Formula 1 Thread

Well season is over.

Lots of rumors now.

Kimi to Lotus Renault is confirmed.

McLaren Honda may be back in 2014.

The USGP in Austin may not be happening.

Last edited:
Happy to see Kimi back. An amazing driver for sure. I hope the Lotus Renault can be a competitive car.

Happy to see Kimi back. An amazing driver for sure. I hope the Lotus Renault can be a competitive car.

I think the Lotus Renault would have been except for their forward facing exhausts.

I have never been a Kimi fan, I hated how he would shove marshals after an accident. Just came off as rude.

But, I am curious to see what he can get out of the car.

Yuk, I would rather drink paint stripper than see Kimi back.... No personality, no drive for success, no team player attitude. Waste of space, he had his chance. Same with Scum, just leave, the sport doesn't need them.

Reactions: 1 person
Yuk, I would rather drink paint stripper than see Kimi back.... No personality, no drive for success, no team player attitude. Waste of space, he had his chance. Same with Scum, just leave, the sport doesn't need them.
This is the most tired criticism of Kimi Raikkonen ever. Dude has more character than half the grid. He just doesn't ***** and moan and cry at the top of his lungs like the rest.

This is the most tired criticism of Kimi Raikkonen ever. Dude has more character than half the grid. He just doesn't ***** and moan and cry at the top of his lungs like the rest.

Rubbish in my opinion. Aside from his comments in Brazil 2006... Give me one, just one good example of a show of character. All you can find is a bunch of monotonous speeches from a man who has no idea how lucky he is to be in his position, instead he comes across as extremely ignorant.

Rubbish in my opinion. Aside from his comments in Brazil 2006... Give me one, just one good example of a show of character. All you can find is a bunch of monotonous speeches from a man who has no idea how lucky he is to be in his position, instead he comes across as extremely ignorant.

80563.jpg

Kimi_Drunk.jpg

KIMI makes fun of reporter - YouTube

Kimi Räikkönen funny - I have a diesel and a girl - YouTube

Whenever I've talked to people that actually know Kimi, or know him more than a few press conferences all say that he's a completely different person than he is in front of a camera with tons of mics stuck in his face.

Yeh, we all know he gets battered every night with his mates, but maybe I didn't express myself in the correct way. As a SPORTS personailty he brings nothing, being a pi$$ head and a laugh with his mates doesn't make his personality better. I don't support drivers for thier private life, I support them for their worth ethic, sportsmanship and attitude.... Kimi has none of that...

Rosberg = Best overall package .

Yeh, we all know he gets battered every night with his mates, but maybe I didn't express myself in the correct way. As a SPORTS personailty he brings nothing, being a pi$$ head and a laugh with his mates doesn't make his personality better. I don't support drivers for thier private life, I support them for their worth ethic, sportsmanship and attitude.... Kimi has none of that...

Rosberg = Best overall package .

Oh, wow. Yeah I'm sure dude had to work hard with a WC, team owner, and manager as a father. He's been with an elite quality team and has barely anything to show for it. Had you gone with Robert Kubica or Mark Webber as characters that would have been a good argument. Rosberg is the most vanilla driver on the grid.

Oh, wow. Yeah I'm sure dude had to work hard with a WC, team owner, and manager as a father. He's been with an elite quality team and has barely anything to show for it. Had you gone with Robert Kubica or Mark Webber as characters that would have been a good argument. Rosberg is the most vanilla driver on the grid.

I gotta agree. I like Nico, but I think he lacks that last little bit.

For the record I don't think Kimi is a great personality outside of getting drunk, and James Hunt did that far better than Kimi did. IMO, jmo, HMO.

Really, What has Webber done? Won a couple of races that were handed to him? Kubica is good but not IMO as good as Rosberg. What has Rosberg done, well he has outperformed Scum in almost every quali session and race. HE DOES NOT DRIVE FOR AN ELITE QUALITY TEAM. MERCEDES ARE NOT ELITE. The only Elite teams on the grid, are Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull... None of the other cars are anywhere near capable of winning races...

