Tennessee at Kentucky 7:00 p.m. ET on ESPNU

I dunno but that kid was dog cussing us and our team and I turned around and said Hello pot meet kettle. It was a retort to him telling us to get our hillbily (profanity laced tirade outt here) then ehen I responded your real classy. His mother said he is 17 and he will hip your (you know what) and said if you hit him back youll go to jail. She then reeled out a Vols suck. So we were like nice to see you dont dispell perception of KY fans tou just confirmed it. Now while no one else around were rude they ribbed ys. Thats fine in playfulness. Now you have to know that 17 year old dude was like 5'11" and like 310 and gonna call someone a hillbilly. He was going off about McBees looking stupid. Im like check yourself and your team kid. Davis has McDonalds golden arches for a unibrow. Well pulling in driveway now at 12:45 am at least is National Signing Day. Sucks thougj I have to get up for work at 6 am in morning. Good night VOLNATION & Go Vols!

Sorry you had a bad experience, there are always a few bad apples...I always surprise everyone in Lexington when they ask about how I'm treated when I go to Neyland or TBA because I can't recall ever having a bad experience.

Willie Cauley C 7-0/225 6
Archie Goodwin SG 6-4/181 2
Alex Poythress PF 6-8/215 8

Add the No.1 overall Shabazz Muhammad and that's four guys in the top 8...so I think they'll be pretty good next year, but they'll be even better in 2013...

No 1 hasn't committed dont start counting chickens already. And that is only 4 guys to the 7 you lose who will be the rest will they be 5* too? Davis isn't an every year guy either u can find he is a once in awhile find and is worth a few wins himself IMO. Also, no senior leadership next year will be a problem IMO then again maybe not.

Last edited:
No 1 hasn't committed dont start counting chickens already. And that is only 4 guys to the 7 you lose who will be the rest will they be 5* too? Davis isn't an every year guy either u can find he is a once in awhile find and is worth a few wins himself IMO. Also, no senior leadership next year will be a problem IMO then again maybe not.

I agree about the senior leadership, they'll have Jon Hood but...come on...he's Skylar McBee. Smart money says Teague is coming back, so he can run point again and Shabazz works as a 2 guard. Davis is irreplaceable, due largely to the fact that he is a robot. I hope MKG comes back, I don’t think he’s made his mind up yet. UK fans will just have to learn that sophomores will be the leaders on these teams as long as Cal is here. They have a few guys who can play that may be around 4 years (Wiltjer, 2013 4* D. Willis) but largely his teams will be supremely talented and also quite young.

I would like to see a rule similar to MLB, you can go to NBA after HS but if you choose to go to college you’re there for 3 years…we’ll see what the NBA hacks out on that front.

I agree about the senior leadership, they'll have Jon Hood but...come on...he's Skylar McBee. Smart money says Teague is coming back, so he can run point again and Shabazz works as a 2 guard. Davis is irreplaceable, due largely to the fact that he is a robot. I hope MKG comes back, I don’t think he’s made his mind up yet. UK fans will just have to learn that sophomores will be the leaders on these teams as long as Cal is here. They have a few guys who can play that may be around 4 years (Wiltjer, 2013 4* D. Willis) but largely his teams will be supremely talented and also quite young.

I would like to see a rule similar to MLB, you can go to NBA after HS but if you choose to go to college you’re there for 3 years…we’ll see what the NBA hacks out on that front.

I would like that rule but if it was in place you wouldn't have Davis, gilchrist, jones or probably Teague. I remember uk fans saying orton wouldn't leave either as a freshman, money talks and all 5 underclass men are projecte top 20 last I saw. It'll be interesting to see but I'll take my chances with any UK team starting wiltjer and/or good. You lose Davis and gilchrist those guys aren't easily replaceable at some point a guy or 2 will be a bust JMO. Well see.

I would like that rule but if it was in place you wouldn't have Davis, gilchrist, jones or probably Teague. I remember uk fans saying orton wouldn't leave either as a freshman, money talks and all 5 underclass men are projecte top 20 last I saw. It'll be interesting to see but I'll take my chances with any UK team starting wiltjer and/or good. You lose Davis and gilchrist those guys aren't easily replaceable at some point a guy or 2 will be a bust JMO. Well see.

