MACGRUDER's Jon Gruden theory (with help from others) Warning: Long

good grief people have too much time on their hands. typing essays in their spare time. really?

And yet you took the time to type a response. Pathetic, dude. Don't read it if you don't like it. Would BOOM or SOON have been more on your level?

So I went ahead and spent 30 bucks on aluminum foil today while grocery shopping.

Free tinfoil hats for everyone!

That truely was an excellent, well-thought out piece of journalism. Although I will be pleasantly surprised if it happens; I won't be surprised if it doesn't happen. The main thought of it all is that we need a BIG, BIG name to come in and revive the football program. Fortunately, there are a number of potential "homerun hires" , who could readily revive the program merely by having their names associated with the HC job at Tennessee. I know it is tough, but, let's just wait and see what happens! We are not at the point-of-no-return......YET!!

So I went ahead and spent 30 bucks on aluminum foil today while grocery shopping.

Free tinfoil hats for everyone!

DD4ME already has his foil hat.

:bump3:

MacG ... looks like your OP has been received quiet well. Moved the post from our discussion, when you first posted in the the Gruden XIV Thread, very early this A.M.

That is a post of epic proportion ... "The Gruden Conspiracy" (playing soon on an iPad near you.) I enjoyed it and appreciate the effort that went into it. Worth the read.

IMO ... Pretty good summation as what "seemed" to happen through the eyes of the Gruden Threads, with the right amount of VN humor. Especially the part about :run:

Here's hoping you don't get burned at the stake ... some seem to be in a very fragile state.

We will know when someone steps up to the podium.:beerf:

A chronology of comments about Nick Saban taking the head coaching job at Alabama:

Nov. 27:
Saban: "When I was in college it was always about coming to the pros. This is the challenge I wanted. I had a good college job. Why would I have left that if I was going to be interested in other college jobs?

"I took this as a challenge. We certainly haven't seen this through and gotten where we want to go and finished the job here, so why would I be interested in something else?"

Dec. 5:
Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga (after giving Saban a vote of confidence): "I am completely sold on Nick Saban. I would admit we made a mistake if we did make a mistake, but I firmly believe in Nick Saban."

Dec. 7:
Saban: "I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress."

Dec. 21:
Saban: "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. ... I don't control what people say. I don't control what people put on dot-com or anything else. So I'm just telling you there's no significance, in my opinion, about this, about me, about any interest that I have in anything other than being the coach here."

Dec. 27:
Saban: "I'm just making a rule to never comment on something like that again because every time you comment on it, it just makes for another story. So I'm not going to comment on it five years from now, and I'm not going to comment on it next week."

Jan. 4:
Saban: "What I realized in the last two years is that we love college coaching because of the ability that it gives you to affect people, young people. ... If I knew that my heart was someplace else in what I wanted to do, I don't think it would be fair to the [Dolphins] organization if I stayed."

Reactions: 2 people
Funny how the last monday night game of the year is the jets at Tennessee.

Gruden obviously had the game time and location moved to Nashville. I tried to find a preseason schedule to see who was originally scheduled to play that night but they had all been removed from the internet. Coincidence? I think not :blink:

A chronology of comments about Nick Saban taking the head coaching job at Alabama:

Nov. 27:
Saban: "When I was in college it was always about coming to the pros. This is the challenge I wanted. I had a good college job. Why would I have left that if I was going to be interested in other college jobs?

"I took this as a challenge. We certainly haven't seen this through and gotten where we want to go and finished the job here, so why would I be interested in something else?"

Dec. 5:
Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga (after giving Saban a vote of confidence): "I am completely sold on Nick Saban. I would admit we made a mistake if we did make a mistake, but I firmly believe in Nick Saban."

Dec. 7:
Saban: "I'm flattered that they may have been interested in me, but it never really progressed, because we just never let it progress."

Dec. 21:
Saban: "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach. ... I don't control what people say. I don't control what people put on dot-com or anything else. So I'm just telling you there's no significance, in my opinion, about this, about me, about any interest that I have in anything other than being the coach here."

