Android

That would be my only gripe thus far, not having individual widgets for wifi, Bluetooth, etc. I put a settings link on my desktop and the network switches are conveniently located at the top, so that will suffice for now.

Yeah I saw that. At least that is more convenient.

Everything does look better IMO.

Watched a demo of Jellybean. Looks like it has some cool features. Considering ICS is only on about 10% of droids now, jow many phones will it be on by the time the next update comes out?

Shhhhh.....

Word on the street is Freak ordered a GNexus. He's going to give the Android side of things a go at it. Knowing the guy, I think he'll feel right at home after he flashes a ROM or two and starts tinkering with things.

Last edited:
Watched a demo of Jellybean. Looks like it has some cool features. Considering ICS is only on about 10% of droids now, jow many phones will it be on by the time the next update comes out?

There's been talk about this recently. Wouldn't be out of line for them to release the next update by (or around) the new year. I'm in the camp that they should hold off on another update for awhile. The transition to ICS hasn't been exactly quick. We are just now seeing it pushed to a few devices.

Fortunately, the ICS to JB jump isn't as broad as 2.3 to ICS. It's important, though, since it could mean the end of "laggy" low end phones in the next couple years. They made a fairly fundamental change in the way the digitizer, OS, and hardware react now when you put a finger on the screen.

Last edited:
am also using the Chrome browser and really like it. However the lack of flash support sucks

Ive gone back to firefox and it is much better. Used to be a bit slower, but some updates have made it blazing fast.

thanks. Haven't used it in a long time so will give it another shot

I have been using dolphin...not that impressed.

it was the only one I used on my other phone. One feature I really liked was the screen gestures to manipulate the browser. Honestly I haven't even downloaded it on my new phone

thanks. Haven't used it in a long time so will give it another shot

it was the only one I used on my other phone. One feature I really liked was the screen gestures to manipulate the browser. Honestly I haven't even downloaded it on my new phone

What are you using

no I really like Chrome (besides the flash thing) now that I've gotten used to it but I'm the type that sticks to pretty much one browser after a while. Just want to make sure I pick the best one

no I really like Chrome (besides the flash thing) now that I've gotten used to it but I'm the type that sticks to pretty much one browser after a while. Just want to make sure I pick the best one

I gotcha. Firefox seems to be pretty good so far. I read it crashes frequently but hopefully they fixed that.

Do you use a launcher?

I gotcha. Firefox seems to be pretty good so far. I read it crashes frequently but hopefully they fixed that.

Do you use a launcher?

The crashing is what was fixed with a recent update supposedly. All I know is that I have been using it for two weeks with no issues

Shhhhh.....

Word on the street is Freak ordered a GNexus. He's going to give the Android side of things a go at it. Knowing the guy, I think he'll feel right at home after he flashes a ROM or two and starts tinkering with things.

Truth. :)

PJ, like you, I've been trying to decide on my "go to" browser. I'm really liking like Opera Mobile so far.

I tried it early on, didn't like it and never went back. Unless I start to see a huge buzz around things I'm not likely to retry. Wow me or lose me forever

Truth. :)

PJ, like you, I've been trying to decide on my "go to" browser. I'm really liking like Opera Mobile so far.

Cool thing about Opera Mini is that it uses only about a tenth of the bandwidth of other browsers, compressing webpages by up to 90%.

Now if youre like me, still clinging onto your old grandfathered unlimited data plan, that doesnt mean much. But as fewer and fewer have that option, its worth mentioning.

I personally like Dolphin the best, Chrome would be second. Ive downloaded firefox but havent really given it a chance just yet.

I've pretty used only Chrome since getting my S3. I like the syncing of open tabs from my desktop machine to my phone. Just launch Chrome and I can see all the tabs I have open at home.

As for launchers, I've been using Nova launcher for the last few months. It's solid and does pretty much everything I need. I was big fan of LauncherPro before that, but it got old and the promised re-code to revamp the program never happened. It's solid, but never really went anywhere after the initial release. Just some tiny updates here and there.

To all the Samsung Galaxy S3 owners:

What are the pros and cons of this phone that you have come across thus far?

Pros: Best phone on the market.

Haven't really seen any cons so far other than it doesn't currently run Jellybean. That'll change soon now that they have a fairly good working CM10 on the international version.

VN Store

Back