Official Jon Gruden Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
People with talent like that often exude natural confidence, sometimes "arrogance" because of their talent. DaRick was the same way. Confidence can come straight from pure talent.

Depends on the personality. Also you are describing elite freakish talent levels. Our d doesn't have that IMO

Of Tennessee's 17 commitments, guess how many hold offers from Alabama? If you guessed zero you would be correct. Camion Patrick’s (who is not a part of this evaluation) Rivals profile shows an offer from Alabama though I doubt that it is committable. Alabama has tried to get involved with Tennessee commitment Austin Sanders but Sanders will have none of it.

LWS on TOS said he believes big money is on the table for the next coach...if they can get the right big name coach to come for that money. IE they won't just throw big money at anyone. He thinks they will aim for someone much higher than an assistant coach (Smart).

He said he never thought in the past TN would do this, but it finally seems everyone is on board with this. He said he expects a new football coach in 2013 and we are ready to pay to get a big time coach.

Boom?

Wow. I would love to see the list of coaches they have in mind.

My hopes have diminished significantly.

My hopes diminished by 42.368% from the original 96.892%. But, with each day the true percentage fluctuates between another 3% loss to an 11.338% gain.

So, overall, still hopeful, but losing hope a little at a time. :blink:

Of Tennessee's 17 commitments, guess how many hold offers from Alabama? If you guessed zero you would be correct. Camion Patrick’s (who is not a part of this evaluation) Rivals profile shows an offer from Alabama though I doubt that it is committable. Alabama has tried to get involved with Tennessee commitment Austin Sanders but Sanders will have none of it.

I think Miles, JRM, and Carr could compete for pt at Bama, everyone else not a chance, except Sanders.

You're right, but if i'm not mistaken, you said that confidence and intensity can't come from just talent alone, I disagree with that.

I would say that it's much easier for that to be the case for an individual. I am discussing our defense as a hole. But point taken!

I dont want anyone to think I am backtracking. I am not.

I believe gruden will still be UTs next coach.

Saying it was a "done deal" in the true sense was a mistake.

I hope that makes sense. I am trying to appease the super literal.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I missed this post last night, and got up to find it this morning

BOOM< What a way to start the day!!!! :rock:

Who would you consider another big name?

If they're a big name, they're already at a top program for the most part outside of Chris Petersen and Gary Patterson. Unless you think we could get someone like Bob Stoops which I have my doubts about that. When you hear names like Stoops or even Richt potentially being fired, I think of them as having done less with more anyways. Oklahoma has a pipeline to Texas and Georgia produces a ton of top prospects. I wouldn't be opposed to getting someone like Pat Fitzgerald or Dan Mullen given their age and how they've built Northwestern and Miss St. With Tennessee's resources, I think they could accomplish quite a bit. They've done more with less.

I think you have to call Petersen and Patterson next if Gruden turns us down. I don't know why you wouldn't. Mora also has UCLA at 7-2 in his first year so he could be an interesting candidate.

I'm sure some people would be disappointed with some of the guys I mentioned but just about all of the top proven coaches are set where they're currently at.

Just curious what other big names there are after Gruden.

Im not sure if Stoops is an option, but I have read several places that Stoops isnt happy at OU. If thats true I can definitely see him making a move back to the SEC. Guess we will see, I'm just glad the higher ups realize big money has to be paid to be successful. Would love to see the names on that list if Gruden doesnt accept it.

Actually isn't rated at all on rivals... and no picture

I obtained Dooley's source of super-secret talent evaluation rubric he uses to determine who to offer a scholarship to.

Let's consult it and see what it says........

60+fleer+fb+wrapper+football+card+gallery.jpg

If they're a big name, they're already at a top program for the most part outside of Chris Petersen and Gary Patterson. Unless you think we could get someone like Bob Stoops which I have my doubts about that. When you hear names like Stoops or even Richt potentially being fired, I think of them as having done less with more anyways. Oklahoma has a pipeline to Texas and Georgia produces a ton of top prospects. I wouldn't be opposed to getting someone like Pat Fitzgerald or Dan Mullen given their age and how they've built Northwestern and Miss St. With Tennessee's resources, I think they could accomplish quite a bit. They've done more with less.

I think you have to call Petersen and Patterson next if Gruden turns us down. I don't know why you wouldn't. Mora also has UCLA at 7-2 in his first year so he could be an interesting candidate.

I'm sure some people would be disappointed with some of the guys I mentioned but just about all of the top proven coaches are set where they're currently at.

you would have to think they are going to throw some pretty ridiculous money at Patterson. someone said he already makes 3mil/year. he isnt even going to sniff a NC where he is at. i am hoping that Brown is safe at Texas.

Reactions: 1 person
So there's no way in hell Tennessee throws big money at a coach, nowwwwwww its on the table. Sounds like what Boro, Jay and the funky bunch has been saying all along. Larry has been a solid poster but he flip flops and its all good, Boro, Jay and DTO have been holding strong on this the whole time and get ripped. Yep makes sense :unsure:

This +1000

If they're a big name, they're already at a top program for the most part outside of Chris Petersen and Gary Patterson
. Unless you think we could get someone like Bob Stoops which I have my doubts about that. When you hear names like Stoops or even Richt potentially being fired, I think of them as having done less with more anyways. Oklahoma has a pipeline to Texas and Georgia produces a ton of top prospects. I wouldn't be opposed to getting someone like Pat Fitzgerald or Dan Mullen given their age and how they've built Northwestern and Miss St. With Tennessee's resources, I think they could accomplish quite a bit. They've done more with less.

Chip Kelly? We can dream, right?

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back