Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just wondering if either of y'all had heard anything regarding a Dooley decision already being made, and possible announcement for today or next Monday. There's a lot of chatter of that over in the coaches forum, but i've followed y'all a lot longer, so I lean towards y'all when it comes to trust.

I know this isn't "recruiting" but it directly impacts every recruit in this forum, so leave here if possible. If they reply either way, feel free to delete.

And speaking of credibility, I still have no idea why it appears that Zasnow has so much of it. Who is he, and why should we trust him? I'm not hating, but just very curious.

And just for kicks, it's also worth noting that OCI pointed out that Zasnow was dead wrong on a tweet back in July that Derrick Henry was a silent UT commit. My point is, all of these guys can be wrong.

Was just wondering if either of y'all had heard anything regarding a Dooley decision already being made, and possible announcement for today or next Monday. There's a lot of chatter of that over in the coaches forum, but i've followed y'all a lot longer, so I lean towards y'all when it comes to trust.

I know this isn't "recruiting" but it directly impacts every recruit in this forum, so leave here if possible. If they reply either way, feel free to delete.

this should be good...

:popcorn:

And speaking of credibility, I still have no idea why it appears that Zasnow has so much of it. Who is he, and why should we trust him? I'm not hating, but just very curious.

And just for kicks, it's also worth noting that OCI pointed out that Zasnow was dead wrong on a tweet back in July that Derrick Henry was a silent UT commit. My point is, all of these guys can be wrong.

It's not that much of a stretch to come out at this point in the season and say "Dooley will be fired." Sort of like saying "It will be cold this winter."

A few years ago, I think during the kiffining, he got a following for being able to report on practice because he could see the field from his dorm room window or something. Not sure if he is anymore connected than that now, but I take his offering with the same heaping of salt I take just about everything on here.

To my understanding, Zasnow is on staff. Believe is a grad assist in some capacity. May be wrong but that is what I have gathered over course of the is whole Dooley experiment.

Do you think that I'm a fan that only wants 9 wins a season??? Seriously man I honestly think you skim and don't bother to comprehend what you read. Or just think you are the end all be all of CFB knowledge. Xs and Os and player evaluations you are a good read but not for the "back office" opinions. Trust me there are many other posters on here I keep an eye on for that.

I said I want 9+ NEXT YR MIN. Meaning whoever comes in better be able to produce no and ifs or buts from day one. Like I said...if everyone wants the greener grass on the other side we better not get there and have to wait for it to grow.

For the record Im not lying to myself about s**t. Trust me I'm very capable of seeing the situation for what it is. I see that we got beat by the #1 team in the country, and everyone has this high expectations as if we were suppose to be able to beat them or be able to hang with them when we make mistakes on the field. I know you, and many on here, think you can do a better job and know more about CFB than CDD but reality check man....yall don't! If anything CDDs biggest problem is knowing it way to much.

Good try. But you will never convince the eCoaches that an actual coach knows more than they do.

I used to read VN for fun. All this misery is sad. UT has lived through much worse. If this is the worst, VN needs to suck it up.

There are very few on here that are true VFLs. Most are BAM-BAMs (***** and moan, ***** and moaners).

Most of them are likely the same ones that wanted Coach Majors gone, then Coach Fulmer gone. They will never be satisfied.

Reactions: 2 people
I doubt he's gone if he wins the last 5, so how can the decision already be made? Why would a grad asst have any knowledge of this either way? That whole post stank of someone fishing for ecred to me, especially the timing.

Regardless of if Dooley is here next season, I will remain confident that the decision was not made until at least after the USC game.

It's not that much of a stretch to come out at this point in the season and say "Dooley will be fired." Sort of like saying "It will be cold this winter."

It's a little deeper than that. I'm not referring specifically to the Dooley situation, but, I can tell that you're one of those who obviously lets that consume all of your thoughts.

Good try. But you will never convince the eCoaches that an actual coach knows more than they do.

I used to read VN for fun. All this misery is sad. UT has lived through much worse. If this is the worst, VN needs to suck it up.

There are very few on here that are true VFLs. Most are BAM-BAMs (***** and moan, ***** and moaners).

Most of them are likely the same ones that wanted Coach Majors gone, then Coach Fulmer gone. They will never be satisfied.

I've said that I should be running this program in what post Doc? The guy you're qouting is just trying to talk down on me. I said I wanted a new coach seeing how after 3 years nothing is changing at all.

Guy says I crowned myself the end all, in what post did I say this? In what post have I said that if I didn't say it then it's not right? I stated my opinion about Sal after watching him run a defense that's basic Football 101. Everyone knows you play zone if your guys can't play man all over. They just have to get physical in the zones. Asking AJ Johnson to cover a WR on a crossing route hasn't worked all year why would it start against Bama.

He's asking players to do things they physically can't do but he really doesn't care because his ego is too big to realize this won't start working. He allowed Bama's best WR to go 1 on 1 all game after he proved we couldn't handle him with one man. These are simple adjustments any D-Coordinator would make. For such a complicated system it's one of easiest defenses to predict coverage wise for an offensive coordinator.

I've said that I should be running this program in what post Doc? The guy you're qouting is just trying to talk down on me. I said I wanted a new coach seeing how after 3 years nothing is changing at all.

Guy says I crowned myself the end all, in what post did I say this? In what post have I said that if I didn't say it then it's not right? I stated my opinion about Sal after watching him run a defense that's basic Football 101. Everyone knows you play zone if your guys can't play man all over. They just have to get physical in the zones. Asking AJ Johnson to cover a WR on a crossing route hasn't worked all year why would it start against Bama.

He's asking players to do things they physically can't do but he really doesn't care because his ego is too big to realize this won't start working. He allowed Bama's best WR to go 1 on 1 all game after he proved we couldn't handle him with one man. These are simple adjustments any D-Coordinator would make. For such a complicated system it's one of easiest defenses to predict coverage wise for an offensive coordinator.

This sums up my problems with our defense, namely Sal, pretty well. No adjustments. Moreover, I have yet to see him admit a mistake he's made.

If we get blown out against USCjr, I think all hell will break loose, which is hard to imagine considering what's already happened.

The SEC teams that UT has played this season (4) are a combined 27-1 this season. The one loss was USCjr. to LSU.

This sums up my problems with our defense, namely Sal, pretty well. No adjustments. Moreover, I have yet to see him admit a mistake he's made.

He's full of it. I've seen nothing special about what he's calling. We play between 1-3 coverages all game. Cover 1, Cover 0, and cover 2 are most of what I see. Funny thing is we can't run the first two coverages(which we run primarily) with the players we're putting on the field.

Dooley and crew should've recruited better from jump street. He added only one real CB in Coleman's class. Knowing there was a need back there. Lanier and Moore were both tweeners with speed/hips that were better suited at Safety. He put his job on the backs of juco players like he was at K-State or something.

Am I the only one who thinks this Gruden stuff is a pipe dream and mostly a forum creation? I've seen too many "insiders" get things way wrong.

Reactions: 2 people
He's full of it. I've seen nothing special about what he's calling. We play between 1-3 coverages all game. Cover 1, Cover 0, and cover 2 are most of what I see. Funny thing is we can't run the first two coverages(which we run primarily) with the players we're putting on the field.

Dooley and crew should've recruited better from jump street. He added only one real CB in Coleman's class. Knowing there was a need back there. Lanier and Moore were both tweeners with speed/hips that were better suited at Safety. He put his job on the backs of juco players like he was at K-State or something.
If we had their record right now we'd all be very happy lol but I do see your point in what your saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back