Charlie Weiss to Florida as OC???

Chris Mortenson reported that the Chiefs were going to fire him after the season. Weis was a divisive element in KC. I would not expect Weis to be in Gainesville very long. He is a NFL guy.

Weis called plays. Haywood called plays in one of the seasons. I'll say this again: On paper Weis is one of the best. When developing young players through proper fundamentals he is mediocre. In the NFL you have the best of the best, in college not so much. He is a great coach, but don't mistake him for Bill Walsh.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A lateral move if you can call it that, from the NFL to the NCAA makes absolutely no sense... There has to be underlying issues there in KC. That being said, being a UT fan I personally don't like the move because they could have done much worse. Weiss is still a big name draw, and has the ability to hold any commitments they currently have. Anyone that thinks otherwise is just stupid.

I guess time will tell but I'm not overly impressed with the hire. In the "what have you done lately?" world of football, the answer for Charlie is "Not much".

Well, the Chiefs are winning a helluva lot more games than they usually do. Not saying it's because of Weiss, just saying.

Even as a Gator Fan, I am still skeptical. I want to see him in Orange and Blue before I believe anything. I am hearing bull gators have ponied up to 1 million so far for Charlie, I don't know yet if they will go higher if a bidding war ensues.

I love the hire if it happens. He is an excellent play caller which is what we need most. We can hire other position coaches to teach fundamentals which I believe is his biggest weakness. Also this could have a very positive effect on recruiting which is something we need right now. The OC and DC hires are going to have a huge impact on how we finish in recruiting this year.

This move just doesn't make much sense to me. Go back to college and be a OC for a guy with no head coaching experience? Either they're going to pay him big bucks or this is total horse sheet.

This move just doesn't make much sense to me. Go back to college and be a OC for a guy with no head coaching experience? Either they're going to pay him big bucks or this is total horse sheet.
Yeah, somethings fishy in Denmark.

kentbabb Kent Babb
Hearing so many conflicting rumors on weis, it's crazy. Some involve fla, others with him staying in the nfl. Most involve him leaving kc.
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Babb is a reporter for the Kansas City Star.

Muschamp is one of the best defensive minds in cfb. Weis is the absolute BEST oc in nfl or cfb. We would be looking at big trouble against them.

It seems that Weis is just shopping hiself. He can be the highest paid oc in cfb. He can command at least a mill. Remember he is loaded with the ND money. It doesn't matter if he sucks as a recruiter because as long as they put up points recruits will go their. They will also get all the prostyle qb. But I bet Weis only stays for a couple of years.

But we as vols should not take him going as a joke. His offenses ate up cfb defenses at ND. With Florida talent there isn't a defense that can match up consistently.

This is bad guys.

meh... the game is still the same.

Everyone has a plan till they get hit in the mouth.

Muschamp is one of the best defensive minds in cfb. Weis is the absolute BEST oc in nfl or cfb. We would be looking at big trouble against them.

It seems that Weis is just shopping hiself. He can be the highest paid oc in cfb. He can command at least a mill. Remember he is loaded with the ND money. It doesn't matter if he sucks as a recruiter because as long as they put up points recruits will go their. They will also get all the prostyle qb. But I bet Weis only stays for a couple of years.

But we as vols should not take him going as a joke. His offenses ate up cfb defenses at ND. With Florida talent there isn't a defense that can match up consistently.

This is bad guys.

Well hell, might as well shut it down.

I didn't say we should just give up. But that is a lethal combination. Espn has already said uf would win the east guaranteed iff this goes down. I would have to agree. They will automatically be a top 5 team every yr until they break it up. Bad news while we rebuild.

Will I still cheer my Vols in every game .....YES. But we need to look realistically at what's going on around other schools. Uf just made a move that checkmates Bama, Lsu, and Auburn.

Not trying to argue but Im not that impressed. Tom Brady still plays with the Patriots and other than his time there he has not been that great. Furthermore the Pats didn't really skip a beat when he left.

This is bad guys.

You have got to be kidding :eek:lol:

What are they going to do? Pay him more than the HC? No offense to anyone other than Weis himself but he is an idiot if he goes to FL as the OC...

Good grief Charlie Brown do these boards thrive on outrageous speculation or what? I think after coaching change, a down season is pretty much guarunteed. The only thing Charlie Weiss has dominated is the Chili's menu. I hope that Muschamp goes back to HC at Texas after Mack Brown gets fired next year. :D

If this actually happens (which I have my doubts) then I wouldn't expect him to stay long. I think that he wants to be a HC again.

VN Store

Back