That's true, the upper crust of talent would be watered down but I would still trust Cal to get the best of the rest. As for Orton, I think his decision to leave was biased more on them knowing Kanter would be in next year and he would ride the pine all year in his second year. There was also some tension inside the locker room with Orton, he had stopped going to class...he was a Billy G recruit and never really fit in. You may be right about Teague, if he needs the money I wouldn't blame him for leaving. I think a few more years under Cal's system would help him earn a lot more but there are other things to consider.

Overall good problems to have, not complaining

That's true, the upper crust of talent would be watered down but I would still trust Cal to get the best of the rest. As for Orton, I think his decision to leave was biased more on them knowing Kanter would be in next year and he would ride the pine all year in his second year. There was also some tension inside the locker room with Orton, he had stopped going to class...he was a Billy G recruit and never really fit in. You may be right about Teague, if he needs the money I wouldn't blame him for leaving. I think a few more years under Cal's system would help him earn a lot more but there are other things to consider.

Overall good problems to have, not complaining

my point being i feel much better about our chances against UK with a lineup that doesnt have davis or gilchrist and has 0 senior leadership on it. i UK misses on muhammed it could definitely be an interesting thing to watch with the roster for UK next year. i still stand by my opinion cal would be best served getting a couple top guys and a couple guys who will stick around a few years so they can build chemistry and gain experience. i still think the 1st team without patterson or stevenson, and last years without liggins, harrelson or miller and your looking at a different season for UK, same could be said about this year with miller again. next years team will be the first without major contributors on it who are upper classmen should prove interesting on the theory of can a team full of 1 and dones win it all.

You dont know who's coming back so why so much talk about how questionable UK will be next year? I guarantee (but you wont admit) that you and every other person in America was shocked when Jones came back. He may be back next year, Lamb might be back, Teague will probably be back. UK isnt losing the entire team. And what happens if they do? They'll still be a top 10 team contending for a title. Next years PG is a transfer from NC State and he's training with the team running the practices just like he's playing. Cal doesnt have off years. Freshmen can win right out of the block, Stokes is doing pretty well for you isnt he? And didnt John Wall's team do pretty well? Sorry, I love Patterson but he barely did anything that season.

You dont know who's coming back so why so much talk about how questionable UK will be next year? I guarantee (but you wont admit) that you and every other person in America was shocked when Jones came back. He may be back next year, Lamb might be back, Teague will probably be back. UK isnt losing the entire team. And what happens if they do? They'll still be a top 10 team contending for a title. Next years PG is a transfer from NC State and he's training with the team running the practices just like he's playing. Cal doesnt have off years. Freshmen can win right out of the block, Stokes is doing pretty well for you isnt he? And didnt John Wall's team do pretty well? Sorry, I love Patterson but he barely did anything that season.

you are a troll that is in denial. if you think cal doesnt have off years maybe you should take a look at his tenure at memphis there genius...and no i wasnt really that shocked for jones to come back, hes stupid thats what stupid people do, make stupid decision. im sure you didnt everyone from cal's first team going pro either so dont say that you did. the point is nobody knows, but at this point all 5 underclassmen are projected top 20, and cal made a statement recently that he is going about recruiting like he is losing 7 guys to the draft this year. maybe you should get your head out of your a$$ and pay attention.

will they all leave, who knows, but you sitting here making it sound like multiple guys will return is pure speculation on your part with no proof.

and the fact that you are going to try and make harrow out to be the next wall, knight or teague is freaking laughable. if he was that good he wouldnt have chosen to sit out a year and transfer he would have entered a very weak nba draft last year. he cant shoot from 3, isnt all that good from 2 and has a pretty ugly ast:to ration. there is a reason he was the 5th best player on a crappy nc state team. im just saying if you expect this kid to be the next wall or knight or even teague you are most likely going to be very dissapointed.

