may not want to be seen with an ugly fat chick.

Unless he is so egomaniacal that he believes any job he takes automatically becomes the #1 job in the country?

I agree. we would be better with an interim, like Chaney then going to a Dooley like hire.

If this goes on into next week, I would not be surprised if we stick with Chaney for the season and see if their are better fishes to catch next year.

I hope I wrong.

To help you clarify,

Being what school? Whose athletic director?

Vagueness is grounds for some to attack here. Specifics makes you loved...or called a troll.

The school would be the school where my husband is a coach. I will not say what school but my name spells that out. The AD would be the AD at the high school where my husband teaches. It wouldn't be right for me to just say...
S. f'n D.

TB had a good point actually by saying the academic regulations that Cheek has put in place is a huge driving force as to why we are having trouble right now. Maybe thats why Dooley was so narrow in who he was recruiting. It makes sense really....

Still pulling for the Grude

The school would be the school where my husband is a coach. I will not say what school but my name spells that out. The AD would be the AD at the high school where my husband teaches. It wouldn't be right for me to just say...
S. f'n D.

School of Fashion and Design??? We're getting black uniforms!!!

Or here's another guess....

South Doyle?

I am thinkin of Gruden as Doc Holliday in the street with future AD Fulmer and assistant coaches, telling Hart (Johnny Tyler) "Oh Dave, I apologize; I forgot you were there. You may go now."

"Why, Johnny Tyler, where ya goin with that shotgun.?"

"Oh, Doc. I didn't know you's back in town."

Classic!

AV

Who did he hire?

He hired a coach at East Carolina in the 80's, then promoted from within when that guy left. Didn't hire a football coach at FSU, but did hire a basketball coach (or two, I'm not sure). Now remember, he played basketball for Alabama so I'm assuming this is the sport he really loves. Yet FSU stinks at basketball, so not looking good for basketball hires either. He sure didn't hire ANYONE at Alabama since he was only the aide to the AD. That is what infuriates me with his comment about having such expertise in these things and having knowledge that no one else does!!!

S. f'n D.

Soddy F**@#! Daisy

Reactions: 3 people
No worries about the media. They are starting to realize they have been played. At the end of this process they will look like the foolish ones as usual and UT will look brilliant!

Two weeks ago if Gruden was hired for say $5 million on an 8 year deal people would have screamed. Why? Because the media would have said we could have paid less and gotten a proven coach. Well we have now gone through what appears to be a legit search and have come up with nothing. As a matter of fact there have been numbers floated by unnamed sources that we even offered Charlie Strong close to $4 million and he turned us down for less money. Oh my! What are we going to do now? Are we going to get stuck with another second tier coach? Or are we going to spend the money and get a great one?

You can now consider yourself conditioned for the Grudenprice. Gruden will be our next coach and it will feel like a bargain at $5 million a year. Don't think too many outside of the diehard Grudenites would have said that two weeks ago.

Reactions: 7 people
If we are in as much trouble with hiring a coach as it appears we are, we will see some movement on the recruiting front. Do ya"ll find it odd that they have all been quiet as a little church mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back