Charlie Weiss to Florida as OC???

This is a big time move by Muschamp. I keep trying to square why he would leave an NFL playoff team, with Cassell, Bowe, Charles etc... to go back to the rigors of coaching and recruiting kids. It can't be about the money. Brilliant move by UF. Hope Muschamp doesn't go after Lance next.

Will he be Front Butt in waiting? I think Muschamp will bolt when Texas comes calling or possibly for Georgia. Florida is a great job , but Texas is a better one because of the conference they play in and also a bit easier to recruit. Georgia may be a longshot , but he did play for them. I'm just not sold on his love for Florida. Maybe Florida is making sure they have someone just incase this happens after say ... one season.

Looking at the fact Haley being a Off. Coach with a strong personality and being a jerk at times, Charlie tired of that dude and found a way out. Do anyone believe is quitting to wait Notre Dame out? Its his dream job and Kelly isn't killing it. They beat a bad U so I think Urban wanting the Irish out since Kelly runs the spread so it would be easy to come in and take off.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Looking at the fact Haley being a Off. Coach with a strong personality and being a jerk at times, Charlie tired of that dude and found a way out. Do anyone believe is quitting to wait Notre Dame out? Its his dream job and Kelly isn't killing it. They beat a bad U so I think Urban wanting the Irish out since Kelly runs the spread so it would be easy to come in and take off.

Huh? :blink:

Hopefully his arrogance will kill any promise this might seem to have. From what i've heard he was one arrogant SOB at Notre Dame. I don't know how well that will work at Florida but i hope it's not good.

Not because they have had any problem scoring. Just Saying.

1) Their offense gets significantly worse in the playoffs since they can't run.

2) They haven't been able to run the ball since Weiss left.

I'm not claiming Weiss to be the brains behind the NE operation. That's crazy. However, he had a big influence on Brady (who has said that himself), and on a lot of people on offense. Look at Brady's receivers in the Super Bowl years. Weiss knew how to get them open.

Hopefully his arrogance will kill any promise this might seem to have. From what i've heard he was one arrogant SOB at Notre Dame. I don't know how well that will work at Florida but i hope it's not good.

This is called Mike Martz Madness, where you are such a pompous jackass it cancels out all your football ability as a coach.

This is called Mike Martz Madness, where you are such a pompous jackass it cancels out all your football ability as a coach.
Charlie isn't going to be there for the long haul anyway. He has some other underlying motivation for taking that job. Maybe he thinks Muschump will get canned in a year or two and he can take over? Either that or he is building resume for another head coaching gig in college. It's just weird he'd go back to the NFL, have success i might add, then end up back in college the next year. That is a weird turn of events.

Weis doesn't worry me at all...His offenses sucked at Notre Dame....Not scary at all but at least the reptiles are excited...That will make that beating We give them next season that much sweeter. :)

Considering the worst UF offense in your lifetime put up 31 against UT, any upgrade at OC should be a cause for concern.

Reading this thread you'd think UT has the 6 game winning streak, not UF. :eek:lol:

those Bull gators probably won't put up with as much crap as priest

This is a big time move by Muschamp. I keep trying to square why he would leave an NFL playoff team, with Cassell, Bowe, Charles etc... to go back to the rigors of coaching and recruiting kids. It can't be about the money. Brilliant move by UF. Hope Muschamp doesn't go after Lance next.

He's leaving the Chiefs because he's being pushed out the door. They were going to fire him as soon as their season was over. This is Charlie's way of getting his foot back in the door(in a big way)in the college game. He won't be OC more than a year at FL. A good HC job opens up next year and he'll flee Gainesville before they even know about it. This is nothing more than a very temporary gig for him and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Considering the worst UF offense in your lifetime put up 31 against UT, any upgrade at OC should be a cause for concern.

Reading this thread you'd think UT has the 6 game winning streak, not UF. :eek:lol:

Scored 31 against a defense under it's 3rd DC in 3 years and with a very thin roster. You must have been in that crowd from '09 claiming Urban was going to hang 70 on UT in the swamp.

After reading your reply, you must have the same mindset as the rest of your Gator brethren, believing with this recent hire that suddenly UF will avg. 50 PPG and dominate everyone for the foreseeable future.

Good luck with that.

...did you expect people here to cower in fear of the front butt?

He's a good coach but you will have forgive us (some of us) for not hanging our heads in defeat when the game has yet to be played.

Wow, reading this post you would think UT was not on it's 3rd DC in 3 years and that Floriduh hasn't had a top 5 recruiting class 4 years in a row..Failed gastric bypass patients don't exactly create fear amongst rivals and morbidly obese coaches shouldn't create hope amongst the reptile faithful...JMO...:)

i havent heard weis name since he got to KC so all that arrogance stuff im not worried about it but i have seen the chiefs offense do a complete 180

So if its Weiss, can you now Tell me about your staff.

Give me position coaches and names? Thanks

He's leaving the Chiefs because he's being pushed out the door. They were going to fire him as soon as their season was over. This is Charlie's way of getting his foot back in the door(in a big way)in the college game. He won't be OC more than a year at FL. A good HC job opens up next year and he'll flee Gainesville before they even know about it. This is nothing more than a very temporary gig for him and anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.

Seems to be merit to him being pushed out, along with some rumours about Josh Daniels coming in. The ego of these guys is beyond the pale. Weiss transformed Bowe, figured out how to get Charles carries without getting him injured(and in the race for the rushing title while splitting carries) and has helped Cassell tremendously. I hope you're right, but I think he'll stay at UF at least 2 years.

Scored 31 against a defense under it's 3rd DC in 3 years and with a very thin roster. You must have been in that crowd from '09 claiming Urban was going to hang 70 on UT in the swamp.

After reading your reply, you must have the same mindset as the rest of your Gator brethren, believing with this recent hire that suddenly UF will avg. 50 PPG and dominate everyone for the foreseeable future.

Good luck with that.

I said all that?

My point was, a trained monkey is an upgrade over Addazio....let alone someone with Weiss's resume.

I guess I struck a nerve with some of you. :)

VN Store

Back