2013 Recruiting Big Board

Did you have the link for that article? I've not heard ringer and Tennessee mentioned at all that recently, would be nice to see.

BTO, I got Ringer and Jarquez Smith confused. Smith is going to visit in the fall.

My mistake.

BTO, I got Ringer and Jarquez Smith confused. Smith is going to visit in the fall.

My mistake.

Ahh ok makes sense, I was curious if I'd missed something. I've liked ringer and with our need at post been confused why we cooled on him, so I thought maybe we had heated back up.

You're right on jarquez though, he is supposed to be visiting.

Any chance we land Austin Nichols from Briarcrest?

And if you haven't heard UT has a lot things going for them for Austin... His twin sister attends UT that he is really close to, it's his dad's alma matter, he is good friends with Hubbs and stokes, plenty of PT, closer to home than Duke.

And if you haven't heard UT has a lot things going for them for Austin... His twin sister attends UT that he is really close to, it's his dad's alma matter, he is good friends with Hubbs and stokes, plenty of PT, closer to home than Duke.

thanks for the info. would love to see him in orange.

Really random, but I see you're from Elizabethton. Do you listen to The Showdown?

Pretty sure he isn't "good friends" with Stokes. And honestly, if Duke recruits you, I don't think anything can be safe in terms of what you got "going for you" because Coach K >>>>> anything else. The guy is a beast. I'd love to see Martin go 2-2 against him

Welcome to the boards btw :hi:

Pretty sure he isn't "good friends" with Stokes. And honestly, if Duke recruits you, I don't think anything can be safe in terms of what you got "going for you" because Coach K >>>>> anything else. The guy is a beast. I'd love to see Martin go 2-2 against him

Welcome to the boards btw :hi:

depends on your definition of "good friends"...

they're pretty close to the same level of friendship as nichols and hubbs.

BTO, do you have any plans on updating the original PDF to this thread? I was trying to work through it, and see who was still in play for UT and there are some guys (like King) that I know are out of play as of right now. Trying to see what's left if JW3 goes to Georgetown and Nichols comes to Knoxville.

BTO, do you have any plans on updating the original PDF to this thread? I was trying to work through it, and see who was still in play for UT and there are some guys (like King) that I know are out of play as of right now. Trying to see what's left if JW3 goes to Georgetown and Nichols comes to Knoxville.

Yea been meaning to, actually jumped the gun and started the 2014 one the other night, my bad.

As far as if we miss on j3 and get Nichols...Alex foster will be visiting next week iirc. While he's a solid player and has some good offers, not sure whether or not the staff takes him this early.

My guess is (if we land Nichols and miss on j3) that well wait until spring for a fifth. Probably watch a few juco's, already been a few posts they've been observing...see if anyone decommitted amid coaching changes, and then any possible transfers.

Yea been meaning to, actually jumped the gun and started the 2014 one the other night, my bad.

As far as if we miss on j3 and get Nichols...Alex foster will be visiting next week iirc. While he's a solid player and has some good offers, not sure whether or not the staff takes him this early.

My guess is (if we land Nichols and miss on j3) that well wait until spring for a fifth. Probably watch a few juco's, already been a few posts they've been observing...see if anyone decommitted amid coaching changes, and then any possible transfers.

Okay, that's about what I was thinking. I didn't think Foster was the kind of guy a coach would "make room for" this early. Also, if Nichols does commit this month, that would put UT somewhere at least close top 10 range for this class, and maybe that opens up a couple new doors for the spring signing period.

Okay, that's about what I was thinking. I didn't think Foster was the kind of guy a coach would "make room for" this early. Also, if Nichols does commit this month, that would put UT somewhere at least close top 10 range for this class, and maybe that opens up a couple new doors for the spring signing period.

Adding Nichols...

As things are it's put us around 5-6...obviously other teams will add guys.

Going off years past, closing with JUST Nichols, we'd be around 8-10.

Adding Nichols...

As things are it's put us around 5-6...obviously other teams will add guys.

Going off years past, closing with JUST Nichols, we'd be around 8-10.

Sounds good to me. It really seems to me that Landry is the question mark in this class. Hopefully changing schools will put him back on the right track (skills development wise)

Sounds good to me. It really seems to me that Landry is the question mark in this class. Hopefully changing schools will put him back on the right track (skills development wise)

He's gonna be a guy who probably stays ranked around the same. The PGs who are ranked high are usually scorers, or high athlete type guys...that's not Landry.

His shot will always be his biggest question mark...but if he can be that floor general, take care of the ball, and be a pass first guy...he could be a POOR MANS Kendall Marshall.

He's gonna be a guy who probably stays ranked around the same. The PGs who are ranked high are usually scorers, or high athlete type guys...that's not Landry.

His shot will always be his biggest question mark...but if he can be that floor general, take care of the ball, and be a pass first guy...he could be a POOR MANS Kendall Marshall.

I know we were talking rankings the post right before, but i wasn't really referring to Landry's ranking in my last post. iirc Landry did not exactly light it up last summer and there was talk of his game maybe having taken a step back (or others had passed him). While a high ranking would be nice as far as PR, I am more hoping that he actually has progressed as a player to the point where he can contribute when called upon.

I know we were talking rankings the post right before, but i wasn't really referring to Landry's ranking in my last post. iirc Landry did not exactly light it up last summer and there was talk of his game maybe having taken a step back (or others had passed him). While a high ranking would be nice as far as PR, I am more hoping that he actually has progressed as a player to the point where he can contribute when called upon.

Absolutely. Will be nice to see what he does this year.

BTO since Landry changed school and playing with better players. Do you think if he plays well he could maybe get a bump up to a 4*?

VN Store

Back