NC State fans.......WOW

Whoa, sjt! Who pissed in your corn flakes this morning? You usually aren't so arrogant with your posts... You're usually fairly level headed.

Sorry it came off that way. I've been dealing with a bad back.... maybe that made me more curt.

The gentleman from Knoxville yields the remainder of his time to NCSU.......:popcorn:

I started college years ago at NCSU. I was actually there when V won the BB title. I hate Carolina as passionately as anyone you know. I really like State.

That said, I do not think State has the talent to keep this game very close (if Dooley can coach). If this game is close or you win then IMHO UT is in for a very rough season and a new coach at the end of it.

Rivals rankings do not mean everything but they do mean something and especially in the south where recruiting is covered so intensely. You've had six 4-5* players in the last 4 classes. UT has had 45... and no less than 10 in any of those classes. Development can cover part of the difference but not all of it... even if you assume that UT's guys have had poor S&C.

Hate to break it to you but there's a reason the SEC has won the last several NC's.... It has better coaches but MUCH better players, facilities, and programs.

You had 8 wins last year? Congrats. The six BCS teams you beat had a combined record of 37-43. You gave up the same number of ppg as a young, thin UT D against a MUCH weaker schedule. UT faced BOTH BCS title competitors. In your losses, you gave up 34 ppg. UT gave up 29 ppg against a better schedule with a D that was way too thin and way too young.

Really I could parse this in many different ways that would all lead to the same conclusion. Had you faced UT's schedule last year, it is unlikely you would have won as many games or performed as well statistically... and UT has been at low ebb the past couple of years. Had UT faced your schedule, they probably would have played on NYD.

Cant argue with any of the facts you've stated, or assumptions you've made. On paper you beat us 10 out of 10 times. In fact, our recruiting rankings IN THE ACC have been 6th, 12th, 9th, and 8th since 2009. That's terrible, our record should be 8-9th in the ACC every year based on recruiting rankings. With these players we've finished top 3-4 in the ACC the last two years, and have just barely missed the ACC Champ Game (I know I know, ACC sucks)

No offense but it seems your coach underperformed your "stars" last year, and you have no evidence that he will do otherwise this year. TOB has a track record going back to Boston College of doing more with less. I'm not stupid, and I'm not saying that there is a not difference in talent that is too great to overcome. I dont think that is the case in this game, however.

Cant argue with any of the facts you've stated, or assumptions you've made. On paper you beat us 10 out of 10 times. In fact, our recruiting rankings IN THE ACC have been 6th, 12th, 9th, and 8th since 2009. That's terrible, our record should be 8-9th in the ACC every year based on recruiting rankings. With these players we've finished top 3-4 in the ACC the last two years, and have just barely missed the ACC Champ Game (I know I know, ACC sucks)

No offense but it seems your coach underperformed your "stars" last year, and you have no evidence that he will do otherwise this year. TOB has a track record going back to Boston College of doing more with less. I'm not stupid, and I'm not saying that there is a not difference in talent that is too great to overcome. I dont think that is the case in this game, however.

All of our stars were in the freshmen and sophomore classes

We didn't do well with our stars in the sec because of depth and injuries. You see what happens when we play non sec teams.... Cincinnati. I think you guys played Cincinnati as well.... How did that turn out?

We didn't do well with our stars in the sec because of depth and injuries. You see what happens when we play non sec teams.... Cincinnati. I think you guys played Cincinnati as well.... How did that turn out?

:horse::horse::horse:To no effect....

If UT takes the field at full strength...if...

With the weapons we will have on offense, and Sunseri's defense, I just have this feeling that NCSU is going to get a very stark lesson on what separates the SEC from other conferences.

I could be wrong...this wouldn't be the first time...but if we can take the field at full strength, I see NCSU getting smoked.

You guys might get some garbage points late in the game, but this should be a 21+ point UT win.

Go Vols.

This isn't necessarily true. If you look at our games you'll find that Tennessee kept it close in the first half of every game we played last year. In the second half teams started to pull away from us. People say this is because of depth but I'm not completely sold. I think it could also be due to a lack of second half adjustments which would reflect on the coaching staff. Only time will tell though.

FWIW, I think Tennessee will destroy NC State. But I always think that about OOC opponents.

vols,*****

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize you played Cinci and won, and then we played them and lost!!!!!!! We're doooooooomed
willy_nilly.gif

HOLY ****!!!!!!!!!! I didn't realize you played Cinci and won, and then we played them and lost!!!!!!! We're doooooooomed
willy_nilly.gif

Actually it was more than played and won and played and lost. We played and destroyed. You played and were never in the game. You won't be in this one either

Reactions: 1 person
Actually it was more than played and won and played and lost. We played and destroyed. You played and were never in the game. You won't be in this one either

Which is relative to this year because....?

Could UT win by three scores? Sure. Doesn't mean it's probable though.

I honestly think UT is the better team and will win but it should be a good game.

Which is relative to this year because....?

Could UT win by three scores? Sure. Doesn't mean it's probable though.

I honestly think UT is the better team and will win but it should be a good game.

The main premise continuing to be thrown out is they had a better record last year and have improved. Showing the strength of schedule and common opponent is trying to shed some light on the reason for UT optimism and reasoning for a sound beating. That's why it's relative

Are you going to make the same argument about UT vs. UF? We played UK and lost. UF destroyed UK. Same argument as with Cincinnati.

Personally, the UK results have ZERO effect on whether or not UT can beat UF just like Cincinnati has ZERO bearing on this year's UT-NCSU game.

Sure it is a decent reference point, at least the best one from last season, but it was also by far the worst game we played last season. I'm sure it was one of your better ones. If we play you like we played Cincy, we have no chance. On the other hand if we play you like we played Clemson, I have a hard time seeing us lose. Chances are our performance will be somewhere in between.

willy_nilly.gif

You really are going to have that ass handed to you. NCjr will be run off the field in embarrassment. In 34 days your team will run into a big orange buzz saw.

At first you will be like :biggrin:
By half time you will be like :crazy:

VN Store

Back