Tennessee at Kentucky 7:00 p.m. ET on ESPNU

Yea because enes kanter and Eric Bledsoe didn't have red flags, really? There were a few others I can't remember but those ate the first 2 that came to mind. If enes would have played and later been found in eligible there's a vacated season already. Cal will bring in whoever he wants compliance will not tell him he can't recruit a 5* he wants, he'd laugh in their face.

My only question is would you be on here organizing a holy war against Lorenzo Romar at Washington, because he recruited him JUST as hard as Cal. I highly doubt anyone would care, and it would be "oh, poor Lorenzo had no idea."

My only question is would you be on here organizing a holy war against Lorenzo Romar at Washington, because he recruited him JUST as hard as Cal. I highly doubt anyone would care, and it would be "oh, poor Lorenzo had no idea."

If Romar had had a history of bringing in people and had 2 final fours vacated and a Washington fan was in here claiming him to be clean you better believe I'd call then out. I didn't arbitrarily do it people are trying to act like cal is a saint on here and you and I both know this isn't true. As I said if Romar had the same history and a Washington fan was on here calling him clean I'd definitely be calling them out and questioning their judgment of people.

Nobody here is saying Cal is a saint, wtf.

Semantics. Lost on some people, obviously.

Nobody here is saying Cal is a saint, wtf.

Semantics. Lost on some people, obviously.

Saying cal has done nothng wrong is pretty much calling the guy a saint. Obviously catching sarcasm is an an area in which you don't excel. Im obviously not seriously calling him a saint, but you all trying to make him out to be as clean as coach K for example was my point.

Saying cal has done nothng wrong is pretty much calling the guy a saint. Obviously catching sarcasm is an an area in which you don't excel. Im obviously not seriously calling him a saint, but you all trying to make him out to be as clean as coach K for example was my point.

So, your homework is to go back and read what I have said in this thread. Until then, I'm done with this. Arguing semantics on the Internet is a ****ing waste of time.

So, your homework is to go back and read what I have said in this thread. Until then, I'm done with this. Arguing semantics on the Internet is a ****ing waste of time.

Seriously? When I was bringing up instances and situations that are red flags or dirty situations you state that calipari did no wrong with camby, rose, kanter or Bledsoe. That is just not true. He was PROVEN to have done wrong with rose, and most feel he knew about camby but that wasn't proven. The other 2 he recruited knowing that there were other things going on that could present an issue down the road. So when you sit here and are arguing that he is clean and knew nothing about these guys o had any involvement you are calling him a clean coach. If he was clean he'd have 3 final fours not 1 and would be considered along with the top coaches. I just don't get how you can honestly debate every situation that he's been involved in and honestly think that he has done nothing wrong. Seriously?

If Romar had had a history of bringing in people and had 2 final fours vacated and a Washington fan was in here claiming him to be clean you better believe I'd call then out. I didn't arbitrarily do it people are trying to act like cal is a saint on here and you and I both know this isn't true. As I said if Romar had the same history and a Washington fan was on here calling him clean I'd definitely be calling them out and questioning their judgment of people.

No, that's not the point I'm making. It's not about the coaches history, it's not about being a "saint," it's about the specific recruits that you mention. Bledsoe, Kanter, Rose, etc., were all highly recruited by MANY schools. What you seem to be implying is that these recruits have "red flags" and are "dirty," therefore they can only be recruited by a scumbag shady coach. However, all of the elite coaches which one would name as "clean" all recruited these kids at one point or another. It's sort of a double standard that you're holding.

If Kanter had played at Washington, it would be "Washington got screwed, no way they could have known. Poor UW." Had it been Cal and UK, the stories would range from Cal possibly buying 60,000 acres of sand in the middle east and giving it to his parents, and they got what they deserved.

Literally 50% of the recruits in every class have red flags, ranging from grades to AAU and agent contacts. If you're going to crucify a coach for taking a chance on a kid with baggage, then open up your scope and look around.

No, that's not the point I'm making. It's not about the coaches history, it's not about being a "saint," it's about the specific recruits that you mention. Bledsoe, Kanter, Rose, etc., were all highly recruited by MANY schools. What you seem to be implying is that these recruits have "red flags" and are "dirty," therefore they can only be recruited by a scumbag shady coach. However, all of the elite coaches which one would name as "clean" all recruited these kids at one point or another. It's sort of a double standard that you're holding.

If Kanter had played at Washington, it would be "Washington got screwed, no way they could have known. Poor UW." Had it been Cal and UK, the stories would range from Cal possibly buying 60,000 acres of sand in the middle east and giving it to his parents, and they got what they deserved.

Literally 50% of the recruits in every class have red flags, ranging from grades to AAU and agent contacts. If you're going to crucify a coach for taking a chance on a kid with baggage, then open up your scope and look around.

I understand what your saying I do but how many final fours does coach k have vacated? Hell how many issues has he eve even had? It's not by luck that this happens it who these coaches choose to recruit simple as that. Cal takes more chances than most coaches out there, he did it web at Memphis. Dozier was a uga lean and then uga backed off after finding out about his teat scores and possible issues, cal didn't back off. Do these guys like rose and kanter get recruited by many schools, absolutely, cal just happened inland most of them and therefore he is the one responsible for them nobody else. As I said I don't remember coach k or Williams going after kanter, rose or dozier but maybe in wrong. As I said I don't think it's pure coincidence that cal gets the majority of these players that have issues, but that's his choice he doesn't have to recruit them, coach k sure doesn't and he's been more successful than calipari. It is his choice who he wants to recruit and if he chooses to recruit iffy guys, well than he has to also deal with the flack that comes with it.

As I said I don't think it's pure coincidence that cal gets the majority of these players that have issues, but that's his choice he doesn't have to recruit them, coach k sure doesn't and he's been more successful than calipari. It is his choice who he wants to recruit and if he chooses to recruit iffy guys, well than he has to also deal with the flack that comes with it.

Well known and documented.

Maggette Admits To Taking Payments - CBS News

I will admit I had forgotten about it, but to the best of my knowledge and comprehension from reading that, nobody knew anything coming out and he was not suspected of anything while being recruited. That is the point that I was making was that guys like dozier and rose, it was well known to everyone that these guys had red flags while being recruited, maggette not so much.

Also, obviously the NCAA found that duke had NO knowledge of any of this or Duke would have been forced to vacate their season. That kind of says something in itself that Calipari was forced to vacate his final four appearances, but not duke in this case.

Then again coach k may have known all along about maggette. I just don't think it's a coincidence that cal is tied to guys like WWW, been involved in shady scandals and been busted giving improper benefits and he is the only coach with 2 final fours vacated. To me that goes hand in hand and is not a coincidence, it tells me Cal goes after guys who may have issues and as long as they can play he doesn't care, he'll take his changes of getting caught. In other words in my opinion calipari cares about one thing an that is himself, he wants to win no matter what. This is all just my opinion and everyone is entitled to their own, this just happens to be mine.

VN Store

Back