Jordan Jenkins on his UT recruiting visit

What part of my post do you not agree with, just to be clear. He has a very good approach. If he wins the floodgates will open in recruiting. What is there to disagree with?

Dooley is a nice guy. Unfortunately, due to his poor coaching abilities, he finished in the appropriate spot in the SEC East.

Dooley is a nice guy. Unfortunately, due to his poor coaching abilities, he finished in the appropriate spot in the SEC East.

So you disagree with nothing I've said. Great approach, no wins= good recruiting. Great approach, and wins to go with it= amazing recruiting. It gets old hashing the same crap over and over. We get it you think Dooley is a loser. This is a thread aimed at talking about his approach in recruiting. Take the other crap in the other million threads you say this in.

Reactions: 2 people
So you disagree with nothing I've said. Great approach, no wins= good recruiting. Great approach, and wins to go with it= amazing recruiting. It gets old hashing the same crap over and over. We get it you think Dooley is a loser. This is a thread aimed at talking about his approach in recruiting. Take the other crap in the other million threads you say this in.

I think you are just overstating the approach a bit.

Like you've said, if he wins the floodgates can open. But, you can have a poor approach to recruiting and the winning can overcome that.

If recruiting came down to those two areas (winning and approach) I would think the figures are:

90% winning
10% approach

That is oversimplifying things quite a bit, as there are so many more factors to recruiting.

I think you are just overstating the approach a bit.

Like you've said, if he wins the floodgates can open. But, you can have a poor approach to recruiting and the winning can overcome that.

If recruiting came down to those two areas (winning and approach) I would think the figures are:

90% winning
10% approach

That is oversimplifying things quite a bit, as there are so many more factors to recruiting.

I don't think I'm overstating it at all as I said winning will get us with the elite. The approach has gotten us good talent. I agree with you that winning is the more important part; however, I think you are definitely overstating the percentage on winning as there are a lot of coaches that win and each must differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack. I agree with the rest of your post. The thread was not praising Dooley or pumping sunshine as some may call it. I'm perfectly fine with those who doubt him because his record should bring doubt. But the thread was intended to take a look at the culture of sports (pros making players wear suits, etc...) and what Dooley is trying to accomplish with several things he has done thus far in his approach with the team (see the deals in place I already mentioned) and his approach with recruits. Why it constantly has to turn down this path of "Dooley sucks" is pathetic.

If you only knew how silly this looks. The kid had UT 3rd at best. So he mentioned DD and his visit. DD is a nice guy but we were 3rd at best.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Ahhh. This kid had UT third at best. So therefore Dooley sucks at recruiting. Because one of the top ranked recruits in the country had the SEC east champions at #1 followed by the National champions at #2 followed by cellar-dwelling UT at #3, and then when interviewed, he specifically prasied Dooley's recruting style and his methods. Thats obviously a sign that Dooley doesnt know how to recruit.

I hope you can pick up sarcasm.

The OPs whole point is about Dooley's recruiting prowess, he even mentioned that he has to win to seal the deal. I don't know if you "know" this, but it's kind of hard to seal the deal on a top ranked recruit when they look at your schedule from the past two years and its 11-13. If Dooley does great this season, that means his recruits have panned out, because this is the first year Dooley has "his" team on the field. If so, he will have that final leverage to be able to convince these top ranked kids that UT is the place for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Y'all have taken a situation where a kid said some nice things about Tennessee and are making way, way, way too much out if it.

I thought that op was just pointing out that recruits and their parents are impressed with DD. Dont feed the gay-tor trolls and the VD known as VB.

Reactions: 1 person
A significant portion of this fanbase has become so used to losing that they have become conditioned to try to spin all losses into wins.

We finished 3rd at best in the recruitment of a big-time player, but he said that Dooley is a swell guy and he'd love to go fishing with him. :clap:

We lost to an abysmal Kentucky team that had a wide receiver playing quarterback, but that loss is going to motivate our entire team to practice hard all summer and no longer play like sh*t on Saturdays in the future. :clap:

The approach has gotten us good talent. I agree with you that winning is the more important part; however, I think you are definitely overstating the percentage on winning as there are a lot of coaches that win and each must differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack.

