Dooley to Address Media Tomorrow

Unfortunately he isn't resigning. However he must address the defection by coaches and now recruits. Already today we have had two de-commits with rumors that more are coming. If he doesn't give the fans his plan and we end up at something like 30th or worse he will get lambasted like you can't believe. This is out of his element and if he doesn't show some remorse for the Kentucky loss he is going to get it. Remember this is the coach that said getting the extra days of practice this year made no difference.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes it's very odd. You don't think the timing is odd? Really?

No, I don't at all. The media has been begging for him to talk for weeks, he agreed to do it before the final recruiting push. I don't find it odd at all since we won't hear from him again until after NSD.

Are you saying we did Sanders wrong? If anything, we held onto him too long.

He was better than Clawson. He beat us with a wr at qb. If a coach isn't getting the job done & there's somebody better I'm all for change. Change for the sake of change does nothing.

No, I don't at all. The media has been begging for him to talk for weeks, he agreed to do it before the final recruiting push. I don't find it odd at all since we won't hear from him again until after NSD.

So this has planned for awhile?

O...kay...

And what if we hire a better coach? Then it's like three.

After seeing how much trouble we had getting name coaches during the Kiffin and Dooley hire, I find it hard to believe that we would have BETTER luck this time.

We get rid of Dooley, we've shown that we don't give coaches a decent chance to build up the program.

That's what I'm seeing.

To me, it's absolutely paramount that we keep Dooley right now.

Reactions: 3 people
He was better than Clawson. He beat us with a wr at qb. If a coach isn't getting the job done & there's somebody better I'm all for change. Change for the sake of change does nothing.

We didn't get rid of Sanders for the sake of change. We got rid of Sanders because the entire SEC was predicting our play calls before the year even started. It's not like he has been spectacular at Kentucky, either. He was just very lucky to have a Randall Cobb to do everything.

My guess is that both Wilcox and Sirmon gave him notice in time so he could be ready to announce a new DC and possibly fill the other openings also. That should ease the shock to the recruits so the defections will be minimal. Here's hoping!!

Ainge just tweeted about something interesting coming in that press conference.

This timing isn't crazy that he just now scheduled this press conference for tomorrow? Yeah, ok. There might be nothing shocking in the pc, but it surely hasn't been planned for tomorrow for a long time. That would be too coincidental.

He's gonna announce nega vols can come coach & call plays so there will be no excuses for losing.

Aren't you tired yet? Give it up.

Huh? Wth u talking about?

Oh I see you're the nega vol. I'm sure you wanted every coach the past quarter century fired. Fulmer, sanders, Chavis, etc etc. Put in your resume.

hes talking about you being a sunshine pumper...dooley has done his best to run it in the ground so get off his nuts...go post in a sunshine pumper thread.

This timing isn't crazy that he just now scheduled this press conference for tomorrow? Yeah, ok. There might be nothing shocking in the pc, but it surely hasn't been planned for tomorrow for a long time. That would be too coincidental.

It has been planned for this week for a while. Specifically for tomorrow? No.

Don't read too much into this.

Erik Ainge @ErikAinge3 11m
Crazy news from UT, dont miss the press conference tomorrow!

A Kid Named Scott @justinhunter_11
I'm so confused

A Kid Named Scott @justinhunter_11 2h
Just heard something that I should keep in mind

hes talking about you being a sunshine pumper...dooley has done his best to run it in the ground so get off his nuts...go post in a sunshine pumper thread.

Not a sunshine pumper I'm a realist. Find a better coach THAT WANTS THE JOB & I'll help Dooley pack.

VN Store

Back