'11 FL DE Trevarris Saulsberry

Making all-state lists doesn't necessarily make you a better college prospect. Newberry has 4.7 speed in the 40, probably one reason he is a 4 star.

That's my point. Some are trying to use the all-state list to imply that Saulsberry is as good or better than Newberry. A comparison of their offer lists goes in favor of Newberry and it isn't close.

Not 5 stars.. buzz me when we get a recruit that is worthy of my attention. :zeitung_lesen:

:p

That's my point. Some are trying to use the all-state list to imply that Saulsberry is as good or better than Newberry. A comparison of their offer lists goes in favor of Newberry and it isn't close.

Yea!! Its common for guys that suck to make the All-State team

The Saulsberries taste like Saulsberries!!

122.jpg

The bottom line is you find quality young athletes that have character combined with physical tools. THEN, you coach them "up". Let's see if CCS can beat the rating on this kid. A 4 star with an avg coach won't get you as far as a 3 with Vince Lombardi.

Heck, look what the Fonz did for Bobby Bouchette.

"who dat? who dere?"

The bottom line is you find quality young athletes that have character combined with physical tools. THEN, you coach them "up". Let's see if CCS can beat the rating on this kid. A 4 star with an avg coach won't get you as far as a 3 with Vince Lombardi.

Heck, look what the Fonz did for Bobby Bouchette.

"who dat? who dere?"

I just hope Dooley doesnt put on high heels when confronted by Saban, like Mr. Coach Klein did

Commitment Saulsberry now open minded about Tennessee GoVolsXtra

Saulsberry said he’ll consider Florida’s lack of interest when he plays against the Gators.

“There’s a lot of motivation to come and play a team that was recruiting me but didn’t make an offer,” he said. “I can show them they should have made me the offer.”

Florida could still offer Saulsberry, but that’s not likely to change his recruitment.

“It wouldn’t affect me at all,” he said. “I’m ready to come up to Knoxville.”

Just read the gvx article. I would stick it under the nose of every recruit UT is after right now. The part about being closed minded until he visited was great.

Woops... I guess UF was interested after all?

Probably to the same degree Ed Orgeron was "interested" in one of the linemen from my TN Class 2A alma mater last year. Enough to get a couple of letters and a phone call to his coach, but not nearly enough that an offer was coming.

Remember this folks Marcell Dareus was just a 3 star recruit. Look at what he is after he hit a college S&C program.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Probably to the same degree Ed Orgeron was "interested" in one of the linemen from my TN Class 2A alma mater last year. Enough to get a couple of letters and a phone call to his coach, but not nearly enough that an offer was coming.

Yeah... couldn't possibly be any good.

Guy, your kneejerk bias even against what you read with your own eyes is ridiculous.

The kid said they recruited him but didn't offer. Obviously that means with the limited space they have there were guys they wanted more... it also means they were a little more than passively interested.

Yeah... couldn't possibly be any good.

Where did I say that? Just because they didn't offer doesn't mean he'll never be good. But if he were some can't-miss player, I strongly doubt Meyer would have passed on him in his own backyard.

Trevarris Saulsberry - Yahoo! Sports

Scout.com: Trevarris Saulsberry Profile

Big-time 2011 defensive line prospects – Varsity News - Gator Sports - Gainesville, FL - Archive

There are quite a few top-level local football prospects in the Class of 2011, and that is most apparent on the defensive line where there might be three “Florida level” talents.
Leading the way is Columbia’s 6-foot-2, 265-pound tackle Timmy Jernigan, who is on the short list of prospects in contention for the No. 1 ranking in the state. Nipping at his cleats are Union County’s 6-3, 256-pound Lonnie Gosha and Gainesville’s 6-4, 250-pound Trevarris Saulsberry.

If he's a top 50 in the state guy, shouldn't that mean 4*. At least after camp evals & all. Apparently, his camps have been going well. Or at least some on here say whom I assume have insider access.

Just reading between the lines, he sounds like he gets what UT has to offer now with CDD the new coaching staff and is buying-in 110%. I sense that he'll be a good one.

I get the same feeling. He's probably my second favorite recruit so far... (behind Pat).

He is not a top 50 guy in the state of Florida.

doesnt mean he isnt good tho

I think hes every bit as good as someone like Deon Green

Last edited:
I'm sure that him being an EE, pushed him to get his offer. I'm VERY excited about this recruit, and glad he is possibly a DT.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back