'11 FL DE Trevarris Saulsberry

Good luck Trevarris at UT. You deserve only the best. For all of you Vols fans...he's a great kid on and off the field.

Hubbs says that Saulsberry commited to Eric Russell tonight on the phone, he has yet to talk to Dooley & plans to in the morning.

Hubbs seems to think Dooley isnt ready to take Saulsberry commitment.

could be some awkward conversations in the morning

saulsberry to dooley: coach, i'm committed to the vols!
dooley to saulsberry: what, we don't want you yet. we like 3 other guys better and if we can't get them we'll check back with you.
saulsberry to dooley: oh. that sucks, cause i was really excited when i committed last night
dooley to saulsberry: who let you commit?
saulsberry to dooley [pointing at russell]: him
dooley to russell: why didn't you tell him he isn't good enough for us?
russell to dooley: i thought y'all liked him at camp
dooley to russell: of course we liked him. but not enough to take him in august. he's not that good.
saulsberry to dooley: um, you know i'm right here, right?
dooley to saulsberry: i'm sorry trevarris. well, let me think, if other people think you're good enough, then maybe we'll go ahead and take you right now. what are you on rivals?
saulsberry to dooley: well, you're not going to like this, but i'm a zero star right now
dooley to saulsberry: wow that's great! i usually prefer to target 2-star and 3-star guys. but we don't have any zero-stars in this class yet. welcome to knoxville!

could be some awkward conversations in the morning

saulsberry to dooley: coach, i'm committed to the vols!
dooley to saulsberry: what, we don't want you yet. we like 3 other guys better and if we can't get them we'll check back with you.
saulsberry to dooley: oh. that sucks, cause i was really excited when i committed last night
dooley to saulsberry: who let you commit?
saulsberry to dooley [pointing at russell]: him
dooley to russell: why didn't you tell him he isn't good enough for us?
russell to dooley: i thought y'all liked him at camp
dooley to russell: of course we liked him. but not enough to take him in august. he's not that good.
saulsberry to dooley: um, you know i'm right here, right?
dooley to saulsberry: i'm sorry trevarris. well, let me think, if other people think you're good enough, then maybe we'll go ahead and take you right now. what are you on rivals?
saulsberry to dooley: well, you're not going to like this, but i'm a zero star right now
dooley to saulsberry: wow that's great! i usually prefer to target 2-star and 3-star guys. but we don't have any zero-stars in this class yet. welcome to knoxville!

Now that's entertainment.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He's a starting DE for one of the top high schools in the state of Florida....need I say more. I have played football with him and against him...excellent player. Gainesville H.S. defense is ranked in the top 5 in the state of Florida.

He's a starting DE for one of the top high schools in the state of Florida....need I say more. I have played football with him and against him...excellent player. Gainesville H.S. defense is ranked in the top 5 in the state of Florida.

If that's the case-and I believe you-and he tore it up at a Nike camp and ours, I'm sold!

Dont worry about it. There are some malcontent star watchers on this site who would rather go by rivals rankings than coach evaluations. They also dont seem to understand how premature those rankings are.

I cant wait to see Trevarris in orange.

Good. I'm glad a Florida native can speak well on his behalf (GAINESVILLE). I'm not going to criticize anything about our coaches on this one, he's a Florida kid, and apparently he's done well at camps. I'm also glad b/c this staff is making inroads into Florida which is essential in recruiting talent.

From the Gainsville Camp in April....

Trevarris Saulsberry, 6-4/252, DE/DT, Gainesville (Fla.)
ASSETS: Long arms, quick hands and a frame that can add more muscle mass.
AREAS FOR IMPROVEMENT: He plays really high at the point of attack and has the body of a future offensive tackle at the next level. He will need to add more muscle if he expects to play defensive end or defensive tackle.
WHAT WAS MOST IMPRESSIVE: He used his hands like a martial artist, smacking offensive linemen away from his body. Saulsberry was also very quick off the ball for a huge lineman.
CONCLUSION: At this time he has one offer. Do not be surprised if more schools don't get involved with him as a potential offensive tackle because of the national shortage at that position this year

Trevarris Saulsberry - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Trevarris Saulsberry Profile

Big-time 2011 defensive line prospects – Varsity News - Gator Sports - Gainesville, FL - Archive

There are quite a few top-level local football prospects in the Class of 2011, and that is most apparent on the defensive line where there might be three “Florida level” talents.
Leading the way is Columbia’s 6-foot-2, 265-pound tackle Timmy Jernigan, who is on the short list of prospects in contention for the No. 1 ranking in the state. Nipping at his cleats are Union County’s 6-3, 256-pound Lonnie Gosha and Gainesville’s 6-4, 250-pound Trevarris Saulsberry.

The second link is a very good article by Scout, written this past January and one that makes me feel a lot better about this recruit. I suggest that all read the whole article before criticizing the commitment.

mlsoft

I just watched this kids Rivals video...very impressed...looks like an ideal 3-4 DE...in the same mode as Marcel Dareus...

Let's look at some pros and cons...

Pros
1.) Impressive film...again looks like a perfect 3-4 DE
2.) Got an immediate offer after dominating our camp and being evaluated by our coaches
3.) Big and athletic...looks like he could end up at DT or OL if 3-4 DE isn't in his future

Cons
1.) His offer list is not that impressive...say what you want about Rivals not having someone in FL right now...that doesn't explain no offers from the big 3...especially with him being in UF's backyard

I personally feel good about this one...I think it's another example of us getting on a guy before anyone else...with him impressing at 3 differant camps this summer I see him shooting up the rankings...he'll be a high (5.7) 3 star at least when it's all said and done

So did this guy commit or not? I haven't actually seen any proof that he did other than the thread saying so. It doesn't show on Rivals or Scout.

VN Store

Back