Official Jon Gruden Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still rolling...

GrudenStatsXV.gif

Don't care who you are...that's a lot right there!:yess:

Well, from info close to the AD side of things, if Dooley had beaten Vandy and Ky, gone to a bowl and won, Hart was planning on keeping him.

That would make sense. It would have shown some improvement over prior year and would have avoided the buyout.

Well, from info close to the AD side of things, if Dooley had beaten Vandy and Ky, gone to a bowl and won, Hart was planning on keeping him.

Which displayed the likely true nature of any problem all along...Hart is a petulant ass who doesnt like his job.

I've been told that Gundy doesn't have the control he would like. Maybe he is angling for that.

I can say with certainty that he and his AD do NOT get along. You could be right. More money and more control, both of which Pickens can give him to make sure he doesn't bolt and leave that program in a lurch. Remember, they were horrible for a long time before Les Miles.

Not what what I was told by an AD official the Monday after MSU.

Inconsequential now I guess.

Last edited:
It's been a while sice I posted, because my job keeps me busy away from my desk, but I'm very encouraged to hear there is a big announcement. I just hope that's not more BS propoganda to keep us all guessing.

All in for The Grude!

Reactions: 1 person
BBM Yes..yes we do!! :yes:

David Pollack ‏@davidpollack47
If I'm Arkansas I hire Art Briles yesterday. Perfect fit Tenn needs Gruden or Strong.

Reactions: 2 people
I have been thinking about the next hire and also thinking about who's been rumoured so far. I haven't heard about what systems are in place at said schools. Hart must know that we have to win NOW. If you bring in a spread coach (Chip Kelley, Brian Kelley), how would their schemes fare with our current players? Remember Dave Clawsen? How about 3-4 defense? That's another intangible that must be thought out. Could we afford to wait another 3 years while a coach gets HIS players in place? That's why I think it'll narrow the field down a lot. "cough"Gruden"cough". It's not enough to bring in a winning coach, you have to look at the system they bring and players we have.

Mac B from Tennessee ‏@mac_b_from_tn
John Pennington still lists Jon Gruden as a candidate for a college coaching job. Not even sure what to say at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back