Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, from info close to the AD side of things, if Dooley had beaten Vandy and Ky, gone to a bowl and won, Hart was planning on keeping him.

general thought is/was that this would have been the best case scenario as the smoke screen. You have a coach in place, so nobody is freaking out about who has interviewed, etc....work the deal with Gruden and have a nice transition over the dead period in December. I've heard from several that the decision WAS made after Miss St. The only ??? was how to play it out.

Personally (no knowledge or info), I "think" that Dooley knew and just mentally mailed the last few in, especially Vandy....knowing that this would put Hart in an uncomfortable situation. Hart could have justified keeping him around for "bowl preparations" but once that was gone, Hart had no choice.

Ok, just dropped in for a minute....what is this big announcement and who said it?

The Mayans accurately predicted 12/21/12 as the date of the Gruden hire.

We will pay him and his staff $10 million plus lifetime supply of Daper Dan hair gel.

Val Kilmer may or may not be part of Gruden’s staff at UT

Now you are up to date!

Reactions: 5 people
val-kilmer-fat.jpg

Fulmeresque size though.... hmmm :dance2:

His name in Top Gun 2 is Ice Cream

Reactions: 3 people
There is no way anything hinged on a bowl game. You don't wait until after a meaningless bowl game at the end of december and fire a coach. We are not hiring another coach in Jan. on purpose.

Point of my statement being that Hart did not want to fire Dooley if he had won those games. Bowl game win appears to have been just extra ammo to back his cause.

Will this thread continue even after the next coach is hired? Perhaps keep it going for after the next coach moves on in maybe 2018

How will we know when the big announcement is to take place?

When we run through all the names of coaches who are remotely available above the FCS level. Then, we announce our real candidate. Hart is playing a game.

At least I hope he is.

How will we know when the big announcement is to take place?

When we run through all the names of coaches who are remotely available above the FCS level. Then, we announce our real candidate. Hart is playing a game.

At least I hope he is.

My prediction: the day quarles is added to our "list" Gruden will be announced lol

Point of my statement being that Hart did not want to fire Dooley if he had won those games. Bowl game win appears to have been just extra ammo to back his cause.

I understand what you are saying. I was just making the point that if they would have stuck with him until a bowl game then he would be here next year. Barring a deal for Gruden in late december or jan which would still make it where a bowl game didn't matter.

On something completely different, 12-12-12 will be the last time anything like that will ever happen. I know, Albuquerque!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back