Being Tennessee gets us good talent. Winning opens up the elite. I'm agreeing with what you are saying, to an extent.

Being UT almost always gets us a top 30 class, regardless. When we are winning, we can push top 5. The winning aspect is THAT important. The coaching techniques can make up that much ground, by itself, but it is rare. The coaching approach just isn't that big of a deal. Does it help? Sure it does. Is it as important as winning? No, not even close.

Why it constantly has to turn down this path of "Dooley sucks" is pathetic.

Because this is VN. It happens.

A significant portion of this fanbase has become so used to losing that they have become conditioned to try to spin all losses into wins.

We finished 3rd at best in the recruitment of a big-time player, but he said that Dooley is a swell guy and he'd love to go fishing with him. :clap:

We lost to an abysmal Kentucky team that had a wide receiver playing quarterback, but that loss is going to motivate our entire team to practice hard all summer and no longer play like sh*t on Saturdays in the future. :clap:

We just need something to believe in:cray:

Ahhh. This kid had UT third at best. So therefore Dooley sucks at recruiting. Because one of the top ranked recruits in the country had the SEC east champions at #1 followed by the National champions at #2 followed by cellar-dwelling UT at #3, and then when interviewed, he specifically prasied Dooley's recruting style and his methods. Thats obviously a sign that Dooley doesnt know how to recruit.

I hope you can pick up sarcasm.

The OPs whole point is about Dooley's recruiting prowess, he even mentioned that he has to win to seal the deal. I don't know if you "know" this, but it's kind of hard to seal the deal on a top ranked recruit when they look at your schedule from the past two years and its 11-13. If Dooley does great this season, that means his recruits have panned out, because this is the first year Dooley has "his" team on the field. If so, he will have that final leverage to be able to convince these top ranked kids that UT is the place for them.

The OP stated in the thread title DD had the PERFECT approach and used an article where a kid chose UGA and had bammer 2nd. This thread is exactly what I've made fun of you DD defenders for. HE DIDN'T GET THE KID and yet one of y'all start a thread praising him. It's so dumb!

The OP stated in the thread title DD had the PERFECT approach and used an article where a kid chose UGA and had bammer 2nd. This thread is exactly what I've made fun of you DD defenders for. HE DIDN'T GET THE KID and yet one of y'all start a thread praising him. It's so dumb!

I think the OP's original point has been blown out of proportion. He saw an article that mentioned Dooley in a positive light, posted it for our enjoyment, and now you're trying to make us all feel like a**holes for seeing that as a good sign. Sorry I guess?

I think the OP's original point has been blown out of proportion. He saw an article that mentioned Dooley in a positive light, posted it for our enjoyment, and now you're trying to make us all feel like a**holes for seeing that as a good sign. Sorry I guess?

Like I said this thread is exactly what I laugh at y'all about. Just watch if UT beats 7 of the crappy 8 teams on our schedule you DD defenders will proclaim it a very good season and proof DD has righted the ship.

Do you ever live in reality? The kid chose UGA and we have a thread praising the coach. HE CHOSE UGA!!! Holy cow.

Dang guys, I hate to do this, but Beefie is right. The kid is at UGA, not UT. Doesn't do any good if mama likes Dooley but the kid doesn't. And NO, I haven't changed to a Negavol or CDD hater, I just see no point to this thread. I know CDD is a nice guy and good recruiter, but to use an article where we weren't even 2nd on the kids radar seems kind of unusual to me.

Last edited:
Like I said this thread is exactly what I laugh at y'all about. Just watch if UT beats 7 of the crappy 8 teams on our schedule you DD defenders will proclaim it a very good season and proof DD has righted the ship.

How come you can make fun of us for believing in the Vols, but we can't make fun of you for being so negative? It's like when you find an athiest or fundamentalist christian who only sees their side of the story.

