Official Jon Gruden Thread XII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like an Addict right now. I have today off and I could be on my xbox Playing Borderlands 2 or Dishonored but I'm here lapping up all the Grumours I can...

Shut the blinds, take the phone off the hook, grab a straw, and breath in some beautiful, Grade-A Grumors.

Anyone have a clue who Channel 3's source is? It has to be something concrete for them to report it as Gruden had contract in hand as a fact.

So Hubbs said that there are rumors out there, portions of which may be true and other parts that are false. Who is his source for this critical information?

Hubbs can learn a thing or two from that Haskew guy in Chattanooga, who makes straightforward statements in all caps.

Reactions: 1 person
Going back to a prior rumor that Hart was going to New York next week to conduct interviews. A couple of questions that keep bothering me:

1. Why New York? If it was a bank merger Hart was negotiating, I'd understand it. But the location makes no other sense.
2. Why make the candidates come to you and be paraded in and out one right after another? This is a courtship process, not a corporate hiring process. No candidate we want would be anything less than insulted to be forced thru that dog and pony show.
3. Why wait and why so structured?

Bottom line - this one may be the most ridiculous rumor of them all or as some have suggested, an intentional part of the smokescreen.

Coaching Conference is in NY.

Reactions: 1 person
Going back to a prior rumor that Hart was going to New York next week to conduct interviews. A couple of questions that keep bothering me:

1. Why New York? If it was a bank merger Hart was negotiating, I'd understand it. But the location makes no other sense.
2. Why make the candidates come to you and be paraded in and out one right after another? This is a courtship process, not a corporate hiring process. No candidate we want would be anything less than insulted to be forced thru that dog and pony show.

Bottom line - this one may be the most ridiculous rumor of them all or as some have suggested, an intentional part of the smokescreen.

Coaches are there for meetings. Would be there regardless of interviews. I also think that whole story is bs. I believe Hart already has his guy.

Coaches convention in NYC.

Meltdown on 990... Caller calling them out for hypocritically calling for Memphis TV station to have its license pulled for reporting "crazy rumor"... LOL

I cannot get into the details at this time, so people asking me will be disappointed and possibly even angered... I'm only sharing this so that this place doesn't have a complete meltdown today after last night. I have yet to comment on anything Gruden, but I am choosing to break my silence and say that it is no coincidence that last night's story broke in Memphis...

I cannot get into the details yet due to work conflicts, but if you connect the dots and think about the situation you should be able to begin to figure it out.

Hint: A certain super coaching agent may or may not live and work in Memphis...

Hint: This super coaching agent may or may not represent other candidates not named John Gruden who are interested in the Tennessee job...

Hint: This super agent may or may not have leaked this story to the same news station the Lane Kiffin news broke on hoping it would put pressure on Hart and Gruden to make this decision one way or the other sooner and more public than previously anticipated.

I will not get into details on anything further, but I will say we still have a good chance as of this am at 8 am cst of landing John Gruden to be our head football coach next season. If something changes I will let you know... You can either make fun that I found it humorous to put Bucksnort as my hometown or believe what I'm saying it makes no difference to me, just sharing a little snippet of what I'm allowed to say at this time.

Reactions: 9 people
The Mike and mike show is recorded in the ESPN television studios near 42nd street/Time Square. Jon Gruden was on the M&M show this am. Plus there are about 30 hotels in that area where you can have a conference room set up to interview and talk.
You do have to actually hire the guy, and do a formal meeting.

Anyone have a clue who Channel 3's source is? It has to be something concrete for them to report it as Gruden had contract in hand as a fact.

I would be surprised if they weren't passed the info from someone with some type of pull who has something to gain. Either a slow leak to build anticipation from UT's side or grudens's side trying to get other to raise their bid. Doubt they would risk just running that from an internet rumor.

I cannot get into the details at this time, so people asking me will be disappointed and possibly even angered... I'm only sharing this so that this place doesn't have a complete meltdown today after last night. I have yet to comment on anything Gruden, but I am choosing to break my silence and say that it is no coincidence that last night's story broke in Memphis...

I cannot get into the details yet due to work conflicts, but if you connect the dots and think about the situation you should be able to begin to figure it out.

Hint: A certain super coaching agent may or may not live and work in Memphis...

Hint: This super coaching agent may or may not represent other candidates not named John Gruden who are interested in the Tennessee job...

Hint: This super agent may or may not have leaked this story to the same news station the Lane Kiffin news broke on hoping it would put pressure on Hart and Gruden to make this decision one way or the other sooner and more public than previously anticipated.

I will not get into details on anything further, but I will say we still have a good chance as of this am at 8 am cst of landing John Gruden to be our head football coach next season. If something changes I will let you know... You can either make fun that I found it humorous to put Bucksnort as my hometown or believe what I'm saying it makes no difference to me, just sharing a little snippet of what I'm allowed to say at this time.

Good read. thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back