Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey after reading through the cliff notes can someone explain to me why Gruden wouldnt want total control over football decisions? So we supposed to leave them up to Hart and Cheek? Dont get it?

That last post in Cliff notes rings somewhat true. Have heard from a couple local police officers that have said they have had meetings about a "high profile" coach coming and procedure planning for the press conference and security for their home, etc...

If that's true give me like an hour and il ask my buddy if his dad has heard anything. His dad is the seargent who is in charge of the motorcycle division of the kpd

Scary Thought: What if it's not Gruden and it's a coach whose team is playing this weekend...in the ACC Championship...not Jimbo...Paul Johnson???? There goes my lunch...

Cool. Will you dictate the entire book for me so I can read it on here? jk:)

I posted some of the excerpts in another thread from his experience at UT. He drove eight-hours down here from Dayton to Knoxville. Was in awe when he saw Neyland and saw the championship atmosphere right after UT won the Sugar Bowl. He talked a lot about how he was groomed by Walt Harris on the offense and then was hired again by him at Pacific. He would sit in Stokley all day splicing film, doing errands for coaches -- picking up kids, driving to the airport, babysitting. He always referred to the wetball drill that Majors did. He hated recruiting as did Harris. He was little Harris because they both lived in the film room. Jack Sells, another GA was little Zook because of recruiting. It's also comical to revisit it because of the Xerox scandal. He'd sit in the press box writing on sticky notes and giving them to Walt for play call suggestions. A few of them were called. He was extremely grateful for his chance here. Some other tidbits -- he didn't know what veer and loop blocking was, so Fulmer explained it to him;Cindy Gruden dated Johnny Majors son before him.

He didn't really even experience Knoxville or have much of a social life, he was more a film room recluse than anything. I know some people mentioned Notre Dame loyalties before, and he loved the place as a kid, but after Gerry Fouts fired his dad, he rooted for them to lose. Also, he loves Tampa. His dad was a scout for the Bucs and later on he would spend vacations there with his family. (Obviously before he was traded there)

I've also seen Cindy Gruden referencing her desire to leave Knoxville. It was "scary quiet" there.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty much. And the fact that he had posted the same thing every page for like 3 or 4 pages.

Ok. See, I didn't notice the previous occasions where he posted. I was just like
Boy-That-Escalated-Quickly-Anchorman.gif

Hey after reading through the cliff notes can someone explain to me why Gruden wouldnt want total control over football decisions? So we supposed to leave them up to Hart and Cheek? Dont get it?

I would guess that hiring/firing decisions left in the HC's hands could get expensive. Then there's the issue with NCAA compliance and the dreaded "lack of institutional control" (especially while were still on probation). There just has to be some AD oversight to what a college HC does

Here's what I've been able to gather today from the couple of people I know. There is still an announce expected tomorrow afternoon/evening. Source close to mega booster still believes it is to announce Gruden tifwiw I'm just passing it along. Personally I've been hearing a lot of contradicting stuff from different people. I fully believe there will be an announcement tomorrow and I expect the Gruden stuff to end tomorrow one way or the other. I think Hart realizes that if it isn't Gruden he needs to make an announcement and let it sink in with the fans for any other hire to have a chance it is accepted. Let us hope the announcement is that we got Gruden!! GBO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back