A boy named Trayvon Martin is shot and killed by neighborhood watch goon

So because it's happens everyday, it's not big deal. I'm just saying how I hate how the media is jumping all over this.

I mean the national media didn't jump on the Christian/Newsom murders in Knoxville. I would be willing to bet if that case had been the other way around, all the major news stations would have been covering it.

One example - there's another - that one referenced a difference case but its still the same point.

Zimmerman says he does not know the race of the person at the start of the call. It was only when TM started walking toward him that Zimmerman was able to answer the dispatchers question about race.

Kind of takes race out of the reason for the call huh?

Here's some info I found interesting:

"There's a specific TN or federal statute (can't recall it) that says you can't instigate or invite a confrontation, and then use deadly force. Meaning, if you challenge someone into an altercation, you can't then claim a right of self-defense. If something is similarly in place in FL, I don't know how you could successfully argue that following him - especially when he admitted as much, and was told not to do so - wasn't inviting a confrontation.

And that Z was armed, which the rules of Neighborhood Watch specifically prohibit, seems to indicate that he was not only beyond whatever bounds (however informal or unimportant their rules may be, from a legal sense) it required, but was acting as a vigilante, instead. If this guy wasn't a member of Neighborhood Watch and this situation unfolded, where he was following a guy after being told not to do so, and it lead to a fatal shooting, you'd think he'd have to have some infallibly tangible proof as to why he used deadly force, or he'd be in a cell somewhere. Wouldn't he?

Here's an excellent overview of TN's deadly force laws, which I presume are closely aligned with FL's as they share recoproctiy, from a Nashville-based law firm: Nashville Criminal Lawyers Explain Self Defense in Tennessee: When can I use Deadly Force for Protection?"

Here's some info I found interesting:

"There's a specific TN or federal statute (can't recall it) that says you can't instigate or invite a confrontation, and then use deadly force. Meaning, if you challenge someone into an altercation, you can't then claim a right of self-defense. If something is similarly in place in FL, I don't know how you could successfully argue that following him - especially when he admitted as much, and was told not to do so - wasn't inviting a confrontation.

And that Z was armed, which the rules of Neighborhood Watch specifically prohibit, seems to indicate that he was not only beyond whatever bounds (however informal or unimportant their rules may be, from a legal sense) it required, but was acting as a vigilante, instead. If this guy wasn't a member of Neighborhood Watch and this situation unfolded, where he was following a guy after being told not to do so, and it lead to a fatal shooting, you'd think he'd have to have some infallibly tangible proof as to why he used deadly force, or he'd be in a cell somewhere. Wouldn't he?Here's an excellent overview of TN's deadly force laws, which I presume are closely aligned with FL's as they share recoproctiy, from a Nashville-based law firm: Nashville Criminal Lawyers Explain Self Defense in Tennessee: When can I use Deadly Force for Protection?"

The most important line of that post as Zimmerman is NOT in jail. Can you not grasp that Bass?

Take race out of it. He still killed a kid who really didn't do anythjng wrong other than protect himself.

Not sure thats murder maybe 2nd degree or manslaughter.

Zimmermans incorrect bias led to the kids death. He should pay for that.

The idiots like Sharpton and them are worse than zimmerman.

Reactions: 1 person
The most important line of that post as Zimmerman is NOT in jail. Can you not grasp that Bass?

First of all the article you posted yesterday was garbage. You claimed Zimmerman was cool and collected. He wasn't, he followed the kid and cussed. So you clearly are biased here.

Reactions: 1 person
Take race out of it. He still killed a kid who really didn't do anythjng wrong other than protect himself.

Not sure thats murder maybe 2nd degree or manslaughter.

Zimmermans incorrect bias led to the kids death. He should pay for that.

The idiots like Sharpton and them are worse than zimmerman.

Show me any evidence that Zimmerman was the aggressor or started any physical confrontation with TM. Eyewitnesses say it was TM.
You say take race out and then insert bias.

VN Store

Back