New forum: Coaching Rumors and Speculation

At some point, the players have to "man up" (to use CDD and TB words) and win some games. I get tired of blaming it all on coaching. From what I have observed, there have been a lot of situations in which the plays were there but just weren't made by our guys. One could pick out a play or two in the GA, MS State and perhaps the FLA game where if we had made the plays that were there to be made, the result might have bneen different. While I do have some concerns about the coaching, I still think the players have to make the plays...and we haven't consitently done that.

Consistency comes from practice reps. If they're doing it right in practice, it's the coaching staff's job to make sure they're doing it right in the game. Something is getting lost in translation and that falls on coaching.

Reactions: 1 person

here's what you need to accept...Gruden is not going to be the next coach ..nor is Bellotti...both have plush,high paying gigs and don,t want the headaches of a over-patient fan base...next Charlie Strong ..has Louisville playing decent ball..not going to come to Tn..and listen to fans calling for his head after 2 years...Peterson..not leaving Boise...Mullen not leaving Miss. State...Petrino...UT would never hire him..would lose more by doing so...now we get to Butch Davis......or maybe Cutcliffe....don't think either want to risk two years and this fan base ready to back the moving truck up to their door.....if you want to help recruit...stay off these boards.....

here's what you need to accept...Gruden is not going to be the next coach ..nor is Bellotti...both have plush,high paying gigs and don,t want the headaches of a over-patient fan base...next Charlie Strong ..has Louisville playing decent ball..not going to come to Tn..and listen to fans calling for his head after 2 years...Peterson..not leaving Boise...Mullen not leaving Miss. State...Petrino...UT would never hire him..would lose more by doing so...now we get to Butch Davis......or maybe Cutcliffe....don't think either want to risk two years and this fan base ready to back the moving truck up to their door.....if you want to help recruit...stay off these boards.....

you-fail-wtf-is-this-epic-fail-1290131978.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Mullen not leaving Miss. State...Petrino...UT would never hire him

not sure about either of these conclusions. Petrino is a stretch right now, but in a year or two when the heat dies down, he will be marketable. Why wouldn't mullen leave lowly miss state with a small fan base, mediocre facilities and a low salary for big money at UT with a huge stadium, better school and big fanbase?

not sure about either of these conclusions. Petrino is a stretch right now, but in a year or two when the heat dies down, he will be marketable. Why wouldn't mullen leave lowly miss state with a small fan base, mediocre facilities and a low salary for big money at UT with a huge stadium, better school and big fanbase?

That's a good question my friend so here's what Mullen may be thinking...

He's already making noise and has MSU ranked up pretty high, so far.

He may get a good offer this year or next year to make lots more $$$ and NOT have to play in the SEC against so many top teams.

Most coaches do NOT want to play in the SEC because it's much easier when they only have to play 1 or 2 good teams a year and that gets them ranked easier and having lots of wins every season gets them bigger pay easier too so they can have a easier and better paying career for the long term out of the brutal SEC.

Some coaches come to the SEC to make bigger money and some coaches come to the SEC because their ego demands that they try it and see if they really can build a good program and compete against the best in college football on a consistent basis.

Saban, Spurrier and others took the bigger $$$ and let their ego drive them into the NFL to see if they could compete on that level and soon learned that the NFL is alot harder than they thought so they came back to the college level to start all over again.

Saban walked into alaBubba with a roster already stacked with really good players so it was alot easier for him to start winning faster and the same is true for muschUmp at floriDUHHH with top recruiting classes for so many years.

Spurrier didn't have a stacked roster so he's had to work and recruit harder for alot more years to start getting USCe building up to where he wants to get them and he's still trying to get USCe up to a consistent level of winning alot every year.

Mullen may just be waiting for a good job offer out of the SEC for a much easier opportunity foir the rest of his coaching career.

VFL...GBO!!!

Guys I have never posted on here about CDD, but I just got a text forwarded to me from a noted poster on here saying; " It`s a done deal." Time will tell.

More fake rumors and BS is all this is so don't fall for the crap.

The ONLY time you should believe anything is when AD Hart steps up to microphones in front of the press and says something is happening.

Until then it's all BS which is mostly what we see posted here on VN.

VFL...GBO!!!

LMAO @ believing anything on wikipedia, LOL.

Anyone can post anything on that garbage site, LMAO!

ONLY when AD Hart says something can you really believe it and not before.

VFL...GBO!!!

Didn't say Gruden was the next coach. Simply posted an article. Don't like it? Don't read it. That simple. Thanks, but I'll stay on the boards.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back