If UT wins 7 games, then so be it. Whatever. I won't be happy with it, but i'll see it as an improvement. Pardon me for seeing the quarterback and recievers, offensive line, linebackers, and D-line as having a real possibilty for something special this year. After all, this is typically a Forum for Vol fans, and it just seems you're trying to s** on people who support the Vols just like you (say) you do.

How come you can make fun of us for believing in the Vols, but we can't make fun of you for being so negative? It's like when you find an athiest or fundamentalist christian who only sees their side of the story.

If UT wins 7 games, then so be it. Whatever. I won't be happy with it, but i'll see it as an improvement. Pardon me for seeing the quarterback and recievers, offensive line, linebackers, and D-line as having a real possibilty for something special this year. After all, this is typically a Forum for Vol fans, and it just seems you're trying to s** on people who support the Vols just like you (say) you do.

I laugh at people like you and the OP for praising DD for a kid choosing UGA.

There is a ton of football knowledge on this thread. Pretty simple opening post gets turned into a Dooley don't know how to recruit thread. 99% of you people have a clue what your talking about. The other 1%, and you know who you are, you have no f'ing clue about football or any sport. VFL1800FPD, don't waste your time with these people. Seriously, have you ever tried to explain to a woman who asked 1,000 questions during a game? They don't get it no matter how many times you tell them. Same with about 3 or 4 on this board. They expect Dooley to win with the **** he's had to play with and then they expect him to recruit with the Alabama's of the world with the **** he's had to deal with from previous coaches. Their f'ing idiots. They act like Dooley is the only coach on the team and that he ACTUALLY coaches EVERY player on the team. When if they had a clue they would understand that the asst. coaches actually do roughly 90% of the coaching. It's college sports. It's pro sports. That's how it works but they don't understand that. There could be two wide open WR's and Bray hits one of them for a TD and they would ask why in the hell did he not throw it to the other wide open receiver? Don't even waste your time talking to these no nothing, clueless vol football fans.

Reactions: 1 person
I laugh at people like you and the OP for praising DD for a kid choosing UGA.

Yes, we haven taken a lot of liberties assuming that a recruit mentioning Dooley in a positive way, even though he ended up a UGA, is a positive sign for him as a coach. I agree with you there. I just don't think it can be a bad thing, because Dooley obviously made an impression on this kid, and i think if this happens 2 years down the road when Dooley has a few winning seasons under his belt, then Jenkins makes a different decision and ends up wearing orange. That's just my opinion, don't laugh at me for thinking differently than you.

I currently support Dooley because, like it or not, he is our head coach and will be for this season. If he s***s the bed this season and is fired, I will totally agree. If he has an average season(better than last year obviously), I will support him because another HC would be a setback for this program. If he does great this season, I will be laughing knowing that you have to put up with him again.

There is a ton of football knowledge on this thread. Pretty simple opening post gets turned into a Dooley don't know how to recruit thread. 99% of you people have a clue what your talking about. The other 1%, and you know who you are, you have no f'ing clue about football or any sport. VFL1800FPD, don't waste your time with these people. Seriously, have you ever tried to explain to a woman who asked 1,000 questions during a game? They don't get it no matter how many times you tell them. Same with about 3 or 4 on this board. They expect Dooley to win with the **** he's had to play with and then they expect him to recruit with the Alabama's of the world with the **** he's had to deal with from previous coaches. Their f'ing idiots. They act like Dooley is the only coach on the team and that he ACTUALLY coaches EVERY player on the team. When if they had a clue they would understand that the asst. coaches actually do roughly 90% of the coaching. It's college sports. It's pro sports. That's how it works but they don't understand that. There could be two wide open WR's and Bray hits one of them for a TD and they would ask why in the hell did he not throw it to the other wide open receiver? Don't even waste your time talking to these no nothing, clueless vol football fans.

People are laughing at you and the OP and others like you. People weren't bashing DD in this thread. We were bashing you and your fellow Defend Dooley no matter what Brigade. We DIDN'T GET THE KID and the OP started a thread praising his recruiting. It's dumb as can be.

VN Store

Back