A boy named Trayvon Martin is shot and killed by neighborhood watch goon

Sadly, this is one of those times when I realize how old I am. Of course you guys don't see what the big deal is . . . but I'm telling you, the negative connotation is there.

The problem is, this guy was looking for someone doing something wrong. Just seems like he was paranoid and had nothing better to do with his time. If you sit around looking for people doing something wrong, how often are you going to find it? Cops have the luxury of pulling people over and smelling weed or seeing drugs in their car. This guy just sat around looking at people.

Sorry, but it's sad that the biggest threat he could find is a kid looking at houses in a hoodie. At some point, you shouldn't be allowed to call the cops if that's what you're calling them for. Four times a month he calls and says "There is a kid looking at houses". Who cares... get a friggin life. If he had a life, that kid would till be alive.

Sadly, this is one of those times when I realize how old I am. Of course you guys don't see what the big deal is . . . but I'm telling you, the negative connotation is there.

I'll go along with this. Not looking forward to the day that my mindset will be similar. Until then, I'll make sure I stay off your lawn :)

Why did it take so long? I still contend if a 26 year old Black man had been driving around "protecting" his neighborhood and shot a 17 year old White kid visiting his father, he would have been arrested pending the outcome of the investigation.

You can also look at it as if it was a 26 year old black male who killed a 17 year old white kid, then there wouldn't be nearly as much national attention going on at the moment.

The problem is, this guy was looking for someone doing something wrong. Just seems like he was paranoid and had nothing better to do with his time. If you sit around looking for people doing something wrong, how often are you going to find it? Cops have the luxury of pulling people over and smelling weed or seeing drugs in their car. This guy just sat around looking at people.

Sorry, but it's sad that the biggest threat he could find is a kid looking at houses in a hoodie. At some point, you shouldn't be allowed to call the cops if that's what you're calling them for. Four times a month he calls and says "There is a kid looking at houses". Who cares... get a friggin life. If he had a life, that kid would till be alive.
He definitely never should have confronted the guy if he wasn't specifically threatening his property . . . Should have called the cops and let them check it out.

I'll go along with this. Not looking forward to the day that my mindset will be similar. Until then, I'll make sure I stay off your lawn :)

What can I say? 2 kids and a house changes your world view.

You can also look at it as if it was a 26 year old black male who killed a 17 year old white kid, then there wouldn't be nearly as much national attention going on at the moment.

Because it happens everyday except they're not protecting any neighborhood.

Because it happens everyday except they're not protecting any neiborhood.

So because it's happens everyday, it's not big deal. I'm just saying how I hate how the media is jumping all over this.

I mean the national media didn't jump on the Christian/Newsom murders in Knoxville. I would be willing to bet if that case had been the other way around, all the major news stations would have been covering it.

....you're right.

The shooter would be in jail by now.

It'll be nice when we can finally get to the bottom of this. All we know now is Zimmerman called the cops, got out of his car(which i agree he shouldn't have done since he was instructed not to). There's another 911 tape from a woman in her house calling about someone screaming, but we do not know if it's zimmerman or martin screaming.

There's also an eyewitness saying it was Zimmerman that was being beat by Martin.

Zimmerman called 911 and told dispatchers he was following a teen. The dispatcher told Zimmerman not to.

And from that moment to the shooting, details are few.

But one man's testimony could be key for the police.

"The guy on the bottom who had a red sweater on was yelling to me: 'help, help…and I told him to stop and I was calling 911," he said.

Trayvon Martin was in a hoodie; Zimmerman was in red.

The witness only wanted to be identified as "John," and didn't not want to be shown on camera.

His statements to police were instrumental, because police backed up Zimmerman's claims, saying those screams on the 911 call are those of Zimmerman.

"When I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point," John said.

Zimmerman says the shooting was self defense. According to information released on the Sanford city website, Zimmerman said he was going back to his SUV when he was attacked by the teen.

Sanford police say Zimmerman was bloody in his face and head, and the back of his shirt was wet and had grass stains, indicating a struggle took place before the shooting

Witness: Martin attacked Zimmerman

Don't you think it's a little suspicious for somebody to just stand and look at a house. (Not referring to this story) but wouldn't you call the cops if you look outside and night and just see somebody standing around looking at houses? That's suspicious activity to me.

Don't you think it's a little suspicious for somebody to just stand and look at a house. (Not referring to this story) but wouldn't you call the cops if you look outside and night and just see somebody standing around looking at houses? That's suspicious activity to me.
i'd call if someone was looking at mine or my neighbors house. there is a difference if they just look quick while walking. but if they stop and stare then yeah i'm calling police.

i'd call if someone was looking at mine or my neighbors house. there is a difference if they just look quick while walking. but if they stop and stare then yeah i'm calling police.

Exactly. That's my point. If I look outside my house at night and see somebody standing around looking at somebody's house on my street, then I will call the police for suspicious activity. But if they are just walking minding their own business, then I won't think anything of it.

Exactly. That's my point. If I look outside my house at night and see somebody standing around looking at somebody's house on my street, then I will call the police for suspicious activity. But if they are just walking minding their own business, then I won't think anything of it.
Did you see that row of houses? It's not illogical to think he was trying to find his dad's house.

1275389857_naked-gun-facepalm-1.gif

VN Store

Back