Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That last post in Cliff notes rings somewhat true. Have heard from a couple local police officers that have said they have had meetings about a "high profile" coach coming and procedure planning for the press conference and security for their home, etc...

Woo Hoo! That's good news. Thanks Carter.

Do you guys/gals think the hire is being held up because Hart didn't stroke the G-Man's ego enough?

And would there be anything us as a fan base could do to pick up the slack?

Occupy Campus for Gruden?

U-Tea Party for Gruden?

Paint the Rock everyday with a new Gruden image?

Hell throw in a parade and make a statewide Gruden is God holiday. IF he is "the man" then shouldn't we be doing all we can to get him? Or do fan's opinions even matter in this type thing?

I'll give you what I have as of 10:32am EST this morning, which was when I heard back from the same close friend by email (I'm out of town currently) who also originally told me about the initial terms/offerings to Gruden around the Alabama and Mizzou games--information that I passed on then and information that has been corroborated since by others.

I emailed him last night asking what to make of this apparently new turn of events regarding most everyone now reporting that Hart has moved on and Gruden is out of the picture.

His response was short but hopefully telling:

"UT has played this perfectly. Even down to interviewing other candidates and putting blatant information out to the media. No need to worry. Everything is still as it should be. Gruden will be the replacement. No timeframe on announcement. I hesitate to say anything is 100% but it would take an extremely large act to mess this up. And if that happens, no way Hart will be able to stay in his current position considering the legwork and extremes that people above him have done to make this happen."

FWIW, he has made it clear he is not a Hart fan previously but still has confidence that even he could not mess this up.

Good to hear. And if it is true that the boosters (including Manning) threw in millions and changes were made to the academic issues all to set this deal up and then it fails, Hart would have to dig a tunnel to get safely out of town. Between those money interests and then the fanbase, Hart would stand no chance no matter what the explanation was of failure.

That last post in Cliff notes rings somewhat true. Have heard from a couple local police officers that have said they have had meetings about a "high profile" coach coming and procedure planning for the press conference and security for their home, etc...

well - golden and fedora certainly don't fit that description :loco::popcorn:

That's not very encouraging. I appreciate your response. Now, if you will excuse me, I have a punching bag in the garage.

Don't take that as gospel.

Every time I hear something and repeat it here, almost instantly, someone credible says the exact opposite. Then I question myself. Lol

I'm in belief that everything that we have all come to know as source news has become a conglomeration of information from many angles. And quite frankly, I believe a lot of it has merit...it's just a case of progression within the timeline of events that have taken place since it all began. Unless someone knows one of the very few people in the top of the pyramid, it's 2nd 3rd and 4th hand info at best.

All I can do is provide information that I am told and wait for the next sequence of events to go down.

Even my friend that works within the Haslam organization is getting info from within his workforce's grapevine. Jimmy suggested to him to not even ask about football anymore.

I believe the Gruden deal will be alive until it is officially dead.

That's straight from TOS. Info has been out there for awhile now.

At the risk of asking the obvious, it is possible that the media room is always set up for a press conference because it is, after all, the media room? Or do they clear everything out and play shuffleboard in there when they're not using it?

Bonus question: who is behind "VolRumorMill"? VolReporter? Linda Bensel-Myers? A freshman ag major? Anyone know?

May be getting ready for a riot with pitch forks when it's not Gruden.

you friends with cops?

I have carefully reviewed all sources of information on VN and have determined that we will be unable to find an interested coaching candidate for 2013.:rolleyes::crazy:

Reactions: 1 person

Bro...you should be a detective because you are damn good at it!!

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back