'11 FL DE Trevarris Saulsberry

Saulsberry talked to Dooley this morning & he has officially commited to Tennessee. Per Hubbs.

Bottom line is we have right now 2 guys on defense over 250lbs. Thats a problem. This kid has skill and provides depth at a MUCH needed position. He will end up at DT.

Glad to have him and any solid DT prospect thats ready to take up space.

Trevarris Saulsberry weighed in at 273 at UT Camp. He plans to enroll early and major in pharmacy. He will be starting college at the age of 17. Great kid, great parents and great football player. His dad was my football coach. I'm very happy for him and his family. UT couldn't ask for a better kid!

I really like this commitment

For 1 he is from Gainesville FL and I know that he isn't good enough to get a gator offer outta highschool but I hope that he'll come to Tennessee and try to prove to the gators that he deserved an offer kinda like our version of Randall Cobb

Secondly he us big enough and physically ready and you can bet that after Wylie gets his hands on him he'll be even more of a beast

Thirdly he is ATP the perfect 3-4 DE and he can grow into a DT easily with Wylie helping

Very Good pickup
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Trevarris Saulsberry weighed in at 273 at UT Camp. He plans to enroll early and major in pharmacy. He will be starting college at the age of 17. Great kid, great parents and great football player. His dad was my football coach. I'm very happy for him and his family. UT couldn't ask for a better kid!

Awesome. I love getting guys with some brains as well as talent...

Thanks. Now the next important question: Can he play or is he a project?

It would be kind of fun to see this guy and Posey get 4th stars... one from Athens, the other from Gainesville.

It might just be my orange colored glasses, but this looks like a good pick up to me.

IMO he is already a 4 star:

*Athletic
*Smart
*Big
*EE

If he is an ee, how many is that so far with this class. That is really starting to stand out.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

sounds like a great kid but where is he going to study pharmacy? UT's College of Pharmacy is in Memphis.

sounds like a great kid but where is he going to study pharmacy? UT's College of Pharmacy is in Memphis.

Unless he already has 90 semester hours of pre-pharmacy (or equivalent), then he can't go to the College of Pharmacy anyway. His actual degree field won't be pharmacy, just like Eric Berry's wasn't dentistry. If he has the goal of going into Pharmacy, then he can major in pre-pharmacy at UT...or Chemistry/Biology/etc.

Kind of surprised at taking this kid's commitment this early. However he seems to be intelligent, will be an early entry which will help him get physically ready sooner, and fills a huge position of need.

FWIW Saulsberry made second team all-state in 4-A competition...4-Star Giorgio Newberry made third team behind Saulsberry.

IMO that's a good sign of the kids ability. He is ranked ahead of a 4* recruit & a kid that is ranked the 7th best SDE. Once the kid gets evaluated he should be a 4* IMO.

IMO that's a good sign of the kids ability. He is ranked ahead of a 4* recruit & a kid that is ranked the 7th best SDE. Once the kid gets evaluated he should be a 4* IMO.

If Saulsberry is the better player, why does Newberry have a far superior offer list?

According to preseason polls and performance over the last several seasons we are probably his 3rd or 4th best offer. Obviously some other programs are noticing his talents as well. Sure, he isn't a blue chip recruit, but I think he is a take considering our depth at DT which is where this kid will probably end up.

I feel Saulsberry will be a great asset to the VOLS defense. He sees alot of positives in our new coaching staff and the direction of our program.

Congrats! I've got a good feeling about this one. Some S&C and coaching up and he's going to be a good one. JMHO.

Right out of Gatorland, too. LOL!!! UF's too busy chasing 4 & 5-stars to pay him any mind and since he's from Gainsville and UF doesn't pursue him everyone assumes he must not project all that well. Dooley was smart enough to get him to come in for a camp and find out for himself.

CDD has landed one from Athens Ga too, right?

There are VERY GOOD under-the-radar prospects all over the place. From what I've heard from some who indeed know, CDD is an exceptional evaluator of talent & upside as well as character & heart.

If Saulsberry is the better player, why does Newberry have a far superior offer list?

Making all-state lists doesn't necessarily make you a better college prospect. Newberry has 4.7 speed in the 40, probably one reason he is a 4 star.

VN Store

Back