Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't followed all of this super closely, but this is a change in tune for you, isn't it? I thought you were a doubter before.

I've been a doubter all of this time, but I'm finding fewer and fewer reasons to doubt. There is a whole lot of smoke around this and too many media sources are fanning these flames...

This feels different than the Randy Shannon rumors. Very different.

Yea it is, I am late too the party. But I am not privy to much info since David doesn't like to talk.

Only thing I heard early on was Peyton's contribution.

If the Gruden thing happens does anybody think there's a chance he may want to run the Oregon type offense that he's been rumored to have been studying? If so, surely Chaney wouldn't be here. I would think the spread would be unlikely but it would be interesting for sure

He is just watching film for our first game. Duh.

Starting to hear more reports that TN is going hard after Gruden and their are some sources that are trying to see if Stoops is interested...

Sources: VQ and 247 Sports...TIFWIW

Starting to feel hopeful....

Wonder what our record would be with Worley at QB. That's the question since people think he's going to handle these defenses better than Bray.

Bray played bad in two games. Vandy and Bama were the only two. Miss. State he didn't have the ball a lot. And the UGA game he had some misses but hell what QB is perfect. The Florida game 84 and 11 let him down with some big drops. I think 11 has let Bray down all year personally. Bray is a tempermental player and I like fireball players as I call them. I think Jon Gruden could get the best out of him.

The OC is a major problem to me. He could've ran the ball all drive up the middle versus Vandy. Instead he forces his QB to throw against Check 2 Man press all game. He's a terrible playcaller. Fulmer or Kiffin's teams would have just lined up and punished Vandy all game until they brought a safety down. But no we have to air them out because of this Fooley and Dumb Chaney act like they don't have common sense.

Reactions: 2 people
Wonder what our record would be with Worley at QB. That's the question since people think he's going to handle these defenses better than Bray.

Bray played bad in two games. Vandy and Bama were the only two. Miss. State he didn't have the ball a lot. And the UGA game he had some misses but hell what QB is perfect. The Florida game 84 and 11 let him down with some big drops. I think 11 has let Bray down all year personally. Bray is a tempermental player and I like fireball players as I call them. I think Jon Gruden could get the best out of him.

The OC is a major problem to me. He could've ran the ball all drive up the middle versus Vandy. Instead he forces his QB to throw against Check 2 Man press all game. He's a terrible playcaller. Fulmer or Kiffin's teams would have just lined up and punished Vandy all game until they brought a safety down. But no we have to air them out because of this Fooley and Dumb Chaney act like they don't have common sense.

I agree 100%. Lane was ripping off 8+ yards a carry, but Chaney calls a game like a 5th grader playing Madden.

Fulmer and kiffin teams also had NFL talent at RB. We had a banged up Rajion Neal and Lane who has always been hesitant to really show 100% of his ability because he doesn't trust his knee.

We average 36 points per game..Chaney has done a fine job this year.

Reactions: 1 person

The Vandy game was easily Chaney's worst. 40 passes vs. 31 rushes when Bray was playing terrible and our RBs were eating Vandy's D up. Not to mention ZRo and Rivera each only catching one pass when the middle of the field was wide open.

People look at the stats Chaney is putting up but his offensive playcalling has no flow to it. Nor does it really have a true identity. In tight pressure situations he always makes bad calls. And Doofus never told him we're not running that. Bama never lines up in the wildcat if they are punishing a team with the I-Formation. To many risks with the wildcat snaps when you can just snap the ball and hand it off for 7-8 yards. Just crazy to me.

You can't have the leader of your team being tempermental. They are the face of your franchise. It's the reason Cam is having issues in Charlotte. It's not like any other position so stop treating it as such.

Fulmer and kiffin teams also had NFL talent at RB. We had a banged up Rajion Neal and Lane who has always been hesitant to really show 100% of his ability because he doesn't trust his knee.

Nice stats......Lane was still gashing Vandy when given the ball so what's the excuse for Chaney now? He called plays for Rivera versus Mizzou but against Vandy he goes away from it and they were running 2 high safeties all game. His playcalling is a major problem man. 3rd and 2s we call a pass play when our running game has been getting 2-3 yards against anybody all year. He's hilarious......

I agree 100%. Lane was ripping off 8+ yards a carry, but Chaney calls a game like a 5th grader playing Madden.

Florida rarely had more than one LB in the game in the second half. They doubled Hunter and CP anticipating that Chaney and Bray would be stubborn enough to throw it anyway instead of taking what was being given. Vandy cut and pasted the second half Florida strategy knowing we wouldn't be patient enough to stick with the run.

You can't have the leader of your team being tempermental. They are the face of your franchise. It's the reason Cam is having issues in Charlotte. It's not like any other position so stop treating it as such.

Yeah Tom Brady isn't tempermental at all on the sideline. Nor is Peyton Manning. How about I give you a calm cool Matt Simms......

I like what Lane has showed the last couple of games. I'm excited about him next year. He is finally hitting the hole with minimal backfield moves (as a slasher you will have to live with some of these)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

OrangeZone_365 ‏@OrangeZone_365
Chris Low on Finebaum "(Gruden) told people he believes he can win at TN. He is a rockstar, every prospect will want to come to TN"

Reactions: 2 people
Brays numbers from the 5 losses before Missouri show average at best performance. 247 ypg 54% completion percentage and 10 td 9 int. Sure they were against some of the best competition but if there are 8 NFL guys on this offense your qb has to be better than average. Now before you say its a bad game that skews the stats it is quite the opposite. USC game stat wise was one of his better games throughout the year.

Game by game
Uf 22-44 257 2td 2int
UGA 24-45 281 2td 3int
BAMA 13-27 184 2int
MSU 13-24 148 2 td 1int
USC 27-43 368 4td 1int

stats don't tell the whole story - he played well against MSU and GA (the last int was trash time)

he played excellent against USC, one of the best defenses in the country

he played excellent against MO - the other more quality team in SEC play

he played excellent against NC state - the quality ooc game

he didnt play well against bama - but neither have many other offenses

and he played ok against florida - not great, but the WR drops on critical downs and defense giving up big plays were the issue, not Bray

Yeah Tom Brady isn't tempermental at all on the sideline. Nor is Peyton Manning. How about I give you a calm cool Matt Simms......

Are you seriously comparing Bray to some of the hardest working and best qbs of the game? Bray is more like Ryan Leaf than any of those. Keep thinking that playing QB allows you to be emotional in the huddle. If anything you have to be even keel ON THE FIELD. Headcases at QB are never successful for very long. Right now, he's relying on talent.

Florida rarely had more than one LB in the game in the second half. They doubled Hunter and CP anticipating that Chaney and Bray would be stubborn enough to throw it anyway instead of taking what was being given. Vandy cut and pasted the second half Florida strategy knowing we wouldn't be patient enough to stick with the run.

With our OL vs. Vandy's front 7 we should have rushed for over 250 yds or at least until they brought their safeties down into the box. You are right about Chaney though, he is determined to try to make his gimmick playcalling work and it's evident in games like Vandy. He panics and starts throwing on 1st and 2nd down as soon as we get behind instead of staying within the gameplan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back