Last edited:
you are a troll that is in denial. if you think cal doesnt have off years maybe you should take a look at his tenure at memphis there genius...and no i wasnt really that shocked for jones to come back, hes stupid thats what stupid people do, make stupid decision. im sure you didnt everyone from cal's first team going pro either so dont say that you did. the point is nobody knows, but at this point all 5 underclassmen are projected top 20, and cal made a statement recently that he is going about recruiting like he is losing 7 guys to the draft this year. maybe you should get your head out of your a$$ and pay attention.

will they all leave, who knows, but you sitting here making it sound like multiple guys will return is pure speculation on your part with no proof.

and the fact that you are going to try and make harrow out to be the next wall, knight or teague is freaking laughable. if he was that good he wouldnt have chosen to sit out a year and transfer he would have entered a very weak nba draft last year. he cant shoot from 3, isnt all that good from 2 and has a pretty ugly ast:to ration. there is a reason he was the 5th best player on a crappy nc state team. im just saying if you expect this kid to be the next wall or knight or even teague you are most likely going to be very dissapointed.

A UT fan that thinks he knows more about UK than I do. How does one respond to someone who thinks they know more about a team that they hate and supposedly care nothing about?

Yeah, Harrow is going to be solid. In fact, I bet he'll be better than Teague. Since you know more about my state and program than I do, I'm sure you heard Cal tell the media that he's quicker than Teague and a better shooter. Its hilarious how you think you can judge a kids ability from how he played at the previous school from where he transferred from. And its even more hilarious that you really think you're a better judge of talent than a div-1 coach thats currently #1 in the nation? :eek:lol:

Yeah, if Cal recruited him to lead the team next year, but you say he sucks......well, I guess UK is screwed. Fire Cal!

A UT fan that thinks he knows more about UK than I do. How does one respond to someone who thinks they know more about a team that they hate and supposedly care nothing about?

Yeah, Harrow is going to be solid. In fact, I bet he'll be better than Teague. Since you know more about my state and program than I do, I'm sure you heard Cal tell the media that he's quicker than Teague and a better shooter. Its hilarious how you think you can judge a kids ability from how he played at the previous school from where he transferred from. And its even more hilarious that you really think you're a better judge of talent than a div-1 coach thats currently #1 in the nation? :eek:lol:

Yeah, if Cal recruited him to lead the team next year, but you say he sucks......well, I guess UK is screwed. Fire Cal!

i didnt say i know more about you im simply stating have you not heard that cal is expecting to lose 7 guys? most people have heard this and either you are in denial or just hadnt heard it i was curious which.

can you provide a link with calipari saying that he's both quicker and a BETTER SHOOTER than teague because i cant find one. he calls him quick and says that his offensive awareness is very high but ive seen nothing about him complementing his shooting. In fact, both Harrow and UK media claim that he needs to work on his shot as he shot 22% from 3 at nc state. once again i never said he wouldnt be good quit putting words in my mouth but the fact your saying hes better than teague and comparing him to knight and wall is insane.

once again where did i say he sucks??? why do you have to lower yourself to putting words in my mouth and saying i said things i didnt. i never said he sucks simply pointed out that he doesnt shoot well from the permiter and his ast:to ratio is a bit high, look it up UK media both said the same thing. this isnt me saying that he sucks simply saying that comparing him to wall, knight and saying is better than teague is nothing short of asinine.

You're right, you didnt say he sucked. You said "the fact that you are going to try and make harrow out to be the next wall, knight or teague is freaking laughable. if he was that good he wouldnt have chosen to sit out a year and transfer".

Harrow isnt Wall, but he'll be better than Teague, and thats going by things that Cal has said. As for links- I'm not spending 30 mins looking up stuff that Cal said. And is it THAT far fetched? Teague cant shoot, cant drive and is the weak link on the team.

Like I said, Cal is the king of spotting talent. He's been getting the #1 PG every season, I doubt he wants to take a year off and go after a kid thats not as talented as what he's had or could have. If he thinks Harrow can lead the team, I believe him. Why shouldnt I?

