Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess that hiring/firing decisions left in the HC's hands could get expensive. Then there's the issue with NCAA compliance and the dreaded "lack of institutional control" (especially while were still on probation). There just has to be some AD oversight to what a college HC does

The guy mentored under Holmgren. If he isn't another Walshonian control-freak, I don't know what is.

Don't take that as gospel.

Every time I hear something and repeat it here, almost instantly, someone credible says the exact opposite. Then I question myself. Lol

I'm in belief that everything that we have all come to know as source news has become a conglomeration of information from many angles. And quite frankly, I believe a lot of it has merit...it's just a case of progression within the timeline of events that have taken place since it all began. Unless someone knows one of the very few people in the top of the pyramid, it's 2nd 3rd and 4th hand info at best.

All I can do is provide information that I am told and wait for the next sequence of events to go down.

Even my friend that works within the Haslam organization is getting info from within his workforce's grapevine. Jimmy suggested to him to not even ask about football anymore.

I believe the Gruden deal will be alive until it is officially dead.

:) I will say this. If Hart has done, and is doing, what I think he is, then HATS OFF.

Seriously

:hi:

I'll give you what I have as of 10:32am EST this morning, which was when I heard back from the same close friend by email (I'm out of town currently) who also originally told me about the initial terms/offerings to Gruden around the Alabama and Mizzou games--information that I passed on then and information that has been corroborated since by others.

I emailed him last night asking what to make of this apparently new turn of events regarding most everyone now reporting that Hart has moved on and Gruden is out of the picture.

His response was short but hopefully telling:

"UT has played this perfectly. Even down to interviewing other candidates and putting blatant information out to the media. No need to worry. Everything is still as it should be. Gruden will be the replacement. No timeframe on announcement. I hesitate to say anything is 100% but it would take an extremely large act to mess this up. And if that happens, no way Hart will be able to stay in his current position considering the legwork and extremes that people above him have done to make this happen."

FWIW, he has made it clear he is not a Hart fan previously but still has confidence that even he could not mess this up.

Thanks for the info. Why would UT need to "play" anything or anyone?

If that's true give me like an hour and il ask my buddy if his dad has heard anything. His dad is the seargent who is in charge of the motorcycle division of the kpd

Please do, would confirm it for me since one of the guys is a Motorcycle cop.

I would guess that hiring/firing decisions left in the HC's hands could get expensive. Then there's the issue with NCAA compliance and the dreaded "lack of institutional control" (especially while were still on probation). There just has to be some AD oversight to what a college HC does

Makes sense just worry it could be a biggest kid on the block scenario

I totally agree and could add several more that have been rumored as options

I still think its Gruden. Aint popular, but I still think its him.

I think the Gruden boat has sailed. I admit it was more of a chance than I had thought before but I think Strong, Davis, and Fedorra are next on our list in that order.

I'll say it again:
Pay. Attention.

The signs are there for those that have any sort of analytical skills.
IMO it's getting easier to sort out the real from the smoke.

And don't ask me to elaborate.

Reactions: 2 people
I know a couple, not really friends. One of the ladies in my office has two sons that are cops and she was talking about it when she came back from lunch with one of her sons that is a UTPD officer of many years.

I love the lady in your office, and her sons, and you Mr Carter!! :)

It must be hard for Wes to even sit down most days....

wesrucker247 No. This stupid football search wins again. RT @allisonmholt: @wesrucker247 Are you coming to D.C. to cover the game?

wesrucker247 At least one TN fan will post at least once every day about a football coach presser until someone is right. I love my life.

wesrucker247 Happy Holidays! RT @_spikey: @wesrucker247 If you hate Vols fans so much, go find another job.. We are sick of your condescending comments.

wesrucker247 Happy Holidays! RT @martyturner2: @wesrucker247 Quit your job then. We are UT fans. There are hundreds of thousands of us. Get it smart***?

wesrucker247 Naw. RT @WillieKeith8: @wesrucker247 in all honesty, Wes, it probably is ill advised to constantly complain about your job via Twitter.

wesrucker247 Sarcasm detection lessons will come sometime after the Vols hire a football coach. Worry ye not.

Reactions: 1 person
The extra security isn't for today. It is only in the planning stages. I know that as 100% fact. This is most likely not happening this week. I'm still thinking the top blows off soon and the presser will be next week sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back