The Weightlifters Thread

Haven't tried either. Just started lifting again. Any particular brand?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Haven't tried either. Just started lifting again. Any particular brand?

Goatien is sold at bodybuilding.com. That's the one I've tried.
Also can usually be found at local health food stores.

SL deads are awesome. I don't do them much now, but I did a lot of them in the past. My hamstrings are a strong point for me and I have to use too much weight to feel them now. I'm getting older and more afraid of injury. I also like the Jefferson squat and its effective, but that's more of a glute exercise IMO.

I agree it targets the glutes more, but the only time I do glutes is leg days.

My only rule for legs day is no squats and DL's on the same day. Too much on my back and knees.

No doubt. As I've gotten older I've went as far as seperating them by as much as a week. I love the deadlift and hate the squat. Everybody has preferences I guess.

Last edited:
I can't run for about 4 days after I do deadlifts because my lower back is so tight. I think I'm going to take up biking for cardio.

I've actually thought about it. My flexibility sucks compared to what it was when I played baseball.

I've actually thought about it. My flexibility sucks compared to what it was when I played baseball.
It's worth it. I need to get back into it, but I did it twice a week for about six months. Not only was my flexibility great, but I was rarely sore and I could have sworn it made me just a tiny bit taller... At least I felt that way after every session.

Keep your west coast, hippie ideas off our board.
Yoga classes are scientifically proven to contain the highest concentrations of quality trim anywhere in the US. If that's west coast hippie ideas, then hand me a joint and tie me to a tree.

It's worth it. I need to get back into it, but I did it twice a week for about six months. Not only was my flexibility great, but I was rarely sore and I could have sworn it made me just a tiny bit taller... At least I felt that way after every session.

Yoga classes are scientifically proven to contain the highest concentrations of quality trim anywhere in the US. If that's west coast hippie ideas, then hand me a joint and tie me to a tree.

:lolabove:

I'm convinced. Starting yoga class Monday evening.

On the topic of legs:

I can't express how much I love a good leg workout right now. It also helps that I'm pushing towards a big goal of mine on squats right now and, of 4 major lifts, I'm only behind my goals on deadlifts due to the back problems I had a while back. Thankfully, those seem to be working themselves out and I only suffer from a little stiffness from time to time.

I'm also close to my initial bodyweight goals without seeming to have gained too much fat (judging by tape measure and eye test since I don't have calipers). Looking forward to a good workout tomorrow!

Thanks for the info guys. For those of you that hate leg days so much, what does your typical leg day look like?

4 sets of power clean
4 sets of squats
4 sets of straight leg deadlifts pc %
4 sets of sumo dead lifts sq %
4 sets of leg circuit.

Can anyone tell me a way to increase my bench press? like a certain % for increasing power and how many sets and reps? it'd be highly appreciated. im 15 y/o and stuck between the 155/165 range. ive started taking muscle milk, 16-20 fl oz with 40 g of protein, and 590 calories.

4 sets of power clean
4 sets of squats
4 sets of straight leg deadlifts pc %
4 sets of sumo dead lifts sq %
4 sets of leg circuit.

Can anyone tell me a way to increase my bench press? like a certain % for increasing power and how many sets and reps? it'd be highly appreciated. im 15 y/o and stuck between the 155/165 range. ive started taking muscle milk, 16-20 fl oz with 40 g of protein, and 590 calories.
I'd go with a full body routine, all compound lifts. Are you trying to get bigger too?

Last edited:

You're doing just fine for a 15 year old.

Barbell bench is kind of a jerkoff exercise though, switch to dumbbells.

Had my best workout last night. Rest day today and back again tomorrow. I enjoy running on the treadmill now and I started front squats last night. Fun stuff. My bike gets built on Tuesday so I'll be cardio focused from here on out, working on losing as much weight as possible.

I'd go with a full body routine, all compound lifts. Are you trying to get bigger too?

Yes i'm trying to get bigger.

You're doing just fine for a 15 year old.

Barbell bench is kind of a jerkoff exercise though, switch to dumbbells.

And I guess so. Its just frustrating to not make much progress and get stuck at a certain point. and will dumbbells help me on my barbell bench max?

Yes i'm trying to get bigger.

And I guess so. Its just frustrating to not make much progress and get stuck at a certain point. and will dumbbells help me on my barbell bench max?

Yes. However, at your age and weight, you shouldn't be hitting any major plateaus. Nothing beats barbell compound movements for strength.

Eat more.

Anyone know of a good stretching routine?

Anyone?

forever-alone-face.png

VN Store

Back