A writers thoughts on the Tennessee/Florida match up.

Yeah, that's it, I guess. Still, that was an early game for a secondary that improved throughout the year. The lack of INTs is interesting. Muschamp made that a spring priority, but I wonder if that is a skill that can be taught.

Boom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

daaammmmmmmmmmmnlh4id1.gif

word yo. lol

What is great about this game is it extremely important for both coaches/teams. It's a season setter.

It's not more important for Dooley or Muschamp - it's equal. The loser of this game will feel it.

The match up IMO favors UT. However, Florida is the mental edge over the Vols and that is hard to beat. UF doesn't think very highly of UT, nor should they.

UT should have the talent edge in 2012--UF has no stars on offense and some shaky looking QBs based on last year's performances.

This is by far the most important game of the recent TN football era.

Even IF we somehow lose to NC st. We could redeem ourselves and turn our season back around with a win over UF. So when it comes down to it, this is THE game of 2012.

Reactions: 1 person
UT should have the talent edge in 2012--UF has no stars on offense and some shaky looking QBs based on last year's performances.

Reading between the lines during UF's spring practice, I get the feeling our coaching staff is disappointed that Driskel couldn't distance himself from Brissett for the starting QB job.

This is by far the most important game of the recent TN football era.

Even IF we somehow lose to NC st. We could redeem ourselves and turn our season back around with a win over UF. So when it comes down to it, this is THE game of 2012.

Leading post of this thread. Couldn't have said it better myself. 1st game of the year, winning would be a great start, and confidence builder leading up...but anyone who thinks Florida is not THE GAME is mistaken, IMO.

Leading post of this thread. Couldn't have said it better myself. 1st game of the year, winning would be a great start, and confidence builder leading up...but anyone who thinks Florida is not THE GAME is mistaken, IMO.

No single game will decide the East this year. The winner will likely have no less than two conference losses.

The leading contenders (UGA and SCarolina) are both historically inconsistent, especially when expectations are high.

No single game will decide the East this year. The winner will likely have no less than two conference losses.

The leading contenders (UGA and SCarolina) are both historically inconsistent, especially when expectations are high.

Here is the difference... You are talking about winning the East, I am talking about a team that is fighting its way out of the trenches, trying to identify itself. Tennessee is trying to take a stand strong enough to avoid having to clear out the staff AGAIN.
I never said any 1 particular game would decide the East. But I understand your train of thought...

Here is the difference... You are talking about winning the East, I am talking about a team that is fighting its way out of the trenches, trying to identify itself. Tennessee is trying to take a stand strong enough to avoid having to clear out the staff AGAIN.
I never said any 1 particular game would decide the East. But I understand your train of thought...

sn3vu.gif

Reactions: 1 person
What i cannot get out of ny head is how horrible Florida has been the last two years and yet they dominated both games.

Including the line of scrimmage where florida has been terrible.

Yet, florida had a running game of some sort and brantley generally had a clean pocket.....which when you consider how the other games played out is a virtual miracle.

And with regard to the pi penalties, 15 yards and an automatic first down is not a good thing for a defense

And with regard to the pi penalties, 15 yards and an automatic first down is not a good thing for a defense

Jelani Jenkins and his banana fingers aren't exactly good for catching INTs either.

Bray gift-wrapped a couple and we let him off the hook.

The Josh Evans pick at the beginning of the second half and Elam's late game pick were the most difficult catches UF players made all day.

Jelani Jenkins and his banana fingers aren't exactly good for catching INTs either.

Bray gift-wrapped a couple and we let him off the hook.

The Josh Evans pick at the beginning of the second half and Elam's late game pick were the most difficult catches UF players made all day.

It seems like Fla dropped about 4 pics in that game. I'm surprised the outcome wasn't a total drilling, TBH

It seems like Fla dropped about 4 pics in that game. I'm surprised the outcome wasn't a total drilling, TBH

Oh it was a total drilling. UF went prevent after it had a 4 TD lead and took their foot off the gas to play for the sure win. But it was every bit of a drilling.

Florida is heading into the 10-year wilderness that Tennessee is trying to emerge from.

Urbie left them skinny,,not bare. I dislike the gators but don't wish them the crap we've been through the past few years. When we start beating them regularly,,,I hope they are ranked.

Oh it was a total drilling. UF went prevent after it had a 4 TD lead and took their foot off the gas to play for the sure win. But it was every bit of a drilling.
--------------------------------------
What?
UT had 23 1st downs, UF 17.
Bray had 290 yards passing w/ 1 recver, no running game, and about 10 intentional PI penalties by the bewildered (and small) UF DBs.
If Hunter plays, it's a FG game.
In the Swamp....

The Alabama-UF (38-10) and LSU-UF (41-11) games? Those were drillings.

What?
Bray had 290 yards passing w/ 1 recver, no running game, and about 10 intentional PI penalties by the bewildered (and small) UF DBs.
In the Swamp....

dude, florida completed 3 passes to a wr all game for a total of 27 yards.

and the game was over at 30-7 in the 3rd quarter because tennessee was so completely dominated in every phase of the game outside of penalties.

What?
In the Swamp....

UT was down 30-7 and had to pass on every down...not unlike Peyton in '96 after UF went up 35-0.

I'm beginning think your handle is a misnomer.

dude, florida completed 3 passes to a wr all game for a total of 27 yards.

and the game was over at 30-7 in the 3rd quarter because tennessee was so completely dominated in every phase of the game outside of penalties.

---------------------------------

dude, Tennessee was behind 31-3 at #5/8-1 Notre Dame in 1991 and beat Lou Holtz 35-34.

VN Store

Back