Did you see Rosberg in his lower Formula like F3 and GP2, he was absolutley oustanding.. Especially as his competition was some of the best F3 had ever seen at the time.

Anyway, no hard feelings, just a debate.. I don't want a fight...

The trouble with F1 is that its such a big margin between the top middle and bottom that comparing drivers is much harder than in lower formula... You can only judge F1 drivers by how the perform against their team mate and what their notable performances are... Rosberg has been dominant at Merc and has had a couple of well deserved podiums.... He is SO underrated it's unbelievable..

Really, What has Webber done? Won a couple of races that were handed to him? Kubica is good but not IMO as good as Rosberg. What has Rosberg done, well he has outperformed Scum in almost every quali session and race. HE DOES NOT DRIVE FOR AN ELITE QUALITY TEAM. MERCEDES ARE NOT ELITE. The only Elite teams on the grid, are Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull... None of the other cars are anywhere near capable of winning races...

Did you see Rosberg in his lower Formula like F3 and GP2, he was absolutley oustanding.. Especially as his competition was some of the best F3 had ever seen at the time.

Anyway, no hard feelings, just a debate.. I don't want a fight...
Wins world championship, then the year after get massive manufacturer investment and resources. Tell me how that isn't elite quality? A healthy Kubica would be competing for championships at Mercedes. And yes Rosberg was great in the lower formulae. How could he not be when he had the connections to get him crazy amounts of testing and seats at ASM/ART, the best team in the European ladder. He did prove he wasn't worthless. What he didn't do was prove that he had "it", like the truly elite in the sport have. I'm glad you stopped at the competition in F3 because the competition in GP2 was Kovalainen and that's it.

And Mark Webber, excluding this past year, has shown time and time again that he has world class quality, but also world class bad luck as well. This past year was awful and poor in every way, but even at Jaguar and Williams Mark was at the sharp end at times due to pure pace, and had it ripped from him by unreliability.

Kubica took a ****ty Sauber and outran Renault and a
Ferrari(Felipe probably still has nightmares about not being able to get past Kubica) in just his third race. If not for Sauber's retarded move to develop the car for Heidfeld in 2008, Kubica might have won the championship. And he was leading the Chinese GP legitimately in 2007, not to mention what he did at Renault in 2010, when that team had been so awful that Alonso himself couldn't barely get a result.

The trouble with F1 is that its such a big margin between the top middle and bottom that comparing drivers is much harder than in lower formula... You can only judge F1 drivers by how the perform against their team mate and what their notable performances are... Rosberg has been dominant at Merc and has had a couple of well deserved podiums.... He is SO underrated it's unbelievable..

He's been driving against a guy who hadn't driven in three years and was showing signs of rust before he retired the first time!

Wins world championship, then the year after get massive manufacturer investment and resources. Tell me how that isn't elite quality? A healthy Kubica would be competing for championships at Mercedes. And yes Rosberg was great in the lower formulae. How could he not be when he had the connections to get him crazy amounts of testing and seats at ASM/ART, the best team in the European ladder. He did prove he wasn't worthless. What he didn't do was prove that he had "it", like the truly elite in the sport have. I'm glad you stopped at the competition in F3 because the competition in GP2 was Kovalainen and that's it.

And Mark Webber, excluding this past year, has shown time and time again that he has world class quality, but also world class bad luck as well. This past year was awful and poor in every way, but even at Jaguar and Williams Mark was at the sharp end at times due to pure pace, and had it ripped from him by unreliability.

Kubica took a ****ty Sauber and outran Renault and a
Ferrari(Felipe probably still has nightmares about not being able to get past Kubica) in just his third race. If not for Sauber's retarded move to develop the car for Heidfeld in 2008, Kubica might have won the championship. And he was leading the Chinese GP legitimately in 2007, not to mention what he did at Renault in 2010, when that team had been so awful that Alonso himself couldn't barely get a result.

Wait dude, thats like saying Williams are elite because they won the WC back in 97.... Merc do not have the car, seriously, even with Vettel or Hamilton Merc wouldn't win any races... Not a chance... When Kubica was in his prime in 08 he had a car that could just about win, just... It was a championship competitior, but by a long shot.

