Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seriously comparing Bray to some of the hardest working and best qbs of the game? Bray is more like Ryan Leaf than any of those. Keep thinking that playing QB allows you to be emotional in the huddle. If anything you have to be even keel ON THE FIELD. Headcases at QB are never successful for very long. Right now, he's relying on talent.

I stated facts about them. I watch them blow up on people all the time. I don't know how hard Bray works. Who knows if he's a real headcase. People are just speculating.

Are you seriously comparing Bray to some of the hardest working and best qbs of the game? Bray is more like Ryan Leaf than any of those. Keep thinking that playing QB allows you to be emotional in the huddle. If anything you have to be even keel ON THE FIELD. Headcases at QB are never successful for very long. Right now, he's relying on talent.

I've never seen Manning or Brady show up their coach or pout on the sidelines. Especially after staring at Vandy's sidelines for 15 seconds. There is a difference between being a competitor and being immature.

FTR, I like Tyler.

Last edited:
I'm not the leader. I didn't believe it until I received information that gave me no alternative but to change my tune. No other names are being mentioned because this has been done for a while. I can confirm that Gruden, Graham, Pittman, R. Morris, and Bisaccia will be coaching at UT next year.

Now, that is what I call a powerful, line-in-the-sand, no-retreat stance. Let me add my voice to those fervently hoping that your prophecy comes to pass.

Wonder what our record would be with Worley at QB. That's the question since people think he's going to handle these defenses better than Bray.

Bray played bad in two games. Vandy and Bama were the only two. Miss. State he didn't have the ball a lot. And the UGA game he had some misses but hell what QB is perfect. The Florida game 84 and 11 let him down with some big drops. I think 11 has let Bray down all year personally. Bray is a tempermental player and I like fireball players as I call them. I think Jon Gruden could get the best out of him.

The OC is a major problem to me. He could've ran the ball all drive up the middle versus Vandy. Instead he forces his QB to throw against Check 2 Man press all game. He's a terrible playcaller. Fulmer or Kiffin's teams would have just lined up and punished Vandy all game until they brought a safety down. But no we have to air them out because of this Fooley and Dumb Chaney act like they don't have common sense.
Agreed. Without Bray, we very likely do not beat NC State or Troy and even compete in any of the other close games.

Also agreed than Chaney is a much bigger issue than Bray. He just doesn't seem to get the fact that we can pretty much run up the middle whenever we want.

I've never seen Manning or Brady show up their coach or pout on the sidelines. Especially after staring at Vandy's sidelines for 15 seconds. Their is a difference between being a competitor and being immature.

FTR, I like Tyler.

A good coach would've reeled Bray in a while back. That's the big problem here not Bray. You as a coach knew Bray was like this after he did the throat slash against North Carolina.

In order to take your game to the next level you have to mentally master the game. Thus far, Bray hasn't done that. At some point, people are going to have to take off the diaper and let him be responsible for his actions. QBs who get it don't get in trouble for playing 'golf' into people's windshields in their JUNIOR yr. QBs who get it don't have rumors of flipping off fans. QBs who get it don't have rumors of them spraying fans with a water bottle. They lead their teams to victory and celebrate after the game and do their talking after.

Bray has to get more mentally tough. Blame Chaney all you want but the guy has called plays in the toughest conference in football with a mental midget at QB and has statistically done it very well. Has anyone ever thought that

I stated facts about them. I watch them blow up on people all the time. I don't know how hard Bray works. Who knows if he's a real headcase. People are just speculating.

Chile plz. Any casual observer can see Bray isn't there all the time. When things don't go his way he folds like a cheap lawn chair.

I've never seen Manning or Brady show up their coach or pout on the sidelines. Especially after staring at Vandy's sidelines for 15 seconds. Their is a difference between being a competitor and being immature.

FTR, I like Tyler.

FTR, I like Tyler as a QB as well. I just find it comical that we (VOL fans) have on the Orange shades at times when some things are apparent. He lacks maturity and has show it on several occasions. Whether it's on Twitter, the sidelines or in the huddle, he just doesn't do things that leaders do. And, whether we like it or not the QB on successful teams has to be a leader.

Now Bray is a mental midget. Okay so when he plays great I guess he's dumb too. He shouldn't even be throwing in half these situations but it's on him at all times.

Let's just play Worley and Simms for you guys. Win with that combo.....

I would say a better comparison is Phillip Rivers - picking the abject failure and not recognizing that players with his temperament have had success doesnt help your argument

Reactions: 1 person
Chile plz. Any casual observer can see Bray isn't there all the time. When things don't go his way he folds like a cheap lawn chair.

But Chaney doesn't huh??? Excuses for Chaney are ridiculous. Put him behind and he'll chuck it around no matter what. He's ridiculous and predictable.

Now Bray is a mental midget. Okay so when he plays great I guess he's dumb too. He shouldn't even be throwing in half these situations but it's on him at all times.

Let's just play Worley and Simms for you guys. Win with that combo.....

So you have to be smart to be talented now? He's done several things at UT that have drawn public ire. Face facts man. You want to blame Chaney for putting Bray in the positions to be successful when things aren't going successful but when things are going great then Chaney isn't the reason?. Against good competition he just doesn't show up just like JH11.

Chaney is an awful play caller... no learned football observer could argue to the contrary.

For all the apologists that point to the gaudy numbers that the offense has put up this season, I suggest to you that a blind man could put up similar numbers with the talent on this team.

Yeah Bray is a major reason in all of our losses. GTFOH

Bray doesn't have any freedom at the LOS. He can't audible or checkdown.

Its impossible not to question if it is DD call on that... but Chaney (like him or not) has been around some great QBs.

I wonder who's call that really was.

Chaney is an awful play caller... no learned football observer could argue to the contrary.

For all the apologists that point to the gaudy numbers that the offense has put up this season, I suggest to you that a blind man could put up similar numbers with the talent on this team.

That's a dumb statement. Chaney is obviously not AWFUL. If we had half of a defense we might could sneak into to a bcs bowl this year. Bc I say we beat uga and usc.

I've never seen Manning or Brady show up their coach or pout on the sidelines. Especially after staring at Vandy's sidelines for 15 seconds. There is a difference between being a competitor and being immature.

FTR, I like Tyler.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUlrCH6gLQw[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wYcMnxkc0o[/youtube]

Fire from manning.

Heated discussion between Brady and Bill O.

You have no clue what you are talking about. You are just trying to pick at anything to prove he is not a good Qb.

Reactions: 1 person
So you have to be smart to be talented now? He's done several things at UT that have drawn public ire. Face facts man. You want to blame Chaney for putting Bray in the positions to be successful when things aren't going successful but when things are going great then Chaney isn't the reason?. Against good competition he just doesn't show up just like JH11.

Hahahaha okay JH11 dropping his passes goes against Bray huh? What game didn't he show up for though. Chaney got killed in the Florida and Bama games. Vandy is whatever to me. That game should've been won on the ground. The UGA game his late pick was the right read just a bad throw. The Florida game he had throws that were bad and he had throws that should've resulted in huge plays.

Chaney's playcalling was terrible week 1. He's a major problem and I'm glad we're shipping him out.

I would say a better comparison is Phillip Rivers - picking the abject failure and not recognizing that players with his temperament have had success doesnt help your argument

How many championships has Phillip won? In fact, he chokes in big games too. LaDanian Tomlinson says that the reason they didn't win the championship in SD was on Rivers and management.

Rivers isn't a good example;however, because he doesn't sit on the sideline and pout. He has an attitude and always tries to fight back. There have been games where Bray has looked like he has given up. Shall I name them?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back