Jordan Jenkins on his UT recruiting visit

He pretty much said Dooley was the tallest midget. If that makes you feel better fine. But you look like an idiot starting a thread praising DD as a great recruiter and use thast article as proof.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not sure I ever said anything about Dooley being a great recruiter. Great recruiters have great approaches with results to back them up. One is missing from Dooley's plate.

Dang, is it that bad already over there? Muschamp did about a good of a job as he could've done on the recruiting trail this year. Was impressed with him in that aspect.

Yes it is much worse on almost all other sites. This site is very tame.

people, me included, were upset about the quantity of o-lineman (not the quality) and the quality of the wr's.

other than that, people were happy and are currently happy with recruiting

but, back to the main point. if a story comes out that a kid absolutely loved florida and loved muschamp and not only did we miss out, but we truly never had a shot.....then, yeah, people will freak out

Valid points.

He pretty much said Dooley was the tallest midget. If that makes you feel better fine. But you look like an idiot starting a thread praising DD as a great recruiter and use thast article as proof.

I agree to the fact w's and l's tell more about recruiting than anything else.

Also, never saw you answer this question:

Dooley had a great approach, he hasn't won as a coach, Jenkins went elsewhere. To get the elite recruits, Dooley needs to have the results to go along with the approach. What part do you disagree with?

What question? DD is an ok recruiter. I wasn't even saying bad things about DD. I was making fun of you for putting this thread together. It's dumb.

VolBeef, you look like an idiot. Every day. Every post. I understand the OP and what he is saying. So does everyone else that dont have a ball bat stuck up their arse. You, pal, are almost intolerable. To say the least. You are a disease. I shake my head in disgust every time I read something posted by you.

What a man.

Reactions: 1 person
What question? DD is an ok recruiter. I wasn't even saying bad things about DD. I was making fun of you for putting this thread together. It's dumb.

A thread that says Dooley has the approach down but needs wins to seal the deal for the elite prospects. Still not sure which point you disagree with.

VolBeef, you look like an idiot. Every day. Every post. I understand the OP and what he is saying. So does everyone else that dont have a ball bat stuck up their arse. You, pal, are almost intolerable. To say the least. You are a disease. I shake my head in disgust every time I read something posted by you.

What a man.

Simple solution... Don't read my posts... See not hard at all.

Dang it Beef, quit making sense!!!!!!

If he can ever start winning, the stars will come. Oh well, here is hoping.

If Dooley starts winning Knoxville will start getting 5* restaraunts? Now THAT is what we need. :dance2:

Ok, I'll put myself in time out for that one. :no:

If Dooley starts winning Knoxville will start getting 5* restaraunts? Now THAT is what we need. :dance2:

Ok, I'll put myself in time out for that one. :no:

Nicely done!

Bring back the old owners of the Crosseyed Cricket and the original owners of Ott's (we're talking from the '70's early '80's) and that's all the 5 Star you need! Catfish and Q! :thumbsup:

is this just a smoke screen ? is there a difference ? was it reported?

What was the most creative thing UGA did? “They turned on the stadium lights and put on the inspirational video [on the scoreboard] when I went on my official visit.

The OP stated in the thread title DD had the PERFECT approach and used an article where a kid chose UGA and had bammer 2nd. This thread is exactly what I've made fun of you DD defenders for. HE DIDN'T GET THE KID and yet one of y'all start a thread praising him. It's so dumb!

You let things bother you way too easily...

1. I agree with you to a point.
2. While I don't entirely disagree with the OP's point, I see the point he was trying to make..but yes, it has that
"moral victory for coming in third"-feel to it.
3. The article was complimentary about Dooley and the OP was simply sharing that with the rest of us...if you haven't noticed, there aren't as many things to get excited about in Vol Nation as there was 10 years ago.
4. Am I the only one that is ridiculously tired of every thread inevitably turning into a "sunshine-pumpers" or "what's wrong with Dooley" thread?

2. While I don't entirely disagree with the OP's point, I see the point he was trying to make..but yes, it has that
3. The article was complimentary about Dooley and the OP was simply sharing that with the rest of us...if you haven't noticed, there aren't as many things to get excited about in Vol Nation as there was 10 years ago.
4. Am I the only one that is ridiculously tired of every thread inevitably turning into a "sunshine-pumpers" or "what's wrong with Dooley" thread?

Nothing on this site bothers me. And I didn't say much at all about DD or bash him. I was and am laughing at the OP for being so dumb.

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Maybe an article about a recruit we did land. Surely, they have something positive to say about Dooley too
4. No you are not. And both sides are at blame.

Lets just all stand and yell as loud as we can.....

GOOOO TENNESSEEEEE!!!!!!

That should make everyone feel better.

VFL...GBO!!!

Nothing on this site bothers me. And I didn't say much at all about DD or bash him. I was and am laughing at the OP for being so dumb.

If you say so.

1. Agree
2. Agree
3. Maybe an article about a recruit we did land. Surely, they have something positive to say about Dooley too
4. No you are not. And both sides are at blame.

I'll be honest...I was a staunch supporter (not necessarily defender--there is a difference) of Dooley before the UK game, the locker-room drama the "allegedly" happened, and his subsequent 4 or 5 week hibernation from the media after the loss.

After all of that....I'll say this...I still support him, but it's only because he's the head coach--sort of like respecting the rank, not the person. Not that I've lost respect for him as a human being, but I've definitely lost a lot of confidence in him as a Head Coach.

So much so that I've done some research on potential Head Coaching candidates in the event that he is not retained at the end of the year....and no, Kirby Smart does not top that list.