He's been driving against a guy who hadn't driven in three years and was showing signs of rust before he retired the first time!

He wasn't really, just because he got beaten by Alonso two times on the trot doesnt mean he was rusty. He was still getting poles, still winning races and still cheating... He was easily capable of winning another WC.

Wait dude, thats like saying Williams are elite because they won the WC back in 97.... Merc do not have the car, seriously, even with Vettel or Hamilton Merc wouldn't win any races... Not a chance... When Kubica was in his prime in 08 he had a car that could just about win, just... It was a championship competitior, but by a long shot.

That is nothing like what I'm trying to say. Mercedes, as Brawn won a championship with the CURRENT GENERATION of cars. With Vettel and Hamilton that car IS winning. Vettel won in a Toro Rosso, and Hamilton won in that dog of a car in 2009.

He wasn't really, just because he got beaten by Alonso two times on the trot doesnt mean he was rusty. He was still getting poles, still winning races and still cheating... He was easily capable of winning another WC.

You're right. But mistakes like in Australia, Monaco, Hungary and Brazil were a far cry from his 2002 and 2004 form. And Alonso was running away with it until Ron Dennis *****ed and moaned the mass dampers away.

That is nothing like what I'm trying to say. Mercedes, as Brawn won a championship with the CURRENT GENERATION of cars. With Vettel and Hamilton that car IS winning. Vettel won in a Toro Rosso, and Hamilton won in that dog of a car in 2009.

But it's not really the same team/generation of cars! Things have progressed so much since. Don't forget that Honda were the masters behind the design of the BGP01...

Lewis won in the 2009 MP4-24 because by the end of a year it wast vastly improved... The car was a completely different animal by the end of the season.

Are you telling me that Vettels win in the Toro Rosso was because he just ringed the neck out of the car? Couldn't be further from the truth.... It was because he had a very masterful performance, the car was not a capable car to win any races, only reason it did was because it was torrential rain and he kept it under control. It's like saying that the Stewart that finished second at Monaco in 97 was a contender, where did it finish the rest of the season, at the back...

Seriously, the Merc is not a contender...

It seems you think that because a team/driver was good at some point that they will automatically be a contender. You can not for a second say that any car on the F1 grid on outright pace coupled with driver talent is capable of winning underneath Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull... You would be soooooo wrong..

You watch Kimi have a very mediocre season...

You're right. But mistakes like in Australia, Monaco, Hungary and Brazil were a far cry from his 2002 and 2004 form. And Alonso was running away with it until Ron Dennis *****ed and moaned the mass dampers away.

Every driver has off years, like Lewis this year... He isn't rusty but made a ton of errors..

Oh and Webber, he seriously hasn't got it... there is only so many times you can get pole and end up fourth by the end of lap one.. He seriously under performs each year. However if thats because he doesn't have equal equipment to Vettel remains to be seen... he is most definitley playing second fiddle....

But it's not really the same team/generation of cars! Things have progressed so much since. Don't forget that Honda were the masters behind the design of the BGP01...

Lewis won in the 2009 MP4-24 because by the end of a year it wast vastly improved... The car was a completely different animal by the end of the season.

Are you telling me that Vettels win in the Toro Rosso was because he just ringed the neck out of the car? Couldn't be further from the truth.... It was because he had a very masterful performance, the car was not a capable car to win any races, only reason it did was because it was torrential rain and he kept it under control. It's like saying that the Stewart that finished second at Monaco in 97 was a contender, where did it finish the rest of the season, at the back...

Seriously, the Merc is not a contender...

It seems you think that because a team/driver was good at some point that they will automatically be a contender. You can not for a second say that any car on the F1 grid on outright pace coupled with driver talent is capable of winning underneath Ferrari, McLaren and Red Bull... You would be soooooo wrong..

You watch Kimi have a very mediocre season...
The reason it's not a contender is the two guys behind the wheel.

VN Store

Back