'13 GA CB Shaq Wiggins (Transferring to UT)

This upcoming year will tell a lot about the future of AU and Chizik. With all the players returning and getting a pretty good schdule I counted 6 for sure wins, 3 toss up gmaes, and 2 for sure loses. Counting the bowl game if Au doesn't win 9 games this year Chizik will be on the hot seat.

Lets see here, because I believe I can help you with the outlook.

Clemson(GA Dome)=loss
MSU@=toss up
ULM=win
LSU=loss
Ark=loss
Ole Miss@=win
Vandy@=toss up
aTm=loss
NMS=win
UGA=loss
AL A&M=win
UA@=loss

overall record(spliting the difference for tossups)=5-7, prob 6-6, at best 7-5

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think the staff should give up on this one. Recruiting is ever-changing, as we all know.

I think we're in on better prospects and DB isn't a need. Wiggins is good but if we could pull Bell, Ryan White, Ramsey, hold on to Mack Alexander we'll be fine. Wiggins wouldn't play early here. He's good player though just somewhat limited by his size.

I think we're in on better prospects and DB isn't a need. Wiggins is good but if we could pull Bell, Ryan White, Ramsey, hold on to Mack Alexander we'll be fine. Wiggins wouldn't play early here. He's good player though just somewhat limited by his size.

While I do agree, they've got to keep the options open. I do think Bell and Ramsey end up Vols.

Reactions: 1 person

Although I'm suprised by this commitment, if there is one area we will have several to choose from this year it's the secondary. It should end up all top-end prospects.

Damn right I did. You boys and them lizards can keep trying, but it'll do you no good. :)

This kid is ready to GATA on the recruiting trail for the Dawgs. I hope he does still visit UT, who else is visiting on the 3rd? Von Bell?

Wiggins isn't the end all at CB man. I'm willing to bet we've got a CB committed that is a bit better. What would be funny is if he comes up here and gets flipped. I would love to hear you after that Dawg.

Wiggins isn't the end all at CB man. I'm willing to bet we've got a CB committed that is a bit better. What would be funny is if he comes up here and gets flipped. I would love to hear you after that Dawg.

This. Though, to say Alexander is a bit better than Wiggins is an understatement

This. Though, to say Alexander is a bit better than Wiggins is an understatement

I won't dog the kid but we are in on two CBs(Alexander and Ramsey) that are ahead of him. And Ryan White is another one that's a step above Shaq. I do wish him well though. Will be a fine little slot CB. If Georgia puts him on the outside vs us Croom will have a field day with his friend checking him(sorry but it's the truth).

I won't dog the kid but we are in on two CBs(Alexander and Ramsey) that are ahead of him. And Ryan White is another one that's a step above Shaq. I do wish him well though. Will be a fine little slot CB. If Georgia puts him on the outside vs us Croom will have a field day with his friend checking him(sorry but it's the truth).

You aren't underestimating him as badly as 2013, but to say he will be a "nice little slot CB" pretty much reeks of you looking at his stats, seeing that he is 5'9", and drawing your conclusion right there.

He is a fantastic cover CB, probably the best cover skills in the SE. Definitely will be a boundary or field and while he may play some nickel, he is unlikely to be the starter there. I do think Alexander is a better corner prospect, but Wiggins doesn't give up much, if anything, to Jalen. Ryan White is good, but he is a poor man's Shaq, IMO.

You aren't underestimating him as badly as 2013, but to say he will be a "nice little slot CB" pretty much reeks of you looking at his stats, seeing that he is 5'9", and drawing your conclusion right there.

He is a fantastic cover CB, probably the best cover skills in the SE. Definitely will be a boundary or field and while he may play some nickel, he is unlikely to be the starter there. I do think Alexander is a better corner prospect, but Wiggins doesn't give up much, if anything, to Jalen. Ryan White is good, but he is a poor man's Shaq, IMO.

Ryan White is a poor man's Shaq. Hahahaha I'm about done here. When we get done fading him up don't say anything. He can have wonderful cover skills but these other guys are bigger, hit harder, jump higher, and have just as good if not better cover skills. Good luck with Wiggins though. Hope he plays well for you outside of our game.

SN: Ryan White may be the most underrated DB I've seen so far.

He pretty much was until the night before signing day. We pulled the bacon out of the fire on that one, awesome job the coaches, and one very awesome booster. :)

So, you saying the Rocky Top Fund is alive and well? LOL But yeah he was a dawggie NSD eve.

As far as Bell, he would ALREADY be a vol if one particular coach had just called him back before the other offers came rolling in. :banghead2:

Why does everyone feel the need to belittle any recruit's abilities if they don't pick their school? This recruitment isn't over and these same guys will be all jolly and he will be the greatest again if he flips. sheesh.

Reactions: 2 people
Ryan White is a poor man's Shaq. Hahahaha I'm about done here. When we get done fading him up don't say anything. He can have wonderful cover skills but these other guys are bigger, hit harder, jump higher, and have just as good if not better cover skills. Good luck with Wiggins though. Hope he plays well for you outside of our game.

SN: Ryan White may be the most underrated DB I've seen so far.

White and Wiggins are almost the same size. Both 5'9"-5'10", Wiggins needs to put on some weight, but no point worrying about a few pounds in HS on a CB. They are both shutdown cover corners, though IMO and many others, Shaq has the best cover skills in the SE. Very similar players, but one is doing against GA competition, one is against KY...hence why I have a bit more confidence in the skills of one vs the other. No slight on the kid, not saying he sucks, just saying one inspires a bit more confidence.

Anyway, just pointing out that you are drastically underrating Shaq. Not too surprising that I would find that here since he didn't commit to UT, but still gonna toss my :twocents: in. I am sure that every DB that commits to UT will still be better than Wiggins when the dust settles...

Also, I agree that White is probably the most underrated DB I have seen. He will be a 4* and is currently unrated by any major service. Good call. :hi:

White and Wiggins are almost the same size. Both 5'9"-5'10", Wiggins needs to put on some weight, but no point worrying about a few pounds in HS on a CB. They are both shutdown cover corners, though IMO and many others, Shaq has the best cover skills in the SE. Very similar players, but one is doing against GA competition, one is against KY...hence why I have a bit more confidence in the skills of one vs the other. No slight on the kid, not saying he sucks, just saying one inspires a bit more confidence.

Anyway, just pointing out that you are drastically underrating Shaq. Not too surprising that I would find that here since he didn't commit to UT, but still gonna toss my :twocents: in. I am sure that every DB that commits to UT will still be better than Wiggins when the dust settles...

Also, I agree that White is probably the most underrated DB I have seen. He will be a 4* and is currently unrated by any major service. Good call. :hi:

White went up to Ohio against some of the best HS programs in the country from in that state and they couldn't even throw on him. If you go back through my posts I've liked White ahead of Wiggins the whole time. No slight on Wiggins but White can do more from the CB spot. I see Wiggins as a slower version of Jabari Greer right now. Or he's like a HS version of PWagg just shorter.

Shaq Wiggins is not a better CornerBack than Ryan White. Let me repeat. Shaq Wiggins IS NOT a better CornerBack than Ryan White. That is all.

Last edited:
He pretty much was until the night before signing day. We pulled the bacon out of the fire on that one, awesome job the coaches, and one very awesome booster. :)

Not true at all. Don't know where you got your resources, but his mother said off the record he was a Vol ever since he visited in the summer.

VN Store

Back