I've grown apathetic towards Dooley. I'm waiting to see how the first 3 games (especially the 3rd) go this year to make my mind up. If we lose to Florida again, I truly feel like he's gone--this team is as comparable to their's as you can get. I would even argue that we're better, albeit marginally at best. I think how that game plays out has the potential to be the most important game of Dooley's head coaching career, thus far.

We win...he gets a stay of execution until UGA. We lose...well, I'll say this, he's going to have to beat five of the six of UGA, SC, Miss State, Mizzou, Vandy, & UK to keep his job.

JMO....

Damnit...looks like I just did exactly what I said I am ridiculously tired of...my bad fellas. :hi:

Last edited:
I'll be honest...I was a staunch supporter (not necessarily defender--there is a difference) of Dooley before the UK game, the locker-room drama the "allegedly" happened, and his subsequent 4 or 5 week hibernation from the media after the loss.

After all of that....I'll say this...I still support him, but it's only because he's the head coach--sort of like respecting the rank, not the person. Not that I've lost respect for him as a human being, but I've definitely lost a lot of confidence in him.
I was a Dooley supporter, as a coach, until the Arkansas game. When I watched the players on the team I love quite trying, that spoke volumes to me. As a person, Dooley is great, but as a coach I just can't do it.

I, also, have lost nearly all confidence in Chaney as a OC. I think we are proving that Joe Tiller was the mind behind Brees at Purdue.

So much so that I've done some research on potential Head Coaching candidates in the event that he is not retained at the end of the year....and no, Kirby Smart does not top that list.
As have I. Not that it really matters in the long run, but i too have a list of names that I would love to see here. Kirby Smart falls about 7th on that list (realistic list, no Gruden, Stoops etc.)

I've grown apathetic towards Dooley. I'm waiting to see how the first 3 games (especially the 3rd) go this year to make my mind up. If we lose to Florida again, I truly feel like he's gone--this team is as comparable to their's as you can get. I would even argue that we're better, albeit marginally at best. I think how that game plays out has the potential to be the most important game of Dooley's head coaching career, thus far.

We win...he gets a stay of execution until UGA. We lose...well, I'll say this, he's going to have to beat five of the six of UGA, SC, Miss State, Mizzou, Vandy, & UK to keep his job.

We have one unrealistic win on the schedule, Bama. An 8-4 record next year, while an improvement, is still a failure, IMO. Dooley has to show that he can beat someone with similar talent. UF and USC have comparable talent. UGA has slightly better talent.

If you say so.

After all of that....I'll say this...I still support him, but it's only because he's the head coach--sort of like respecting the rank, not the person. Not that I've lost respect for him as a human being, but I've definitely lost a lot of confidence in him as a Head Coach.

JMO....

Damnit...looks like I just did exactly what I said I am ridiculously tired of...my bad fellas. :hi:

When you love UT and take a hard, honest look then it's hard not to feel the way you and many others do.

I also, have lost nearly all confidence in Chaney as a OC. I think we are proving that Joe Tiller was the mind behind Brees at Purdue.

AMEN!

As have I. Not that it really matters in the long run, but i too have a list of names that I would love to see here. Kirby Smart falls about 7th on that list (realistic list, no Gruden, Stoops etc.)

Why not Gruden. I listened to him last Friday on the local call in show and he sounded like he was campaigning to come here to coach should something happen to CDD. I think CJG has a nice ring?:ermm:

AMEN!

Why not Gruden. I listened to him last Friday on the local call in show and he sounded like he was campaigning to come here to coach should something happen to CDD. I think CJG has a nice ring?:ermm:

Gruden would be an amazing hire... and then I'd wake up from the dream.

Until Gruden comes out and campaigns for another HC gig, he seems content to stay at ESPN. But damn, if Gruden ever expressed the tiniest amount of interest in the job, you get him. Like today.

Gruden would be an amazing hire... and then I'd wake up from the dream.

Until Gruden comes out and campaigns for another HC gig, he seems content to stay at ESPN. But damn, if Gruden ever expressed the tiniest amount of interest in the job, you get him. Like today.

Making a call.....

But seriously, the conversation that he had with the radio boys had me wide eyed.:blink:

I was a Dooley supporter, as a coach, until the Arkansas game. When I watched the players on the team I love quite trying, that spoke volumes to me. As a person, Dooley is great, but as a coach I just can't do it.

Fortunately for me, I was unable to watch all of the Arkansas game. When I finally was able to turn it on, the very first..and I mean FIRST effing play I saw was Joe Adams make a mockery of our ST's. I put the remote down and went back to my business.

I've learned its better for my daughter to not see her Daddy scream and cuss and yell.

I, also, have lost nearly all confidence in Chaney as a OC. I think we are proving that Joe Tiller was the mind behind Brees at Purdue.

Chaney...eh...I think our offense is too pass-heavy but I also think it got better when he was forced to run the ball more when Bray went down. Out best rushing efforts were against some of the toughest D's we played...go figure. I suppose I see your point, but Chaney had one hand tied behind his back after Hunter went down--not making excuses for him, that's just the way I see it. Very few complaints were made about the offense when we were putting points on the board and throwing it all over the field.

We have one unrealistic win on the schedule, Bama. An 8-4 record next year, while an improvement, is still a failure, IMO. Dooley has to show that he can beat someone with similar talent. UF and USC have comparable talent. UGA has slightly better talent.

At this point I'll take 8-4. While I am definitely not happy about an 8 win season, compared to our history, at this point...its a winning season.

Gruden is a pipe-dream. He's declined to interview for NFL HC openings, I see no reason why he'd forgo that to come to UT.

VN Store

Back