'12 CO QB Cyler Miles

I've heard rumors that he's been talking up Washington in the past week, but he also said a couple of months ago that he would eliminate UW if Jeff Lindquist committed, which he did. I would be surprised if he picked us because we already landed a good QB, but I know Sarkisian is going after 1 more QB this class due to our lack of depth.

- UW Fan on Tigerdroppings

TIFWIW

UT was definitely the logical choice from his top 5. But like most people I didn't think we would have much of a shot since he has never visited campus. It's very rare when recruits commit without visiting, but hopefully this time will be an exception. :)

I think he likes UT and the coach's alot and just may not have the money for camps and unofficial visits. Could always change his mind after taking OV but if he does commit to us there's no reason to think it would change after he visits and sees what Vol Land has to offer.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think he likes UT and the coach's alot and just may not have the money for camps and unofficial visits. Could always change his mind after taking OV but if he does commit to us there's no reason to think it would change after he visits and sees what Vol Land has to offer.

108d.gif

Brandon Huffman the West Coast Scout analyst is saying Vol also.

Another quote from JB

just spoke to someone else close to the situation, not sure on Miles, but feels that UT will have two to three commitments by next Wednesday.

"My five are Illinois, Washington, Tennessee, Arkansas and Florida," Miles said. "Washington has a commitment but they're taking two guys and still want me. The other schools have been recruiting me very consistently and I'm very comfortable with the coaching staffs at each of the schools.. ,,, I'll make my announcement next Friday, June 3. I took visits to all of those schools except Florida and Arkansas but I feel I know enough about each of them to keep them on my list. I'm excited about this and I'm looking forward to putting the recruiting process behind me."

I know everyone keeps saying he can't commit to a school without stepping foot on campus, but just came across this article and it sounds like he did make it to Knoxville at some point...

Brandon Huffman the West Coast Scout analyst is saying Vol also.

Another quote from JB

We've been telling some guys to wait, so I guess that could be true.

I still can't see getting a commitment from a guy who has never visited...

"My five are Illinois, Washington, Tennessee, Arkansas and Florida," Miles said. "Washington has a commitment but they're taking two guys and still want me. The other schools have been recruiting me very consistently and I'm very comfortable with the coaching staffs at each of the schools.. ,,, I'll make my announcement next Friday, June 3. I took visits to all of those schools except Florida and Arkansas but I feel I know enough about each of them to keep them on my list. I'm excited about this and I'm looking forward to putting the recruiting process behind me."

I know everyone keeps saying he can't commit to a school without stepping foot on campus, but just came across this article and it sounds like he did make it to Knoxville at some point...
Interesting. I really like our chances after hearing that

Logically, the Vols make the most sense for Cyler. Things just don't add up to me. Why offer a QB like Preston if you think you have one on the line like Miles. That's the worst time to offer a QB. Plus, Dooley wouldn't let Maurice Couch commit last year until he saw UT. Why would he not tell Cyler to hold his commitment until he visits as he's done with others?

Thirdly, Miles said that he wants to go somewhere where he knows he will be comfortable. He hasn't even seen Knoxville or UT! How would he even know?

I want it to be UT and I will be thrilled if wrong, but I just don't see it. Anxious to hear Hubbs' comments.

Great find! Anyone smell smoke???

Dewey was said to be making a decision soon, so maybe that is why we went ahead and offered, just in case Cyler did not pick UT. We had to at least put the offer on the table. The other arguments you mention Sab make sense, although like you, I hope he picks the Vols tomorrow.

VN Store

Back