Formula 1 Thread

I want to commend the two of you for giving an example of how a message board discussion should be conducted. Each making informed statements, pointing out your disagreements without reverting to personal attacks or name calling. I am impressed with your knowledge of current F1.

My only comment is that Keke Rossberg, whom I watched race, was one of the most talented drivers in F1 all time. His car control was phenomenal.

I must admit that I am impressed with the knowledge of ptclaus and Nerd... Thats not to patronise, It's just that it's portrayed that F1 in the US isn't worthy of a round because it has no fans over here.

Seeing Keke must have been immense! Did you see him at the Glen?

I have a Formula 1 news feed, it's tough watching a race recording when you know who won.

Well, this last season we all knew Vettel was going to win anyways.

Yeah. I go on a media black out until I have viewed and analyzed the race.

Oh btw, I rally don't think the Merc is a race winner. The reason Brawn won in 2009 was through a great interpretation of the rules. Once the others caught up in 09 Brawn was not a race winner.

Also the whole thing with Merc tossing cash at the team does not necessarily make it a good car. Toyota threw mountains of cash at the team and they went pretty much no where.

I must admit that I am impressed with the knowledge of ptclaus and Nerd... Thats not to patronise, It's just that it's portrayed that F1 in the US isn't worthy of a round because it has no fans over here.

I live racing 8 months out of the year and I am VERY opinionated about it. (as you most likely are thinking to yourself right now)

My favorite is the junior formulae. You wanna talk about being crazy. Hard as hell following my boys Rossi, Lewis, and Daly, when only one of them gets any sort of coverage in English. Keep your eye on Michael Lewis. I think he can be the next Mario Andretti.

Last edited:
I live racing 8 months out of the year and I am VERY opinionated about it. (as you most likely are thinking to yourself right now)

My favorite is the junior formulae. You wanna talk about being crazy. Hard as hell following my boys Rossi, Lewis, and Daly, when only one of them gets any sort of coverage in England. Keep your eye on Michael Lewis. I think he can be the next Mario Andretti.

I can see you have strong views, but you are not nasty about it. It's great to know that there are fans like you over there... I am a big Sportscar fan, F1 to me is too commercial and to me it is a fare weather sport which angers me very much. I could and have talked about LM for days on end. It is my life. I will post a picture of my wall in my bedroom on here, you will see what I mean.

I can see you have strong views, but you are not nasty about it. It's great to know that there are fans like you over there... I am a big Sportscar fan, F1 to me is too commercial and to me it is a fare weather sport which angers me very much. I could and have talked about LM for days on end. It is my life. I will post a picture of my wall in my bedroom on here, you will see what I mean.

Don't let the folks at Trackforum hear me say this, but Le Mans is the true Greatest spectacle in racing.

I write a guide to le mans each year which over 5,000 people read. Would you be interested in reading this years edition? It's free...

Search Craig Mcateer le man's LM Google, go to his site and click on the links to get to last years guide or review of le man's.

Don't let the folks at Trackforum hear me say this, but Le Mans is the true Greatest spectacle in racing.

Gasp!!!!!

Mods, please move the politics forum.

Not enough drama and politics in le mans.

Damn fine racing though.

I write a guide to le mans each year which over 5,000 people read. Would you be interested in reading this years edition? It's free...

Search Craig Mcateer le man's LM Google, go to his site and click on the links to get to last years guide or review of le man's.

Link us. I pay more attention to lm cars than the race itself... Ha

He ran a year of Can-Am (2nd iteration) and raced at Mid-Ohio.

F1 fans in the USA are dwarfed by NASCAR fans, but there are more than enough to support a round over here.

Can you translate what is meant by "a draw full of cables"?

Where did you hear that?

A draw full of cables is an expression used to describe the draw that people have in their house that is full of leads and cables from old phones etc that just becomes a tangled mess. Everyone has one right? We all do over here.

Where did you hear that?

A draw full of cables is an expression used to describe the draw that people have in their house that is full of leads and cables from old phones etc that just becomes a tangled mess. Everyone has one right? We all do over here.

It was in your LeMans review, as in "had as many twists and turns as a draw full of cables".

Quite informative, I liked the hour by hour summary the best. Nice photos.

That took me about three weeks to create doing about 3 pages a day, and after having over 5,000 downloads for the guide I only had 87 for the review... So it was a waste of time really, therefore I never did a second version and I decided not to do it again....

VN Store

Back