Official Jon Gruden Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
LWS on TOS said he believes big money is on the table for the next coach...if they can get the right big name coach to come for that money. IE they won't just throw big money at anyone. He thinks they will aim for someone much higher than an assistant coach (Smart).

He said he never thought in the past TN would do this, but it finally seems everyone is on board with this. He said he expects a new football coach in 2013 and we are ready to pay to get a big time coach.

Boom?

Thats's a good thing to hear. Definitely sounds like no more Dooley. Especially with a loss or 2 to one of our last 3 opponents. No way TN should lose to Mizzou, Vandy or UK. But its very likely were gona atleast lose to Vandy and possibly Mizzou. They have s decent D and if they stop us were in trouble, i dont see us stopping Franklin and their spread offense.

LWS on TOS said he believes big money is on the table for the next coach...if they can get the right big name coach to come for that money. IE they won't just throw big money at anyone. He thinks they will aim for someone much higher than an assistant coach (Smart).

He said he never thought in the past TN would do this, but it finally seems everyone is on board with this. He said he expects a new football coach in 2013 and we are ready to pay to get a big time coach.

Boom?

Laying the groundwork for a flip flop.

Don't criticize the kid, regardless of ranking. That sarcastic "S T U D" is insulting to him. If you had the opportunity to play for the Vols, you would to. But I completely agree that we aren't recruiting anywhere near what we need to be to be competitive

50-cent-you-mad-meme-generator-lol-you-mad-bro-bd4d6b.png

Boom?

So 1.7 mil is out of the question?

That is a very respectable poster right? If so that makes me feel better. It seems Gruden may have slowed his roll but good things still going down.

The big players have made a "list". Gruden is #1 on it, but there are other head turners. At least I have read that a few laces by people who have been bringing the Gruden news.

Boom?

This sounds really, really familir -

Don't you agree Lex? :rock:

If it's not Gruden, I would be highly disappointed if it's not another big name.

Who would you consider another big name?

If they're a big name, they're already at a top program for the most part outside of Chris Petersen and Gary Patterson. Unless you think we could get someone like Bob Stoops which I have my doubts about that. When you hear names like Stoops or even Richt potentially being fired, I think of them as having done less with more anyways. Oklahoma has a pipeline to Texas and Georgia produces a ton of top prospects. I wouldn't be opposed to getting someone like Pat Fitzgerald or Dan Mullen given their age and how they've built Northwestern and Miss St. With Tennessee's resources, I think they could accomplish quite a bit. They've done more with less.

I think you have to call Petersen and Patterson next if Gruden turns us down. I don't know why you wouldn't. Mora also has UCLA at 7-2 in his first year so he could be an interesting candidate.

I'm sure some people would be disappointed with some of the guys I mentioned but just about all of the top proven coaches are set where they're currently at.

Just curious what other big names there are after Gruden.

Last edited:
I agree with that too. Brice and Hubbs have talked to opposing coaches who say they know exactly what we are trying to do on D.

Good for them, because I sure don't know what we are trying to do. Whatever it is it does not work. Thanks dooley and fat bama sal.

Our talent isn't of Bama talent certainly but I believe our talent warrants us being a top 50 defense. Talent isn't the issue nor is scheme or play calling IMO

I agree. We have some talent and highly ranked guys on D. We should be playing alot better on D. I wonder if the new coach, whoever it is hires a DC that runs a 4-3. Will it be an easy adjustment back to what they used to run?

Who would you consider another big name?

If they're a big name, they're already at a top program for the most part outside of Chris Petersen and Gary Patterson. Unless you think we could get someone like Bob Stoops which I have my doubts about that. When you hear names like Stoops or even Richt potentially being fired, I think of them as having done less with more. Oklahoma has a pipeline to Texas and Georgia produces a ton of top prospects. I wouldn't be opposed to getting someone like Pat Fitzgerald or Dan Mullen given their age and how they've built Northwestern and Miss St. With Tennessee's resources, I think they could accomplish quite a bit. They've more with less.

I think you have to call Petersen and Patterson next if Gruden turns us down. I don't know why you wouldn't. Mora also has UCLA at 7-2 in his first year so he could be an interesting candidate.

I'm sure some people would be disappointed with some of the guys I mentioned but just about all of the top proven coaches are set where they're currently at.

Just curious what other big names there are after Gruden.

The defintion of "good, not great".

Boom?

So there's no way in hell Tennessee throws big money at a coach, nowwwwwww its on the table. Sounds like what Boro, Jay and the funky bunch has been saying all along. Larry has been a solid poster but he flip flops and its all good, Boro, Jay and DTO have been holding strong on this the whole time and get ripped. Yep makes sense :unsure:

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back