Official Jon Gruden Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what it is. He was a very good LB coach at al but here he hasnt been able to...coach I guess is the best term. IMO 90% of our problems is happening before gameday.

You could be right. Maybe it's just his style. Whatever it is our players, nor anyone else, understands what he's trying to do.

he seems to me to be more of a screamer than a teacher - but I don't know how that impacts this particular group.

This years D seems to have the quiting mentality that our O had last year when it gets tough.

This...and disguising plays on D is just as important as doing it on O.

Our issues lining up correctly on defense is evidence that our kids are paying absolutly no attention in practice or in the meeting rooms. More evidence SS has lost their ear. At the first of the year it could be chalked up to a new scheme but that excuse has long since past IMO.

What!?!? I bet you wouldn't say that to my face! I'm a big 'ole dude. In fact I go bear huntin' with a switch. You're an idiot troll that's lying through your teeth. I must save the good virginal posters of VN from your deceptive crap! I must make the decision on what to believe for them for I am the official truth police on a sacred mission sanctified by God. Literacy sucks. Pens and pencils suck...so does paper you tree murderer. We should ban all words to prevent you from sowing your evil seeds of knowledge. Go crawl back under the rock you came from. I determine you to be Lucifer himself by bringing your fancy notions and 'information' you have heard to this most pure place. I bet you smell, too!

How's that for humor with a purpose?:)

For the record, I don't disagree with anything you just said. :p

It's not about forgetting how to play. Defense is about an attitude and playing with confidence. Tuning out the coaches have allowed the players to lose all the intensity they need to succeed.

That is my point - if it was 100% talent related they would still compete, because they had the ability to do so.

I agree that the coaching style seems to demotivate these guys.

Dooley will have us losing to Kentucky/Petrino religiously.

Our 26 game winning streak is going to turn into a 5 game losing streak.

I used to just stay in the recruiting forum, now it's just sad in there, some people actually think DD is bringing in good talent, smh.

LWS on TOS said he believes big money is on the table for the next coach...if they can get the right big name coach to come for that money. IE they won't just throw big money at anyone. He thinks they will aim for someone much higher than an assistant coach (Smart).

He said he never thought in the past TN would do this, but it finally seems everyone is on board with this. He said he expects a new football coach in 2013 and we are ready to pay to get a big time coach.

Boom?

Reactions: 4 people
These recruits that are commiting to us is putting the nail in the coffin for sure. We are not headed in the right direction. I am on the Gruden train!!!

This is why they have no choice! Even if they are dumb enough to want to keep DD, he won't even have a chance to succeed. He will lose more assistants and have worse players and is guaranteed to fail. No players or assistants are going to want to come here.

As far as Gruden, I think if we show the slightest hint of getting the AD fixed or at least get Cheek in line to give him more control, I think he comes. I think he does it because he wants to help us.

LWS on TOS said he believes big money is on the table for the next coach...if they can get the right big name coach to come for that money. IE they won't just throw big money at anyone. He thinks they will aim for someone much higher than an assistant coach (Smart).

He said he never thought in the past TN would do this, but it finally seems everyone is on board with this. He said he expects a new football coach in 2013 and we are ready to pay to get a big time coach.

Boom?

Boom.

nuke-pagespeed-ce-0ke-wkj30c.jpg

Boom?

If it's not Gruden, I would be highly disappointed if it's not another big name.

I'm not going to try and figure out why his D doesn't work. But I will say this.

You can't bring a NFL/Alabama talent level defense to a high school talent level field, and expect it to work.

It doesn't work because there's no discipline when it comes to basic assignment football. No foundation= whole building crumbling.

What happened to the good ol' days when recruits had a hard choice to make? Tn, Al, Fl, or Ga? Ooooohhhhhh.... that's right, it's Dooley!!!

Last edited:

Boom?

Looks like a good 1st post for Gruden 6.

Our issues lining up correctly on defense is evidence that our kids are paying absolutly no attention in practice or in the meeting rooms. More evidence SS has lost their ear. At the first of the year it could be chalked up to a new scheme but that excuse has long since past IMO.

I agree with that too. Brice and Hubbs have talked to opposing coaches who say they know exactly what we are trying to do on D.

Boom?

That is a very respectable poster right? If so that makes me feel better. It seems Gruden may have slowed his roll but good things still going down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back