I though Brandon Knight would stay, I was 50/50 on Lamb and I though Jones would go. Honestly, we could have used Brandon on this team but not as a PG, Teague has done a pretty good job managing the game - so long as you don't ask him to score. What is really scary for the SEC teams is that 2013 #1 recruit Nerlens Noel (C) has reclassified to 2012 and UK is a leader. If UK lands Shabazz and Noel records will be set.

You're right, you didnt say he sucked. You said "the fact that you are going to try and make harrow out to be the next wall, knight or teague is freaking laughable. if he was that good he wouldnt have chosen to sit out a year and transfer".

Harrow isnt Wall, but he'll be better than Teague, and thats going by things that Cal has said. As for links- I'm not spending 30 mins looking up stuff that Cal said. And is it THAT far fetched? Teague cant shoot, cant drive and is the weak link on the team.

Like I said, Cal is the king of spotting talent. He's been getting the #1 PG every season, I doubt he wants to take a year off and go after a kid thats not as talented as what he's had or could have. If he thinks Harrow can lead the team, I believe him. Why shouldnt I?

Yes that's what I said not that he sucked, that if he was as good as even teague last year that he'd have gone the NBA rout and not decided to sit this year out and transfer. I'm willing to bet that you can't find any mock drafts from last year that had him projected to go as a lottery pick can you, teagues projected to be one and this draft is much stronger.

Your not going to look it up because it doesn't exist my brother. Cal has never called this kid a great shooter, because if he did that would just be a bad samtatement on his part. Look at the numbers of what they've both done their freshman years, Teague is a better shooter % wise, and has a much better t:a ratio than harrow did.

You should do some research. There's a good article I read last night talking about cal getting harrow and why he did. Cal wasn't going to pull in a top 100 pg prospect this year, the pg position wasn't all that deep and get this, a couple of the PG he was going after committed elsewhere, so he jumped in harrow. It's not cals style to bring in transfers and sit them out a year you should know this, but this really was his best choice as far as a PG goes for next year. Once again I've not said harrow sucks but the fact you compared him to walk or knight and are saying he I going to be better than Teague is just dumb. Show me something from cal saying he is going to be a better PG than Teague, remember Cal isn't gonna sign harrow then say well I would have truly liked player A instead but when he committed to another school I had to find te best available and harrow was that. This will be the worst PG Cal has had leading his team in probably 5 years (Teague, knight, wall, Evans and rose). Once again not saying he sucks but these guys were all one and dones(Teague?), if harrow had the talent of any of these guys he'd be in the NBA.

Found the article:

http://www.kentucky.com/2011/06/12/1772066/next-cats-ryan-harrow-to-enjoy.html

Last edited:
I though Brandon Knight would stay, I was 50/50 on Lamb and I though Jones would go. Honestly, we could have used Brandon on this team but not as a PG, Teague has done a pretty good job managing the game - so long as you don't ask him to score. What is really scary for the SEC teams is that 2013 #1 recruit Nerlens Noel (C) has reclassified to 2012 and UK is a leader. If UK lands Shabazz and Noel records will be set.

I hadn't heard that yet, that has UK written all over it haha. Was really looking forward to not seeing a freak shot blocker there again, supposedly he's the best shot blocker in year, wtf!

With that's said IF which I still a big IF you get both, don't count records already. The wall and cousins class was disgusting and this team currently is about as talented as it gets, I don't see how it can be much better haha.

Last edited:
I hadn't heard that yet, that has UK written all over it haha. Was really looking forward to not seeing a freak shot blocker there again, supposedly he's the best shot blocker in year, wtf!

With that's said IF which I still a big IF you get both, don't count records already. The wall and cousins class was disgusting and this team currently is about as talented as it gets, I don't see how it can be much better haha.

I'm not sure how long Cal will be here and I'm not sure what is going to cause him to leave but honestly I don't worry about that now...it's fun to just enjoy the ride. Honestly, I hope UT gets (in football) where UK is now in basketball. It's such an awesome feeling and I have lots of UT friends and hope they get to enjoy it like I do now. It sucks for UT fans that it's a lot easier to rebuild a basketball team than a football team...with AAU it's easier to rank players (football is an educated guess at best) and to try to do it in the SEC...anyway what we have now with Cal is great and I'm just enjoying every minute I can before it's over.