Dec. 27:
Saban: "I'm just making a rule to never comment on something like that again because every time you comment on it, it just makes for another story. So I'm not going to comment on it five years from now, and I'm not going to comment on it next week."

Jan. 4:
Saban: "What I realized in the last two years is that we love college coaching because of the ability that it gives you to affect people, young people. ... If I knew that my heart was someplace else in what I wanted to do, I don't think it would be fair to the [Dolphins] organization if I stayed."

You mean Bama went all the way to January 4th without a coach? Dang....how many years did it take them to recover from the recruiting hit?

Reactions: 2 people
Gundy, Strong, and Fisher all three targets...

THEN, people come and out say "No Fisher."

Strong interviews, says it went well....and then comes out and says "I'm staying at Louisville" to a recruit. No Strong.

Gundy isn't going to leave Oklahoma State.

It's becoming more and more obvious that these are looking like "smokescreens."

Anyone else agree?

Plus....
I have rhetorical questions pointing out flaws I see in each candidate.

Strong:

Has the rep as a great recruiter but where are the results at Louisville?

What's up with the results on the field? Nearly losing to Southern Miss..c 'mon.

Can he go head to head with Richt, Jimbo and Muschamp and pull the top end recruits from Florida and Georgia?

The guy is from Arkansas, why are they not all over him?

Fisher:

Is he doing less with more talent than any coach since Phil Fulmer?

Can he replicate the recruiting success he has been having at FSU?

Is this a ploy by Sexton to squeeze more money from the UT cash cow for his clients, either directly or by leveraging FSU?

For an offensive coach, his results under LSU were solid more than spectacular. Between 26 and 33 ppg. More of the same at FSU. Is he falling behind the times with today's spread offenses putting up video game numbers?

When you think solid fundamental quarterback development, do Rohan Davey and Jamarcus Russell come to mind?

Gundy:

See the Sexton angle under Fisher.

How does he do with shoring up the defense?

How well does he recruit a new area?

If he isn't happy at his alma mater being one of the highest paid coaches in the country( number 11), how is he going to be happy here? He's not gonna get paid 4 million a year plus to talk about five year rebuilding projects, bamboo, and showering etiquette.

Iowa State last year? Troy in 2007? Houston in 2006 and 2009? The guy has some ugly losses on the resume.

This hits it on the head for me. We're going to go from a Super Bowl winning Head Coach to THAT?

Sorry, but I just don't see it or understand it.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes

I am real curious how the screen can be kept up for a few more weeks.

Plus....

This hits it on the head for me. We're going to go from a Super Bowl winning Head Coach to THAT?

Sorry, but I just don't see it or understand it.

the only reason we would ever have a chance at that SB winning coach is because of long ties to the program. not saying that we shouldnt be aiming higher than Strong or Gundy, though.

Yes

That's the only thought I have, is how are they going to keep this up for another 2-3 weeks?

I'm sure that they will latch on to one of these candidates, and string him out a little bit.

Or next we'll start hearing Swinney, Pelini, Bielema having interviews.

Yes

It's going to take some creativity.

Dooley losing to Vandy really did screw things up... accelerated the firing and now we're stuck in no man's land.

If Gruden is the guy... and we can't hire him until mid-late December... its going to make for a very interesting couple of weeks after all the current crop of names are proven to be off the board.

the only reason we would ever have a chance at that SB winning coach is because of long ties to the program. not saying that we shouldnt be aiming higher than Strong or Gundy, though.

Well, that's what I'm saying.

It feels like there is a tier that is completely missing.

Gruden....

Tier B...(Proven College HC's, NFL Coordinators)

Tier C - Up and Coming HC's

Tier D - Up and Coming Coordinators

Tier E - Dooley

It's going to take some creativity.

Dooley losing to Vandy really did screw things up... accelerated the firing and now we're stuck in no man's land.

If Gruden is the guy... and we can't hire him until mid-late December... its going to make for a very interesting couple of weeks after all the current crop of names are proven to be off the board.
if a coach isnt hired by sunday, the Gruden speculation will blow up x10. what can Hart do? interview 10 more coaches? no way.

VN Store

Back