Charlie Weiss to Florida as OC???

He is a hell of a OC, and recruiter.

Just cant cut it as a HC.

Would be a blockbuster hire for the gators.

He'll do good with Brantley.

I wonder where his head is though going back to college ball so quick. I guess winning doesn't cure all in KC.

I can't say I wish him luck, but I can say I hope he gets a couple of fine Gainesville co-eds with the crabs.

Corso ripped teh idea this morning on Gameday
I couldn't believe he was so strong in his statements

Basically said Muschamp as a 1st year HC, couldn't handle Weiss

Weis doesn't worry me at all...His offenses sucked at Notre Dame....Not scary at all but at least the reptiles are excited...That will make that beating We give them next season that much sweeter. :)

It's simpler than your average WCO. A lot of formations, motions, personnel, few concepts and plays. Uses a lot of numbers as well. Unlike most offenses that use Right or Left to denote the position of Y/TE, EP uses numbers.

0, 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8, 9 are base formations -- on even numbers Y is on the right, odd numbers on the left. The numbers denote backfield sets with modifiers;

0/1 - I-Formation
2/3 - Far
6/7 - Split Backs
8/9 - Near

1 Out Slot 50 D-Slant Snag

Y is on the right, out represents the position of F, and slot denotes that the FL and SE are on the same side.

50 is the protection: 7 man slide with no hots.

I could give you a more in-depth rundown if you want. I can eat, sleep, and breathe this stuff.

In general, I think people way overestimate how complicated offensive "systems" are.

Weis doesn't worry me at all...His offenses sucked at Notre Dame....Not scary at all but at least the reptiles are excited...That will make that beating We give them next season that much sweeter. :)
Those first couple of years under Weis, ND was scoring a lot of points.

He asked if it was complicated, I gave him a very brief overview. It doesn't seem that detailed to me. Considering most WCO playbooks have play-calls that are longer than NASA terminology, I would say EP is very easy to pickup. In my opinion, the problem occurs when players play under different systems that use the same codewords with different terminology, and you don't find this very often on the collegiate level. For example:

Both EP terminology:

In Chan Gailey's system 74-75 is a six man protection with the halfback having a strong-side dual-read. In Weis' system 74-75 is a 3x2 empty protection with a five man slide.

Frankly, most NFL coaches cut the playbook in half on the collegiate level regardless, and if you cannot learn the playbook, you're lazy.The real genius behind Weis' system is the multiplicity. Rather than use a few formations with a zillion plays, Weis uses a ton of formations, motions, and shifts to get the right match-up. He freaking loves screens and PA passes.

Those first couple of years under Weis, ND was scoring a lot of points.

and he'll have better athletes at Florida than he had at ND

Sources tell AP that Charlie Weis has agreed to become O-coordinator at Florida. #Gators #Chiefs

He asked if it was complicated, I gave him a very brief overview. It doesn't seem that detailed to me. Considering most WCO playbooks have play-calls that are longer than NASA terminology, I would say EP is very easy to pickup. In my opinion, the problem occurs when players play under different systems that use the same codewords with different terminology, and you don't find this very often on the collegiate level. For example:

Both EP terminology:

In Chan Gailey's system 74-75 is a six man protection with the halfback having a strong-side dual-read. In Weis' system 74-75 is a 3x2 empty protection with a five man slide.

Frankly, most NFL coaches cut the playbook in half on the collegiate level regardless, and if you cannot learn the playbook, you're lazy.The real genius behind Weis' system is the multiplicity. Rather than use a few formations with a zillion plays, Weis uses a ton of formations, motions, and shifts to get the right match-up. He freaking loves screens and PA passes.

wut?

I wouldn't get too excited if I were a FL fan. He won't be there more than a year. Book it. As soon as a decent HC job opens up he'll leave the Gators high and dry.

Gregg Davis working crossword puzzles in the press box at Texas. Weis reading comic books on the sidelines at Notre Dame games. Has Muschamp really thought this through??? :no:

Not trying to argue but Im not that impressed. Tom Brady still plays with the Patriots and other than his time there he has not been that great. Furthermore the Pats didn't really skip a beat when he left.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

While Brady has had great individual success, they haven't won a Super Bowl since he has left. Just saying.

VN Store

Back