I'm not sure how long Cal will be here and I'm not sure what is going to cause him to leave but honestly I don't worry about that now...it's fun to just enjoy the ride. Honestly, I hope UT gets (in football) where UK is now in basketball. It's such an awesome feeling and I have lots of UT friends and hope they get to enjoy it like I do now. It sucks for UT fans that it's a lot easier to rebuild a basketball team than a football team...with AAU it's easier to rank players (football is an educated guess at best) and to try to do it in the SEC...anyway what we have now with Cal is great and I'm just enjoying every minute I can before it's over.

Until its over or until it's vacated, and technically never happened?

Until its over or until it's vacated, and technically never happened?

UK (and their fans) had a higher risk tolerance after BCG - ultimately I trust UK's revamped (since probation) compliance staff. They know much more about him and his past than I do. They've nixed the recruitment of 'red flag' guys in the past so that is good enough for me. If we get tagged we get tagged. Most big time schools are dirty (UT included) it's a matter of degrees and how well the cover-up is executed.

UK (and their fans) had a higher risk tolerance after BCG - ultimately I trust UK's revamped (since probation) compliance staff. They know much more about him and his past than I do. They've nixed the recruitment of 'red flag' guys in the past so that is good enough for me. If we get tagged we get tagged. Most big time schools are dirty (UT included) it's a matter of degrees and how well the cover-up is executed.

Yea because enes kanter and Eric Bledsoe didn't have red flags, really? There were a few others I can't remember but those ate the first 2 that came to mind. If enes would have played and later been found in eligible there's a vacated season already. Cal will bring in whoever he wants compliance will not tell him he can't recruit a 5* he wants, he'd laugh in their face.

Yea because enes kanter and Eric Bledsoe didn't have red flags, really?

Kanter was recruited because there were similar situations before that had been cleared by the NCAA. And he was cleared to practice by the NCAA- they just decided. TBH I think even Cal knew it was a stab in the dark, but it's not like the kid played 3 years of pro ball. We're talking 9 games. That's just how they do it in Europe; there is no pro basketball.

Bledsoe's alleged "issues" were not raised until after he was cleared by the NCAA and came to UK. And of course, nothing was ever found.

NCAA closes case on Eric Bledsoe transcript | Basketball: Men | Kentucky.com

Bledsoe filed suit, by the way, for the illegal leaking of his transcript to the New York Times. Funny thing is that a suspect for the leak was none other than Richard Pitino (son, not father).

I wouldn't be throwing stones about improprieties. You guys are not innocent.

Yea because enes kanter and Eric Bledsoe didn't have red flags, really? ]

Kanter was recruited because there were similar situations before that had been cleared by the NCAA. And he was cleared to practice by the NCAA- they just decided. TBH I think even Cal knew it was a stab in the dark, but it's not like the kid played 3 years of pro ball. We're talking 9 games. That's just how they do it in Europe; there is no pro basketball.

Bledsoe's alleged "issues" were not raised until after he was cleared by the NCAA and came to UK. And of course, nothing was ever found.

NCAA closes case on Eric Bledsoe transcript | Basketball: Men | Kentucky.com

Bledsoe filed suit, by the way, for the illegal leaking of his transcript to the New York Times. Funny thing is that a suspect for the leak was none other than Richard Pitino (son, not father).

I wouldn't be throwing stones about improprieties. You guys are not innocent.

As usual a UK fan misses the point and reads only what they want. I was responding to the op that cal does still recruit players with red flags, if you wanna act like cal didn't know about Bledsoes issues or kanters pro status that's your choice, I choose to be rational. Cal will recruit guys like rose, dozier and camby while at UK that's how he is he doesn't care abou the red flags, that was the point that you clearly overlooked. Not were Bledsoe and kanter found guilty, but is cal gonna recruit guys with red flags, multiple schools just like with dozier and rose backed off because there were signs, cal chose not to because he doesn't care about red flags.

And I have never claimed we are innocent of anything, we are guilty of BBQ and lying that's correct, it cost our coach his job that is correct. What I wanna know is when will you UK fans be rational, stuck blowing cal, and admit he is shady? You UK fans get on here and defend everyone of his accusations as if it was his first problem. As I have said a million times thee is a reason he is the ONLY coach to have 2 final fours vacated, he gets involved in shady stuff. I'm not hating on his ability to coach and I'm not saying he should be fired, I'm simply saying at what point do you say there's too much smoke for there not to be fire? I know many UK fans who are rational, their thoughts on him are simple as this: the guy I definitely shady and been involved with some stuff, I hope we use him to get back on top and then he leaves before he gets caught. That is a rational stand point you acknowledge that calipari is a shady person, any rational person sees this, you don't have to pretend the guy is god he's winning that's what you want be happy but you don't have to pretend he coach k.

Last edited:
And i think you're missing my point, too, because I was addressing your point pretty directly.

Bledsoe had no red flags before coming to campus.

Kanter wasn't a red flag so much as a "hope they'll clear him because of extinuating circumstances" kind of deal.

Using the terminology "red flag" implies that the player is shady- which clearly is not the case. Maybe we're just arguing over semantics.

And although I have met many "rational" fans who hope that Calipari keeps it clean at Kentucky, I am yet to meet one who thinks that he was responsible for or involved with the Camby or Rose situations in his prior positions.

And i think you're missing my point, too, because I was addressing your point pretty directly.

Kanter wasn't a red flag so much as a "hope they'll clear him because of extinuating circumstances" kind of deal.

Using the terminology "red flag" implies that the player is shady- which clearly is not the case. Maybe we're just arguing over semantics.

And although I have met many "rational" fans who hope that Calipari keeps it clean at Kentucky, I am yet to meet one who thinks that he was responsible for or involved with the Camby or Rose situations in his prior positions.

Agreed

Ok your right hin recruiting dozier when nobody else would wasn't his fault. Him recruiting rose when others saw potential problems wasn't his fault, get real homer. I'm sure it wasn't cals fault at all that roses neither was traveling with the team for free as well that couldn't have been his fault. You are in denial if you think calipari is a clean coach that's laughable at best. As I said quit being a homer, who cares he was dirty your winning which is all UK cares about, just admit you love him for that and hope he does nothing while at UK.

My point about Bledsoe and kanter was this...if either of these guys had played and then the NCAA found out they were in eligible bye bye UK season. Cal knew about kanters issues and made statements that he should be allowed to play and thought he would be cleared. I will also promise there was something fishy about Bledsoes transcript just was never able to have been proven so it didn't hurt him: as I said the fact you are trying to say cal had no idea about all these situations camby, dozier, Evans, rose, Bledsoe, kanter is hysterical he recruits them and he coaches them he knows everything about them.

im not telling you that you what you have to think, but if you think calipari is clean you are dead wrong, its as simple as that. it is PROVEN that many coaches knew about the dozier and rose test situations, yet calipari didnt care. it is proven that cal not only knew about, but gave permission for rose's brother to go along on the road with the team, another clear violation he knew about. it is also clear that this relationship he has with WWW is very shady, and skeptical, and that is a nice way of putting it. it is pretty near proven that wagner & barclay were pushed to memphis by WWW. it must also be pure coincidence that then WWW started building a relationship with the rose family, then the evans family, and then wall? is it coincidence that all 3 of these guys went on to play for calipari? no freaking way. go ahead rant and rave and say that nothing has been proven that is fine if you want to live in a state of denial. all i am saying is that if you truly think that calipari is clean, well thats like thinking that cute blonde you always wanted to be with and finally got isnt a slut :)

Last edited:
You missed my point which was UK employs people smarter than me to run a tight ship. Does that ensure we're fail safe? Obviously not but that is the most I can reasonably ask and the rest we'll deal with if we have to. Until then it's a helluva ride.

you dont think every school has a compliance office? you dont think there were people saying rose has test issues? thats funny though because memphis fans said the same thing about calipari, oh we have compliance people watching him like a hawk:eek:lol:

Last edited:

VN Store

Back